PDA

View Full Version : A murti without equal?

JaiMaaDurga
22 September 2011, 04:48 AM
Namaste,
Yet another interesting example of "Maa is everywhere!":

What is known to many as the "Crab Nebula", the result of a supernova that was visible and recorded worldwide in 1054 (Western calendar), struck me recently as being rather poorly named; rather, the pattern of light and dark was far more evocative of Maa Durga, as She is so often shown upon Her vehicle of Lion... allow me to say I am well-acquainted with the concept of "pareidolia" or the art of seeing faces in cloud-patterns, etc., and would not bother mentioning anything at all, but for the fact that not only is there a startlingly good line-up of the two images, but also the location of the nebula: what would be the tip of the right horn of Taurus...

In many depictions (especially very old ones) of Durga's victory over Mahishasur, his bull-head is being subdued by Maa's grasping of a horn with one hand...Perhaps I am connecting too many dots in my love for Maa, but I do not think She would allow any harm to come of it :)

If it is permitted, I have attached a picture whereupon I have superimposed a 50% transparent image of Maa Durga over an image of the Nebula, so that people may judge for themselves...

The only alteration, other than transparency, was a tiny rotation counterclockwise, and a slight change in perspective that renders the left side of Maa's image closer/larger than the right. The nebula image was untouched. (Note that an image showing the Lion's head in profile would probably fit even better than what I have shown!)

Any and all comments are of course most welcome.
May Maa bless you,
JAI MATA DI

Mana
22 September 2011, 07:11 AM
Namasté JaiMaaDurga,

Lovely image; thank you for sharing!

Also great pointer, I must read a little of Durga's victory over Mahishasur.
It would seem that there is much happening in this part of the sky.
Some what resembling a Lorenz attractor, the butterfly's wing; in this churning milky sea.

How fascinating that the centre of the Galaxy is marked in this legend.

praNAma

mana

Yava Dari
22 September 2011, 12:14 PM
Looked at the original image. I think see it too:). Thanks for the beautiful image.

sunyata07
22 September 2011, 02:11 PM
Namaste JaiMaaDurga,

What an amazing picture! Thanks for sharing it with us. Our Beloved Mother truly is everywhere.

Jai Maa Durga!
Om namah Shivaya

JaiMaaDurga
06 October 2011, 06:21 PM
Namaste all,

Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful replies... since this news (http://www.space.com/13204-crab-nebula-high-energy-pulsar-beam.html) arrived, I thought it relevant to share here- Maa Durga will always defeat our assumptions of complete knowledge ;)

(If anyone was curious, the actual pulsar is located at approximately where Her right heel meets Her Shankha of Pranava in the superimposed image I'd uploaded earlier- the "artist's conception" in the article has the pulsar located at Her Nabhi, which although in a way fitting and auspicious, it is inaccurate, according to other detailed images of the pulsar's location within the nebula. )

JAI MATA DI

Mana
06 October 2011, 06:35 PM
Namasté JaiMaaDurga,

Once again, thank you for posting; a fantastic development. Breathtaking beauty and import.

praNAma

mana

shian
11 October 2011, 01:38 AM
Jai Maa Durga !

JaiMaaDurga
21 October 2011, 12:19 PM
Namaste and many thanks to those that enjoyed the post-

Somewhat related (and on the largest of scales!) this is a quote from a recent cosmology story (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/www.space.com/13347-big-bang-origins-universe-birth.html) that caught my eye and made me smile; perhaps you may enjoy it too... of course the emphasis in bold is mine:D

"I think time in our universe started with the Big Bang, but I think we were a fluctuation from a predecessor, a mother universe," Filippenko said.

JAI MATA DI