PDA

View Full Version : Verse number?

Eternal Law
03 April 2006, 11:07 AM
If possible, please share with me the name of scripture which includes this verse and also verse number.

PRAJAPATHI VAI AGRE ASSET;-----
[In the beginning was Prajapathi-the Brahman-the GOD]
TASYA VAI DVITIYA ASEET------
[ with whom was the word]
VAG VAI PARAMA BRAHMAN-----
[and the word was verily the supreme Brahman-the God]

satay
03 April 2006, 12:41 PM
This comes from Rig Veda but I am not sure of the verse numbers and mandala...still looking...

sarabhanga
03 April 2006, 06:56 PM
Namaste,

It comes from the Kathaka recension of Krishna Yajur-Veda ~ Kathaka Brahmana, XII: 5. :)

satay
03 April 2006, 09:11 PM
Namaste,

It comes from the Kathaka recension of Krishna Yajur-Veda ~ Kathaka Brahmana, XII: 5. :)

No wonder I couldn't find it in the Rig. I was sure I had seen it there.
:)

satay

sarabhanga
03 April 2006, 09:38 PM
The Kathaka Brahmana is rarely found, and I have not seen the text.

I understand, however, that the correct wording is as follows:

prajApatir vai idaM AsIt tasya vAg dvitIya AsIt vAg vai paramaM brahma

satay
03 April 2006, 11:42 PM
Okay thanks,

I think the OP got these from a book called "Am I Hindu?" becuase the author makes a comment about a verse in bible being the same as this in meaning.

OP?
satay

Singhi Kaya
04 April 2006, 04:19 AM
Yes there is a very similar (almost a copy) verse in the Bible:-
"In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God" (John 1:1).

businessmen in dharma samanaya have used it time and again to sell the idea of sarba dharma samanaya. :rolleyes:

sarabhanga
05 April 2006, 08:22 PM
Namaste,

Various translations are possible, although the meaning is something like:

“Prajapati is truly abiding (eternal), and his companion Vac is also truly abiding (eternal), and so Vac surely is the supreme Brahman.”

“Brahman is Aja, and Atman is Aja ~ in truth, Atman is Paramatman.”

The “biblical” translation given by others is not incorrect, but it is rather a forced rendering that was intended to draw out its similarity with English translations of an equivalent line in the Turya (fourth) Gospel.

And now for some reasoned speculation:

The Turya Gospel was composed by John, and remember that John is the name of Jesus Christ’s own Guru.

John = Jove = Jupiter = Guru

From Jove we have Jew and Jehovah or YhVh.

Yh and Vh (or Wh) are equivalent with Ya and Ma.

Ma-Ya is the reflexion of Ya-Ma; and Ya-Va is the reflexion of Va-Ya (cf. Vayu).

The Guru of Maya is Yama, and vice versa. And the Guru of Vayu is Yuva (cf. Yuhvah or Jehovah), and vice versa.

The unseen God of the Abrahamic religions is most nearly equated with the Air itself, and Its existence is only revealed by the Wind.