PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Indian Catholic Church

sm78
10 October 2011, 11:17 AM
A couple of years ago, Sister Jesmi, a nun who retired as professor in a women’s college in Kerala left the Catholic Church and wrote the book “Amen: Autobiography of a Nun” which exposed the life of Christian Priests and Nuns.

Recently father K P Shibu after serving as priest in Vincentian Congregation of the Catholic Church for 24 years quit the Church and wrote the revealing book ‘The Heart of a Priest’ (Oru Vaidikante Hrudayamitha) exposing the inner secrets of life in a monastery. In his book, he reveals that sexual perversion and lust for power and money are rampant among the clergy. The hunger for power and money makes them corrupt, cunning and cut throat.

The book claims that 60% of priests had had illicit sexual relationships and instead of showering compassion and love, the messengers of God unhesitatingly take advantage of the poverty and helplessness of women, orphaned children and shamelessly abuse them.

He uncovered that all sorts of sexual perversion, including homosexuality and watching blue films, is taking place among the priests and nuns, who are supposed to be celibates. Most of the confessions made by priests and nuns relate to their sexual perversions. The book narrates incidents of priest students abusing children to gratify their pleasure.
The open confessions made by former members of the clergy about priest-sainthood life have become heated topics for discussion among the different factions of the Catholic Church. Sri K P Shibu spoke at length to Pradeep Krishnan in an exclusive interview:

The interview can be read here:-

http://www.haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx?PageID=14699&SKIN=C

sm78
10 October 2011, 11:22 AM
I have read the book by the Nun Jeshmi - although poorly written (or translated?), such books are interesting read of enemy insides. Christianity in Indian context may have same theological basis as Christianity anywhere - but nonetheless a different beast.

Ofcourse there will be no arrests, no negative media coverage, no investigation etc - for these dudes are not Hindu baba's though are greater frauds in a much more organized and menacing fashion.

Eastern Mind
10 October 2011, 11:45 AM
Vannakkam sm: This sounds so much like the scandals here in Canada over residential schools. The healing started in seriousness about 20 years back. There were official apologies but no real serious help in repentance. All the real hard work in healing came from the aboriginals themselves. I do believe that eventually (maybe in 20 years) more legal and important stuff will come out. It seems that on a lot of this stuff, India is about 20 years behind what happens in the west. I believe (but have no proof) that the Catholic clergy in Latin America is still getting away with similar abuse.

What it might take is a few good lawyers to be on the side of the victims. A joint victims (class action) lawsuit will draw some attention.

Aum Namasivaya

Adhvagat
10 October 2011, 02:04 PM
The Catholic Church is bankrupt (not financially, pitifully), I hope to see its death still in my lifetime.

Ramakrishna
10 October 2011, 10:57 PM
Namaste,

The Catholic Church is bankrupt (not financially, pitifully), I hope to see its death still in my lifetime.

Ditto...this is very sickening. Once religion is institutionalized in a manner like Catholicism, especially in such a hierarchical and authoritarian fashion, things like this will happen.

Jai Sri Ram

OM GUY
16 October 2011, 01:19 PM
A couple of years ago, Sister Jesmi, a nun who retired as professor in a women’s college in Kerala left the Catholic Church and wrote the book “Amen: Autobiography of a Nun” which exposed the life of Christian Priests and Nuns.

Recently father K P Shibu after serving as priest in Vincentian Congregation of the Catholic Church for 24 years quit the Church and wrote the revealing book ‘The Heart of a Priest’ (Oru Vaidikante Hrudayamitha) exposing the inner secrets of life in a monastery. In his book, he reveals that sexual perversion and lust for power and money are rampant among the clergy. The hunger for power and money makes them corrupt, cunning and cut throat.

The book claims that 60% of priests had had illicit sexual relationships and instead of showering compassion and love, the messengers of God unhesitatingly take advantage of the poverty and helplessness of women, orphaned children and shamelessly abuse them.

He uncovered that all sorts of sexual perversion, including homosexuality and watching blue films, is taking place among the priests and nuns, who are supposed to be celibates. Most of the confessions made by priests and nuns relate to their sexual perversions. The book narrates incidents of priest students abusing children to gratify their pleasure.
The open confessions made by former members of the clergy about priest-sainthood life have become heated topics for discussion among the different factions of the Catholic Church. Sri K P Shibu spoke at length to Pradeep Krishnan in an exclusive interview:

The interview can be read here:-

http://www.haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx?PageID=14699&SKIN=C

Are you saying that homosexuality is a perversion here?

Adhvagat
17 October 2011, 12:32 AM
If one considers perversion as:

tr.v. per·vert·ed, per·vert·ing, per·verts
1. To cause to turn away from what is right.

And he also considers sex for reproduction as the natural order, then a homossexual orientation would be a perversion. Notice that this statement carries no moral judgement per se.

I personally think human sexuality is quite complex, a lot more than it should be, specially in the oversexualized west. In the west sexuality becomes a scape goat for every psychological imbalance, libido doesn't rise much above the first chakras. In this scenario, not just a sexuality that deviates from a natural bio-societal order would be a perversion, but every person's sexuality instead.

sm78
17 October 2011, 02:03 AM
Are you saying that homosexuality is a perversion here?

No. I have only pasted the intro from the link itself. Personally I don't believe in the concept of perversion at all - it is for moralists.

sm78
17 October 2011, 02:10 AM
libido doesn't rise much above the first chakras. In this scenario, not just a sexuality that deviates from a natural bio-societal order would be a perversion, but every person's sexuality instead.

This is incorrect - unnatural over exercise or denial of libido results in psychosomatic abnormalities which are represented in the 2nd chakra.

It is not correct to say sex (natural and healthy) doesn't rise beyond first chakras. Actually the first chakra is the greatest bestow er of freedom and bliss - might sound strange to those who measure spiritual height in centimeters from ground, but the qualities or the 4 powers of muladhara are a clear hint (veerananda, sahajananda, jnanananda, paramananda are 4 experiences in the 4 petals of muladhara).

Adhvagat
17 October 2011, 03:06 AM
It's not about a chakra being higher than the other, but about energy flow.

A life centered on sexuality will only (or mostly - in detriment of developing the others, to put it more correctly) use that center of consciousness and that's it.

And swadhisthana would fall into my category of "first chakras". ;)

Just to make myself clear, when I say libido I actually mean the primordial drive of psychic energy as a whole.

OM GUY
18 October 2011, 01:52 AM
No. I have only pasted the intro from the link itself. Personally I don't believe in the concept of perversion at all - it is for moralists.

While I believe that there are degrees of perversions, there are perversions in many camps, none more so than the heterosexual camp, but that is my opinion.