PDA

View Full Version : **Knock Knock** Check me out...I'm a newbie!

Shakti
08 January 2007, 08:51 AM
Yoo Hoo! **waves vigorously**

Namaste kind folks. My real name is Hema (username - Shakti). Akshar told me about this forum so I just HAD to come and snoop around. I live in Trinidad which is in the Caribbean. I am of East Indian descent. In the days of colonialism, my ancestors were brought from India as Indentured Labourers to work on the sugar cane plantations. There are many Indians in Trinidad and many Hindus.

I believe in the concept of God being both formless and formed. God is formless because he/she is Spirit but also formed because all of creation is part of God. I mainly worship God as a Spirit form but I have a special place in my heart for Hanumanji, he is like my big brother. I am also vegetarian...I believe in Ahimsa but at the same time, I believe that as Hindus we must defend Dharma and we must stand up when we have to. (I know Akshar is passionate about this topic). I believe in the saying, "Protect Dharma and Dharma will protect you."

I look forward to corresponding with you guys soon. I actually registered a few weeks ago but I was away for a short while so I'm now getting around to introducing myself.

Have a great day and remember to smile alot!

Sudarshan
08 January 2007, 09:05 AM
Hey, welcome.

wow, you feel Hanumanji to be your big brother. Amazing. You must do the Rama mantra so that he can become manifest too.:)

Very Interesting post.:D

I also know one Sarasvati Devi who lived in Trinidad. ( guess she moved to Florida). Have not seen her online for a long time. You know her?

Shakti
08 January 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey, welcome.

wow, you feel Hanumanji to be your big brother. Amazing. You must do the Rama mantra so that he can become manifest too.:)

Very Interesting post.:D

I also know one Sarasvati Devi who lived in Trinidad. ( guess she moved to Florida). Have not seen her online for a long time. You know her?

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry but I don't know any Sarasvati Devi. Is that her real name?

Oh yes, I love Rama Bhajans. I love the Ram Stuti. Thanks again for your kind welcome. **hugs for you**