PDA

View Full Version : Sad happenings in my neck of the woods

Friend from the West
20 October 2011, 08:35 PM
Namaste,
To all HDF family, the event from link below is tragic in a number of ways. This occured in Ohio about an hour and a half from where I am located in West Virginia. The zoo Director is world famous for promoting love for our brothers and sisters. The sheriff in story, I feel kinship with his brother who was lost in one of most strange circumstances in law enforcement history. Another unfortunate thing with story is one of the biggest and most proper places on Eastern Coast of whole United States to show people how our other half lives to show respect and love and appreciation for them is only a few miles away. It is called the Wilds. Always to my understanding animals are treated well. No need for anyone person to even attempt what the deceased person in story attempted. So much wrong with story.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/animals-loose-ohio-town-lockdown/story?id=14767017
Peace and prayers to all on this evening here.
FFTW.

wundermonk
21 October 2011, 06:56 AM
Yes...heard about this even in some Indian newspapers...Terrible story all around:(

Ramakrishna
21 October 2011, 11:52 AM
Namaste Rich,

I've been keeping up with this story in the news. Very sad and unfortunate indeed. People shouldn't be keeping "exotic animals" in the first place, although Ohio has very very lax laws in this regard. Hopefully it will be changed now.

Jai Sri Ram

satay
21 October 2011, 01:10 PM
namaste,
This is a sad story all around. sigh.

Jainarayan
21 October 2011, 02:21 PM
We had a similar situation in NJ some years back, though not on this scale. The similarity is only in keeping wild animals on private property, without sufficient safeguards and controls. This is all too common across the US.

A woman in Jackson Twp. was keeping tigers on her property, very near Six Flags Great Adventure, which has a safari park. A tiger escaped and terrorized the surrounding area. The woman vehemently denied it was her tiger, claiming it belonged to Six Flags. However, Six Flags gave a full account of its tiger population.

Needless to say, it was her tiger, and we know what happened to the tiger. :(

c.smith
21 October 2011, 04:09 PM
Hari Om!

My question is - What could possibly bring a person to do something like this in the first place? And how about from a dharmic point of view? While I've never understood what makes some people "tick", this is totally beyond my comprehension.