PDA

View Full Version : Agni Dev

AmIHindu
15 October 2011, 03:28 PM
Namaste,

We have Agni Dev, but I know nothing about Him. If you devotees have some more knowledge about Agni devta please share with me. If we have any sloka dedicated to Agni dev, please share with me.

yajvan
15 October 2011, 04:20 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

If we look to the great ṛṣi śunaḥṣepaḥ ājīgartiḥ and his hymn 1.24.1 and 1.24.2 of the ṛg ved he asks,

' Being in doubt I ask, among the immortals (amṛta - immortal, imperishable) which deva/deity with an auspicious name shall we call? Who is that God who will restore us to the mighty aditi (the Infinite, wholeness, fullness) so I may behold again the father and the mother ( i.e. spiritual parents) '

For more on this subject of agni , the HDF post may be of interest:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34449&postcount=1

praṇām

murugan
18 October 2011, 05:55 AM
Agni Dev acts as a bridge between this ordinary world and the Gods. Symbolically the lamp is lit and kept in the houses.

This is a prayer addressed to the lamp (deepa):
Slogan

Shubham karothi kalyanam, aarogyam, dhana sampadam,
Shathru budhi vruddhi vinasaya deepa jyothi namo nama.
English Translation

Salutations and salutations,
To the holy flame of the lamp,
Which bestows on me all that is good,
Health as well as wealth,
And destroys all my enemies.

PARAM
21 October 2011, 01:12 PM
Agni is very important deity which is responsible for yajnas. Wife of Agnidev is Swaha, we chant swaha while offering anything to Agni. Without swaha agnidev do not accept any offering and all offering will burn without offering.

murugan
27 October 2011, 05:05 AM
Agni is very important deity which is responsible for yajnas. Wife of Agnidev is Swaha, we chant swaha while offering anything to Agni. Without swaha agnidev do not accept any offering and all offering will burn without offering.

Nice Information. Thanks buddy:)