PDA

View Full Version : Seeing actual images of God in people?

Spiritualseeker
27 September 2011, 10:20 AM
Namaste,

It does not really matter, but this is just a curiosity that I can't help but ask. Are there any stories of people seeing images of a God in the face of someone else? The best way I can describe is seeing the image of that person s face to blur and somehow the face of that person (near center) may morph into an image of a God?

I saw an image of Ganesha when I was looking at my wife. It was sort of a Samadhi state, but I am always confused about certain states experienced out of disbelief. Anyways even her eyes looked like the eyes of Ganesha with red lining and her nose looking like the trunk of Ganesha. This would be a second time I seen something like this with a Deity. Other times I may see images of people I know in the face of someone when I am in what seems to be a still state or Samadhi on inquiry.

Om Namah Shivaya

smaranam
27 September 2011, 01:13 PM
Namaste SpiritualSeeker

These are experiences given by paramAtmA from within the heart when the mind has questions, doubts ... but not necessarily. Just as the mind is thinking a certain thing, paramAtmA shows something that verifies, refutes or assures.

This is how the Lord gently guides to strengthen faith depending on the path and where the person is. The most important is to have faith in Him.

It is wonderful that you saw GaNesh in your wife as it means this is what she is to you subconsciously. Seeing a known person's face in another also shows tadAtmik bhAv - they are one in spirit to you.

Something similar has happened to me.

1. I saw my mother as Shirdi Sai Baba, sitting in the same pose as Baba and the whole thing was revolving. It was clear that KRshNa was trying to tell me she is one with Baba. This was not very surprising as she is a mad devotee of Shirdi Sai and he is always with her. (These siddha gurus stay in the antariksha to continue their work of saviour, and to give devotees their association.)

2. A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PrabhupAd, who answered mind-questions several times,
once gave darshan in the dark as soon as i turned off the light after reading prayers to KRshNa by BrahmA/devas in his KRshNa book. He was "in space" smiling down at me, and around his head, just above was a glow with an image of Shriman NArAyaN.

I did not interpret that, except if you notice pictures of some siddhas/Datta-avatars have a DattAtreya above their head - whatever that means. Oneness with Him, at His Lotus Feet, one in spirit, whatever.

---

From moment to moment one can notice how the Supreme Lord shows things from within the heart, makes it so you pick the right book, message, turn in the right lane , stumble across the right thing, dream the right dream,
that answers the question you were lingering on - right away ! He does it all the time and keeps doing it ... till you are not you anymore...

Radhe !

Spiritualseeker
27 September 2011, 01:51 PM
Namaste,

Thank you smaranam. It seems like you experience many different auspicious moments from grace. It also seems to show the aliveness of the teachings. I see also the game of God in it. It seems to be jesting with itself. How strange this is. A lot of times I doubt the experiences. But the I that doubts is not needed nor the experience. I am grateful to grace for such experiences to show me what is even deeper than that.

Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya