PDA

View Full Version : Bala (child)

shian
27 September 2011, 02:56 AM
namaste,

We have devotion to

Bal Krsna, Bal Ganesh, and Bala Tripurasundari

please teach me :

1. When this kind of devotion is appear ?
2. Why we devotee to child form of God ? what is the philosophy ?
3. Is Shiva and other deitys also worshiped in child form ?
4. What people believe about child form of God ?

Thank you :)

shian
27 September 2011, 02:59 AM
I find this :

http://www.hindu-blog.com/2009/02/shiva-as-child-child-form-of-lord-shiva.html

Where this story came from ? any litearture from sacred text ?

shian
27 September 2011, 03:02 AM
Also this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bala_Krishna

Special for Krsna Baghavan, because in His story, so many story about the chilhood of Krsna Baghavan, so many lila, so need to worship His child form, for remembering His Grace.

smaranam
14 October 2011, 04:03 PM
namaste,

2. Why we devotee to child form of God ? what is the philosophy ?

Namaste Shian,

About Shri KRshNa in particular, of course His baal lilas (pastimes) are too mesmerizing.

Another reason for choosing baal form of God is - the devotion is automatically selfless, pure, anyAbhilasha - shUnya (devoid of any desires for the individual's benefit). So, while the devotee is still in material mind frame, and still attached to the mundane, they will have a tendency to ask for something, or worship with some expectations in mind, or to gratify themselves.

With the child form this is practically impossible. What can you expect from a child ? The child is helpless and under your care, to be bathed, fed, dressed and nurtured. It molds the devotee into a shuddha bhakta (pure devotee) devoid of any desires for themselves.

This is why VallabhAcharya, the founder of the VaishNav path called Pushti Maarg, established devotion to Baal KRshNa (crawling infant) or Shri NAthJi (Govardhan-lifting-seven yr old KRshNa) as the standard.
That does not mean Pushti Marg devotees do not perform seva for other forms of KRshNa - like Dwarkadheesh (Lord of Dwarka), BAnke Bihari (flute playing), etc. but it is KRshNa only - not other avtars.

Radhe-ShyAm

shian
14 October 2011, 10:20 PM
wow, thank you Smaranam Ji

i also just read about Bala Tripurasundari, that devotion to Bala Tripurasundari is without any worldy desire.

I have Krsna rupang (colour), He is Bala Krsna, who crawl then have a big pot of honey, His hand and mouth full of honey.
Are this rupang is also allowed in puja ?
What is the divine meaning of this kind of rupang ?

smaranam
27 October 2011, 05:10 PM
Namaste Shian,

It is not honey, it is a pot of butter. Maakhan Leelaa.

"What is the Divine Meaning of this rupAnga ?"

Divine Meaning ?? Please read "Krishna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead" OR BhAgvat. I am going to post some amazing animation film about BhagvAn's leela.

Krishnaaaa