PDA

View Full Version : Hanuman as Primordial God

shian
27 September 2011, 03:11 AM
Namaste,

what a philosophy to see Hanuman as primordial God ?
any text about this ?

Thank you :)

sm78
27 September 2011, 07:12 AM
Hanuman is dear to many Hindus particularly in North India - but I don't know of any Hanumat sect. Hanuman is the greatest devotee of lord rama, and worshipping him gives all benefits of devotion to Ram. It also teaches the ideal character of bhaktas.

Hanuman is also worshipped as a tantric deity but it is not major as per my limited knowledge. There are upasakas of Anjaneya in South India smarta cycles who follow that path (or a perversion of the same).

shian
27 September 2011, 10:18 PM
Thank you SM 78

i fell touched with His bhakti to Sri Ram.
in simple way, we know that Hanuman is avatar of Baghavan Shiva etc.
But i also curious, from Hanuman how peoples meditate the qualities of God.
Maybe any Hanuman stotram or praises who have verses describe His almighty ?

I have recognized one kind form of God, who not appear as high like King etc, He will appear as servant, bhakta, or even demond to help beings know inner demond. (Like Shiva in Buddhism, Buddhist see Shiva as Vairocana's avatar, but Shiva also the great mara, great mara is Bodhisattva who have deep vow, this special vows is become mara to help beings recognized their inner mara. He also appear as guardian, as devote etc. Vairocana also appear as Acalanatha who is servant of sadhakas.) Acctually this kind of form is great, He teach us how to HUMBLE. He no need to show He is high etc, because He is Highest.

shian
17 October 2011, 03:13 AM
Vanakkam all,

why many peoples said Hanuman Chalisa is very powerfull chalisa ?
(many peoples talk about Hanuman chalisa but not others, many peoples promote to chant this chalisa), why ?

Thank you :)

c.smith
15 November 2011, 07:05 PM
Hari Om!

May I start with a passage from the Hanuman Chalisa by Manoj Publications, Delhi:

JAI JAI JAI HANUMAN GOSAIN
KRIPA KARHU GURUDEV KI NAIN

translation:
"O Brave Hanuman Ji! Victory to You! Victory to You! You please favor me like a mentor (Shri Guru Ji) does to his protege."

As is widely known, Hanuman is the Greatest of Devotees and shows us the way to liberation of the soul. He is the highest bhakta in my humble opinion. Chanting the Hanuman Chalisa 100 times daily is supposed to free the devotee from worldly entanglements and brings one to the highest form of happiness. One may ask, how is this so? May I suggest a simplified version of the classic Ramayana entitled "Hanuman - The Devotion and Power of the Monkey God" by Vanamali. It gives simple stories to entertain and explain. A simple and effective read.

Meditating on Lord Hanuman for me is quite easy because He already resides in my heart, to a lesser degree how Sita and Rama reside in His. I can only aspire to have such love and devotion. I start with breathing and then center on the beating of my heart. I can clearly see the Lord, sometimes in different forms but always with a smile on His face and His blessing hand extended. Love, peace, joy - so much seems to nearly overwhelm as I mentally chant His Mula Mantra. "Om Shri Hanumate Namaha".

Another mantra for meditative consideration is the Hanuman Gayatri Mantra: "Om Anjaneyaye Vidmahe Mahabalaye Dhimahi Tanno Hanuman Prachodayat Om". I'll have to pass on translation and allow someone more learned than I do the legwork here.

Again, in my opinion, being that Hanuman is an avatar of Shiva, He is Shiva Himself. There will be debate on this but please accept that this is my view. Thus I see Shiva (Hanuman) as the Primordial God.

Om Namah Sivaya
Jai Hanuman!

shian
15 November 2011, 07:25 PM
Jai Hanuman !

Wonderful C.Smith
thank you for your kindly sharing
Yes , i see Love to God from your sharing
that's sweet

Friend from the West
15 November 2011, 07:26 PM
Hari Om C. SmithJi,
You have said what I have been unable to articulate. How to capture with typed word is not possible, but yet you do. Dhanyavaad my friend. The heart sees what can not be said.

Jai Hanuman!

OM Shanti.

FFTW

shian
15 November 2011, 07:42 PM
Jai Hanuman !
Bajrangbali Ki Jai !

This Bajrangbali, if use sanskrit maybe "Vajra-bala"
im not expert in sanskrit
just guest

i want to add one :

From first time i see Lord Hanuman picture, or hear about Lord Hanuman (i hear His name when i child, i am is Christian, then Indonesia television was play Ramayana movie. Also in Indonesia have wayang kulit that is like puppet show who play the story of Itihasa, like Mahabarat and Ramayana, so Indonesian peoples is very familiar with Hanuman name. Indonesia peoples know Lord Shiva name as Bathara Guru (The Guru of Universe). Even now so many Indonesian is Islam, but they still know about Ramayana and Mahabarat, because this is culture from their ancestors. Than one Indonesian singer was sing about story when Lord Hanuman save Sinta , the song is called "Anoman Kobong" or Burning Hanuman.)
so when i hear when i see, even when i was christian (and i have teach peoples that pray to idol is evil), i never blame the name and figure of Hanuman. I like to hear and see this figure (Lord Hanuman). His form is lovely and peace , like Lord Ganesh.

bhajwin3
19 November 2011, 05:06 AM
Hanuman was born to Anjana, Anjana is the primordial Babylonian sky god , and Kesari, . According to the Vedas, his mother was an apsara who was born on Earth as a female vanara due to a curse. She would be redeemed from this curse on her giving birth to an incarnation of Lord Shiva, who is also known as Rudra, that is also endowed with the Supreme Power of exalted devotion to Bhagwaan Hari. Hanuman is endowed with 28 transcendental divine opulences, with perfection in each."