PDA

View Full Version : Shaktiput

yajvan
04 January 2007, 12:45 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,
Any one on the forum receive shatiput? care to discuss?
Kularnava Tantra, verse 39 of Chapter 40 deals with shaktipat. I do not have this document, can anyone comment?

pranams,

Znanna
04 January 2007, 05:11 PM
I have been told by others that I have channeled shaktipat for them.

It's not something *I* initiate, it is given to me, on occasion.

I think it is because I have been devoted to HEr since age 19, and have allowed myself to be HEr expression, a vehicle of manifestation.

Namaste,
ZN

satay
04 January 2007, 08:49 PM
I have been told by others that I have channeled shaktipat for them.

It's not something *I* initiate, it is given to me, on occasion.

I think it is because I have been devoted to HEr since age 19, and have allowed myself to be HEr expression, a vehicle of manifestation.

Namaste,
ZN

Namaste zn,
I don't understand this talk of being a vehicle. But I am just a man. :)

atanu
05 January 2007, 09:30 AM
Namaste zn,
I don't understand this talk of being a vehicle. But I am just a man. :)

Satay you have triumphed over embodied Vak. Congrats. Dear Zn, will you not endorse this?

Om

Znanna
05 January 2007, 05:27 PM
Indeed, I respect satay's anagram and commend him on his efforts in refraining from sarcasm, too!

:)

In voudoun circles, when one is overcome by the godz, it is said that the godz are riding them. So, channel as in a stream which water flows through, vehicle as in horse being ridden.

Sorry if I was obtuse.

To me, it is a perfect balance when there is no difference between inside and outside, it is only the sexy sensation of bliss.

Perhaps I should note that I have been physically celibate for the better part of, um, 25 or so years .. what I do is psychic, telepathic ... I am not bound by location, time whatever.

Hope I haven't offended many.

Namaste,
ZN
/just a girl

atanu
06 January 2007, 06:16 AM
Indeed, I respect satay's anagram and commend him on his efforts in refraining from sarcasm, too!

:)

In voudoun circles, when one is overcome by the godz, it is said that the godz are riding them. So, channel as in a stream which water flows through, vehicle as in horse being ridden.

Sorry if I was obtuse.

To me, it is a perfect balance when there is no difference between inside and outside, it is only the sexy sensation of bliss.

Perhaps I should note that I have been physically celibate for the better part of, um, 25 or so years .. what I do is psychic, telepathic ... I am not bound by location, time whatever.

Hope I haven't offended many.

Namaste,
ZN
/just a girl

Namaskar ZN,

Actually godz are always riding -- knowing that one becomes an obedient vehicle and then godz give up (possibly they see no challenge or they just start loving the servant too much).

I think, from my experience, you indeed are a vehicle. Thanks. But I also feel that the completion is Self effort; vehicles being helpful as pointers and catalysers.

I now need a completion, my dear freind (ooh not again).

Om

Arjuna
08 October 2007, 04:17 PM
Any one on the forum receive shatiput? care to discuss?

Namaste,

According to Shaiva doctrine, shakti-[ni]pAta is the cause of any kind of spiritual siddhi including moksha. By means of sAdhana one makes him/herself a vessel for descent of Shiva's grace. ShaktipAta need not be something intense, it may not be felt by normal consciousness (and it verily has little or nothing to do with body related effects – which is for instance noted in Shatsahasra-samhita). However we may assume that sudden and spontaneous elevated states of consciousness may be indirect signs of shaktipAta.
My Guru said that if Kaula ritual doesn't evoke Ananda, it isn't done properly (and descent of grace hasn't occured).

yajvan
08 October 2007, 06:29 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

According to Shaiva doctrine, shakti-[ni]pAta is the cause of any kind of spiritual siddhi including moksha. By means of sAdhana one makes him/herself a vessel for descent of Shiva's grace. ShaktipAta need not be something intense, it may not be felt by normal consciousness (and it verily has little or nothing to do with body related effects – which is for instance noted in Shatsahasra-samhita). However we may assume that sudden and spontaneous elevated states of consciousness may be indirect signs of shaktipAta. My Guru said that if Kaula ritual doesn't evoke Ananda, it isn't done properly (and descent of grace hasn't occured).

Namaste Ajuna,
Thank you for your note... yes, I had the fortune to access this process/darshan/blessing some years back.
For me, it makes sense - that of passing the spark from one person to another. Yet I believe this passing can be done with and without touch from the guru that is in full blossom of consciousness.

Some have mentioned a change in consciousness on the spot, others not.
I have talked with some that had this offering done 3 times... They are looking for that instant experience. Who am I to judge?http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

thanks for the insights and passing the info from your guru-ji.
pranams,

yajvan
09 October 2007, 09:41 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

According to Shaiva doctrine, shakti-[ni]pAta is the cause of any kind of spiritual siddhi including moksha. By means of sAdhana one makes him/herself a vessel for descent of Shiva's grace. ShaktipAta need not be something intense, it may not be felt by normal consciousness (and it verily has little or nothing to do with body related effects – which is for instance noted in Shatsahasra-samhita). However we may assume that sudden and spontaneous elevated states of consciousness may be indirect signs of shaktipAta.
My Guru said that if Kaula ritual doesn't evoke Ananda, it isn't done properly (and descent of grace hasn't occured).

Namaste,

I thought to add to this... as shakti-put ( Shatipat, or saktipat) has 3 flavors of this grace - intense, medium and gentle.

Intense called tivrativa saktipat is to invoke and distill immediate liberation. You must assume that the guru sees that the sadhu is ready, and allows this level of energy-trsansmission to be offered.
Medium or tivramadhya saktipat - they say this level makes the sadhu a self born guru such as Jnanervar also called Sri Jnanadev. A very young realized eing that was only here a short time. I think he pass on in his 20's, yet left us with some excellent works e.g. Bhavartha Dipika ( his commentary on the Bhagavad Gita)
Gental or tivrananada saktipat - this also instills the desire for the sadguru in the sadhu.More can be read on this in Malini Vijaya Tantra - as I am looking for a good copy of this.

If one has the opportunity to experience this diksha it is worth ones effort.

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/images/mantra_images/M11.gif
Om Sri Hanumate Namah

pranams,

Arjuna
09 October 2007, 03:50 PM
To Yajvan:

I assume these must be tIvra, madhya and manda. And each of these, as i remember, has again three subdivisions.

(And the proper spelling is shaktipAta or shaktipat, but never "shaktiput.")

Eastern Mind
09 October 2007, 03:57 PM
Thank you to all those brave souls who were willing to share your experiences at least to some degree. I have a bit of a different take. I believe the sharing process is not necessarily wise. I think it diminishes the experience, especially when done on a public forum. With close friends, the guru, sure that's a different matter. "Sacred is secret, secret is sacred" . And of course there's this 'ego' thing. "Oh look at me, I had this wonderful blissful experience that was just overwhelming." Well, most people are more careful than to word it that way. I recall my guru saying "I'm not interested in how high you can go. I'm interested in how low you can go." In other words, once you get to a certain place in consciousness, you are no longer able to get to the lower states of mind. Your own setting up of a solid base just prevents that from happening. This is commonly called by the wise 'unthinkable'. And I take that word quite literally. Just my thoughts. Aum Namsivaya

Znanna
09 October 2007, 05:57 PM
(snip) I recall my guru saying "I'm not interested in how high you can go. I'm interested in how low you can go." In other words, once you get to a certain place in consciousness, you are no longer able to get to the lower states of mind. Your own setting up of a solid base just prevents that from happening. This is commonly called by the wise 'unthinkable'. And I take that word quite literally. Just my thoughts. Aum Namsivaya

Namaste,

With all due respect, I suggest that differentiating between "lower" and "upper" state of mind is self-limiting ... ego-centric ... and that the "unthinkable" has no such referent as there is no particular point of view which would define such.

Please see my sig, below, also ;)

Love,
ZN

Eastern Mind
09 October 2007, 09:04 PM
Znanna : With all due respect back. Perhaps I was unclear. When I said 'unthinkable' it was in reference to reading a news story about genocide, torture, or some other atrocity, I might say ' that is just beyond me' meaning I (until reading about it) thought it truly wasn't a place in my mind that I had gone to before, and never would want to go to. I view awareness or consciousness as something that moves throughout the mind's various levels (i.e - chakras). I think there are 'lower' levels and 'higher' levels where consciousness resides. From the mountaintop perspective (not a place where I am currently dwelling) the mind is just the mind, (one mind at that) and your sign off quote is spot on in that. (At least that is my understanding) Obviously, a murderer in rage and a meditator in bliss are at different consciousnesses. I think perhaps its all in language (again), and some of your terms I may not fully comprehend. My own experiences in kundalini have occasionally taken me to places I really wasn't ready for. (karmicly or emotionally) But then again, these are just my subjective experiences, not yours. This could be an interesting discussion. Please continue. Aum Namasivaya

sm78
01 January 2008, 04:51 AM
From shakti_sadhana mailing list...a modern shaktipAta (simplest, cheapest and highest) ... o dear lord help us !

SHRI SHRIGURAVE NAMAHA

Param Pujya Shri Narayankaka Dhekane Maharaj would like to invite
everyone on this earth to participate in a Global Introductory Trial of Mahayoga Shaktipat (Siddhayoga) for the uplift of all humankind. This will be held on February 10th, 2008, from 6:11 am to
6:32 am local time. Those interested can participate during that time
from the privacy of their own homes. All are eligible to
participate in this trial regardless of religion, race, sex, age, caste or creed.

Here's how to participate:

* At the designated time (February 10th, 2008 from 6:11 am to 6:32 am
local time) sit comfortably with your eyes closed in a quiet location in your home. Instantly observe a wave of energy along your spinal column.

* Relax your body completely in order to minimize the awareness of
your body.

* Let your mind observe your involuntary breathing.

* Observe your experiences during the designated time interval and
please report them by e-mail to P. P. Narayankaka Maharaj at
(mahayoga_kaka@ yahoo.com (http://in.f941.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=mahayoga_kaka&#37;40yahoo.com) <mailto:mahayoga_ kaka 'at' yahoo.com> ).

More details of Mahayoga (Siddhayoga) can be found at
http://www.kundalin ishaktipatayoga. net/ (http://www.kundalinishaktipatayoga.net/) . Direct any questions to
dilipdilip2003@ yahoo.com (http://in.f941.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=dilipdilip2003%40yahoo.com) ( dilipdilip2003 'at' yahoo.com ).