PDA

View Full Version : The Business of Child Sacrifice in Uganda

R Gitananda
12 October 2011, 12:48 AM
A BBC investigation has discovered that many cases of child sacrifice in Uganda are not being followed up by the police and little is being done to protect potential victims.

According to a major report released by the charity Jubilee Campaign, around 900 Ugandan children have fallen victim to the practice.

The ritual, which some believe brings wealth and good health, was almost unheard of in the country until around three years ago, but it has re-emerged, seemingly alongside a boom in the country's economy.

As Chris Rogers reports, the villages and farming communities that surround Uganda's capital, Kampala, are gripped by fear.

video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15267792

article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15255357

Adhvagat
12 October 2011, 06:15 AM
Anything regarding the killing of a child is endowed with a heavy dark atmosphere, when someone starts investigating they are threatened and back off.

I know that child kidnappings for organ trafficking is common in the poorer parts of Brazil, the Federal Police knows it, yet, nothing is done to the extent that it should, there are moles even inside official institutions, maybe because it's profitable.

We can be sure that if there's a bright place in this world that is hard to reach there's also a dark place that is hard to reach.

R Gitananda
12 October 2011, 04:03 PM
I agree. Whereas in Brazil the problem is apparently corruption, in Uganda it may be a combination of corruption and fear of the 'witch doctor' (I listened to an extended interview with a police official on BBC Radio and even after being confronted with the videotaped evidence, the witch doctor was not arrested, and they have ignored all previous witness testimony - including the incredible child who survived a sacrifice). And of course if a child of someone who was not a member of "the torture-able class" was a victim, the response would be totally different.

Either way, when government officials become accessories to child murder, people will often see revolution as the only recourse. In Africa the revolutionary ideology might be Islamic, although I am uninformed as to how much traction (if any) Maoists may have on that continent. Once revolutionary forces start to act, then powers like the United States may consider it 'a problem'.

Anything regarding the killing of a child is endowed with a heavy dark atmosphere, when someone starts investigating they are threatened and back off.

I know that child kidnappings for organ trafficking is common in the poorer parts of Brazil, the Federal Police knows it, yet, nothing is done to the extent that it should, there are moles even inside official institutions, maybe because it's profitable.

We can be sure that if there's a bright place in this world that is hard to reach there's also a dark place that is hard to reach.

Eastern Mind
12 October 2011, 04:47 PM
Vannakkam: Amazing. When will this kali yuga end?

Aum Namasivaya

R Gitananda
13 October 2011, 02:33 AM
Vannakkam: The sooner the better! However if Sri Kalki has to advent early there will be a big slaughter.

Aum Shanti

Vannakkam: Amazing. When will this kali yuga end?

Aum Namasivaya