PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty directing energy?

Spiritualseeker
19 October 2011, 05:51 PM
Namaste,

So I seem to have difficulties when I work with my energy. To start I can usually feel my hands and feet and maybe awareness of the energy in my legs. But for some reason I cannot feel the entire energy in my body nor am I able to move energy in a certain direction. I am not sure what I am lacking, I think perhaps it may be my difficulties with 'concentration'. In meditation if I just watch wherever awareness touches on, I can settle in my practice, but when it comes to focusing on one object I think my mind is untrained. Does anyone know of remedies for feeling energy etc..?

Om Namah Shivaya

Eastern Mind
19 October 2011, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know of remedies for feeling energy etc..?

Om Namah Shivaya

Vannakkam SS: Practice. (Try sitting perfectly still. I mean perfect ... only lungs and heart are moving at all) Then shift a particular finger just the tiniest bit, incredibly subtle. That's a start. (Or so I've been told.) When you can master holding awareness on that nerve in that finger, then slowly expand on it.

Aum Namasivaya

c.smith
19 October 2011, 06:25 PM
Hari Om!

Have been told and use in my own practice some light yoga asanas followed by a few minutes of pranayama before the meditation/energy experience. In my own opinion, it seems to get the energy flowing throughout the entire system and helps relieve any blockages. I hope that this helps in some small way.

Spiritualseeker
19 October 2011, 06:30 PM
Namaste,

Thank you EM, I will try that. I notice that not moving at all is very important for subtler realms of concentrating within our body. I will have to try this.

c. Smith thank you, I just read also about pranayama and certain practices being important to do before this meditation to get the energy flowing well to where one can become aware of the subtleties. I will have to learn breathing practices to try.

Om Namah Shivaya

FutureHumanDestiny
31 December 2011, 04:55 PM
if you put your awareness on your solar plexus it will automatically direct energy there, raising it from your feet through your legs and into your torso, thereby amplifying your energy sensations and effects.

hope this helps.

-dale