PDA

View Full Version : Why you love Lord Ganesh ?

shian
24 October 2011, 04:46 AM
http://www.jivanjili.org/images/New5/tilak%20Ganesh-350.jpg

Vanakkam,

I put here this thread, not only in Shaivaism, because all of great sect in Hinduism is love Lord Ganesh
I love Him because from His form i see and feel serene, solemnity, loving kindess, almighty, He is very close with everyone.... i see this all in first sight.
See Him, i never feel that i am not Indian, never feel He will reject me, He is very friendly to all.

I love Him :)

how about you ? i want to hear it, from your heart (off course maybe many things we cant describe with language, but no problem, its only to share)

Eastern Mind
24 October 2011, 07:31 AM
Vannakkam Shian: Yes, I love Lord Ganesha for all the same reasons you do. He's friendly, easy to contact, incredibly loving, patient. He is like the best set of parents imaginable. Not only that, but these days He seems to be just about everywhere. I love that there are so many temples for Him now. Here in North America he's the main deity in these temples, and more: Phoenix, Edmonton, Nashville, Omaha, Queens, Salt Lake City.

And like you say, He's common to all sects. So He is sort of a unifying force for all of us.
Aum Sri Ganesha!

Spiritualseeker
24 October 2011, 08:00 AM
Namaste,

I love Lord Ganesha, because he does not judge me and He is the Protector of the Dharma.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JLp2Li7OA0A/TIn3TLLQvLI/AAAAAAAAApM/O3x6HqrB2mI/s1600/Ganesha+Images.jpg

Om Namah Shivaya

Mana
24 October 2011, 11:57 AM
Namaste shian, all,

Thank you for bringing my thoughts to him.

I love Lord Ganesh for his love, his wisdom and his subtlety; it is with this that he clears the way so eloquently, it would seem that his work is done even before he starts, he just patiently waits for us to catch up; such is the wisdom of his love.

I wonder in amazement and awe...

Every thing I do is both for and in the light of his love.

Some times I wonder; might we need to pass a life on this earth as an elephant to better know our own nature, they seem to me to be so very wise.

praNAma

mana

shian
26 October 2011, 08:33 PM
Vankkam all,

i love it all (your sharing) :)

and i happy to hear that :)

very special and wonderful relation with Lord of Universe :)

He is Maha-prajna, that is why He can lead peoples (in any background) to the right path, Lord have so many effort of skilled way to save us from this ocean birth and dead, only narrow minded peoples who shrink the god by saying He had only one way and dont care for peoples who cant receive one worldly tradition.

Lord Ganesh is very amazing :)

i hope i can hear more love toward Our Beloved Lord Ganesh :)

now i feel He smiled see me type this, i feel He smiled when i read your sharing and He was happy, He is very easy to be pleased with sincerity devotion.

shian
27 October 2011, 03:13 AM
Vanakkam all,

My friend (who devotee to Lord Ganesh) just share her experience :

she is chinesse woman,

In few months ago, she started to chant Lord Ganesh Mantra intensive

i tell her, after she reach 1,000,000 times of chanting, Lord Ganesh must give her darshan and response or spiritual sign.

Well on the way to 1,000,000 she many times receive the grace of Lord Ganesh in daily life

But after done the 1,000,000 no any sign appear

but she not complaint me and she just chanting because she really love Lord Ganesh.

One night, she dream

she dream in about her childhood house, there is she, her mother and her children there.

And neighbour house fire

she chant Lord Ganesh mantra need Lord Ganesh help them (affraid because fire is go to her house)

Then Lord Ganesh appear in sky, is Rakta Ganesh (Red Ganesh) and He have red radiant light, sky become full of red light

then the surrounding area become a sea, then her house like a boat can move to the coast, then they are save.

now she still chant Lord Ganesh mantra everyday.

I find many peoples love Lord Ganesh :)

Lord Ganesh bless me, He make me feel joyfull everyday (whatever happened, is i get the fruit of bad karma or good karma, i always feel joy), He bless me there i have good relation with so many peoples , He have form with elephant head and He dont care if person laughing Him, He teach us to still work for others happines no mater maybe others is laughing you. Whatever happened, we joy because we Have know and in one heart with Lord.

let become devotee of Lord Ganesh

I love it , Ganesh Gita , check it :
http://home.nctv.com/omganesh/ggita.html

Love this pic, very friendly :)

http://amitkulkarni.info/pics/ganesha-pictures/ganesha-images/beautiful-white-ganesha-statue.JPG

shian
27 October 2011, 03:57 AM
Om Ganapatiye Svaha

i wish someday, i can joined Ganesh Chaturthi in India, i can visited Ganesh Astavinayak temple or any Ganesh celebration in India...
i wish someday i can make modaka and can offer modaka to beloved Lord Ganesh, i wish someday can built Ganesh shrine with big Ganesh rupang in my house and decorate it with many gems and flower (acctually we can build in our mind, manasa puja, Ganesh will receive it, because controlled mind to build it in mind is more difficult than use money to build it)

Lord Ganesh already hear my prayer, He will give me the best about this wish ;)

Eastern Mind
27 October 2011, 07:27 AM
Vannakkam shian: I am enjoying all the stories. In India there are roadside shrines to Ganesha all over the place. For example, at the hotel in Madurai where I stayed the first time, I discovered one of these shrines (uncovered, which is a bit unusual) just across the busy road. So I would make my way across that road every morning for a visit.

Then, on the second trip, I discovered one (covered) just a bit down from the hotel, closer than the first one, and not having to cross the road. So that was really nice. So it seemed to me that he was helping me out by making it so I didn't have to cross the road. (This is a main highway ... only those who've been to Mother India get this really well.) He even garnered a couple of garlands out of me for all the protection. I think we stayed there 6 nights or so.

I am not sure where you are or political geographical conditions are there, but maybe you have a friend who owns land on a road, and could set up a roadside shrine. That's how many temples start out.

Aum Namasivaya

smaranam
27 October 2011, 08:56 AM
Namaste

I love Shri GaNesh because... He has always been there in the material world.

I love Ganpati Bappa because He is cute, loves (demands) modak, gives lots of modaks and peDHA-modaks, brings people together in a crazy union for 5-10 days, with GaNesh in the centre, people put up there creativity on stage - in the form of plays, dances, cultural folk classical, music.
He makes people come together as a community (thank you Lokmanya Tilak) and literally cry when He leaves. Thus He inspires commaradie, spirit, creativity, management, harmony, .... right from childhood. This is the case in Maharashtra at least.

At one point I could see Him anytime eyes closed. It was also common to see a humungous GaNapati touching the sky, and a pleasure to visualize the same any time. Then from a stotra booklet He pointed (literally with His finger) to an abridged grantha (scripture) on Dattatreya, and opened the avenue or door.

Thus Shri GaNesh was there with assurance when the real surface of the spiritual world had not yet been scratched, and worked as one gateway - and He does that for many many people.

I love Him because He dances in frenzy along with Shiva seeing leelas of KRshNa with the gopas and gopis. GaNesh adores KRshNa just as Shiva does.

When GaNarAj dances, nArad plays viNA, tumbaru accompanies, Saraswati plays vINA, engrossed, BrahmA automatically keeps the beat (taal), and proud parents Gauri-SadAshiva look on with wonder.

I love Him because He manifests in absolutely anything to uplift people from the mundane material and boost their faith. Tree-trunk (a village in India), inside pulp of a coconut prasAd, rocks (people find and keep them)...

A few months ago, He came to my house in the form of a carrot ! I opened the bag to wash the carrots. There He was - His eye, and trunk so distinctly curved, the broader tap-root side His head. After almost 5 months He is right there on the alter, albeit a bit shrunk and dried.

I love Ganpati Bappa for many other reasons ...
- because He became VedaVyas's scribe (and added the condition that He will write only if the dictation is non-stop - implying - straight from the heart/Self - satya.
- because He cleverly made a pradakshiNA around the parents when asked to walk around the world, saying "my mAtA-pitA ARE the world",
- because as a child-GaNEsh He mentored little brother kArtikeya...

Om gam gaNapataye namah:

smaranam
27 October 2011, 09:26 AM
Namaste

Some times I wonder; might we need to pass a life on this earth as an elephant to better know our own nature, they seem to me to be so very wise.

Well, GaNesh is not an elephant. Although the elephant head is many times looked at as a symbol of wisdom - and this is what you meant.

The original human-like head represents ahat nAd (sound from a material cause ?) and Shiva "deconstructed it", so that GaNesh then had [to adopt] the elephant head, which represents anahat nAd (unstruc sound - transcendental, from the paramAtmA - OMkaar).

praNAm

shian
27 October 2011, 12:01 PM
Vanakkam , Eastern mind and smaranam,
All of your experience and explanation about Lord Ganesh is amazing, i love to hear that and know that is true, Lord Ganesh always give us respons and fruit for devotee.

Im forget one phenomena on my friend dream, when she see Lord Ganesh appear in sky, there is have many OM kara surrounding Lord Ganesh. And i see, she and her husband (her husband is chatolic) become full of joy, always can see the beautiful and joyfull life in Lord Ganesh, no matter whatever is happened.

We can feel it that Lord Ganesh have special blessings for our mind

I really love read your sharing, all of love sharing will improve the power to absorb the blessing of Lord Ganesh. Read His sport in everyone life is like receive His blessings

shian
01 November 2011, 02:25 AM
Jai Ganapati Bappa

Vanakkam all,

Please teach me

1. why Lord Ganesh is specially recognize as Lord of Intelligence , smart and wisdom ?
2. Is Lord Ganesh also known as Lord of art (like Mother Saraswati) ?
3. in India or Hindu daily life, what is the application that ? (That Ganesh is invoked to get intellegence , smart and wisdom)

Thank you :)

deepode
12 November 2011, 04:32 AM
They self are cause.

Rudy
13 November 2011, 04:59 PM
I've never had my prayers answered before in any way, but Ganesh did. I always thought it was positive thinking or something, but useless, not so. It may have been in small and subtle ways, but they were answered. He is guiding my mind back to theism.

I look forward to expanding my relationship with Ganesh.

shian
13 November 2011, 07:27 PM
Thank you for your sharing Rudy,

here, we will pray for each other. And now let all members who read this , will give a little time to said : "Namo Arya Ganapati Maha-deva-rajaya, we pray for Rudy, always with Your love forever."
Then we also give a little time to said :
"Namo Arya Ganapati Maha-deva-rajaya, Dear Lord, we pray for all of HDF member, let all of HDF member live in Your love, and they get the amazing respons from You, let they are deeply know You, love You, then attain union with You. Love You my Lord Ganesh, Svaha"

Then, all brother and sister, please post here for all of websites who you fell give you amazing teaching of Lord Ganesh (phylosophy etc), please share it.

Thank you, love you all

shian
17 November 2011, 03:38 AM
This is online book
for the other page is simply click next or last

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/lg/lg_ch-13.html

I suddenly have the desire
after go home (from office)

i want to doing puja to Him and chant His mantra for many many times .

i Love Lord Ganesh, He bless me with joyfull everyday and opened my heart to see this world in different point .

Eastern Mind
17 November 2011, 08:01 AM
Vannakkam: Sometimes I forget to remember how incredibly lucky I am. Here in Edmonton, a Hindu desert basically, and my temple is one for Him, Pillaiyar.

It's not that I don't love the Murugan temples, or the great Siva temples elsewhere on the planet, but somehow Pillaiyar is more suited to working with family life. I can go there any day of the week, morning or evening, but for worship I usually only go once a week, occasionally more often for festivals.

We have a devotee here from Mumbai. He didn't know this temple existed, (Hindus aren't really advertisers) and used to go to one or two of the other temples. But being from Mumbai, he's a Ganesha bhaktar first and foremost. So he was driving by one day, and just noticed it. (You can't tell its a Ganesha temple from the outside.) The next day he and his wife returned. That was about 5 years back. Right away he decided to sponsor a homa on a particular nakshatra once a month. And every month since. My wife and I often attend. Last time was the first time we (my wife actually) talked to him about it, and learned the story.

Another man from Quebec, who has been to India goes 2 or 3 times a week. He's been to India three times and is very aware of 'energy' or shakti as that's all he talks about. His English is quite broken, but you should hear the superlatives he has about this temple.

Me ... ? I take it for granted. Way too much. This morning I have to go drive the snow blower, clean the parking lot ... it's -13 and feels much colder due to wind. But I shall enjoy every minute of it, service to a King.

Thank you Shian, for starting this thread.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
17 November 2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you Eastern Mind

so sweet relation with God

may Lord Ganesh always guide us

and His wisdom always shining on us , let we are have wide mind like akasha and always joy everyday, fill our heart with maitri-karuna of Lord Ganesh.

shian
17 November 2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/art/1008gallery/source/image/murugan_13_bala_ganesha.jpg

look at this pic, so sweet

and one more, i always smile when see Lord Ganesh with His vahana , tiny mouse ... so cute, he always hold modaka or homage to Lord Ganesh , Lord Ganesh look very big, and he so small ... hahahaha

Daniellasaur
18 November 2011, 03:48 PM
Lord Ganesh is so patient, loving and kind. He has a great sense of humor and only thinks the best of us even when we mess up. I find him so gentle.. When I am sad I will go to Lord Ganesh and he will comfort me and make me laugh. That is what I love about Him! And he loves even the littlest creatures.

shian
18 November 2011, 08:44 PM
Lord Ganesh is so patient, loving and kind. He has a great sense of humor and only thinks the best of us even when we mess up. I find him so gentle.. When I am sad I will go to Lord Ganesh and he will comfort me and make me laugh. That is what I love about Him! And he loves even the littlest creatures.

Thank you Daniellasaur ji

very sweet relation with Lord Ganesh

i love all sharing about Lord Ganesh

thank you for your sincere heart to Lord Ganesh

so i can learn much

Eastern Mind
18 November 2011, 08:48 PM
Vannakkam Shian: My wife says to tell you she loves Lord Ganesha. She says that He envelopes her with this warm velvetyness.

- because He's always watching at her.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
19 November 2011, 12:07 AM
He envelopes her with this warm velvetyness.

Aum Namasivaya

Beautiful, Glory to Lord Ganesh

This is lovely and amazing way and activites of Lord Shiva to guide us to final liberation , the greatest joy

i love Lord Ganesh, more and more

bhajwin3
19 November 2011, 05:58 AM
Sabse pehle ganesh ji ko manava

shian
13 December 2011, 01:07 AM
Jai Ganesha

Mangalam Ganesha

sunyata07
26 February 2012, 01:22 PM
Namaste friends,

Late entry here from me, but I thought I might contribute my reasons for loving Sri Ganesha. Simply, He was the reason I found Sanatana Dharma and continues to be the reason I come back. I pray to other Devas, but it is always Lord Ganesha who comes to mind when I feel afraid, anxious or spiritually down. He's right there on the muladhara chakra, sitting there, always patient, always compassionate, always forgiving. I've never felt a negative vibe around beautiful Ganapati. His is always a positive, beautiful, cheerful, radiant aura which makes me light-hearted and almost like feeling like a child again.

http://theharekrishnamovement.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/1ganesh.gif

I am just moved to adoration and love whenever I behold Him. Jai Ganesha.

Om namah Shivaya

anirvan
27 February 2012, 12:08 AM
He has been my favourite since very childhood as when i started seeing and understanding world.I was a grt admirer of Lord Siva-parvaty with Ganesh on their laps.

But when I turned inti teenage and adult,I can love none other than SriKrishna and Maa kaali.
I dont know why and how i changed but even I hesitate to enterr any temple other than Krishna. Though I respect and understand Siva,ganesh etc,but my heart never feels to go.May lord Ganesh pardon me for my ignorance/arrogance.
But again seeking Lord in any form reaches to the one and only parambrahman.

shian
27 February 2012, 02:40 AM
But when I turned inti teenage and adult,I can love none other than SriKrishna and Maa kaali.

Thank you all, very beautiful devotion

Lord Ganesh will happy when you through deep devotion to Lord Krsna and Kali Maa, He show you the path to Lord Krsna and Maa Kali, He will always protect you and always come when you pray to Lord Krsna and Kali Maa.

shian
27 February 2012, 02:42 AM
Namaste friends,

loving Sri Ganesha. . .

Jai Ganesha.

Om namah Shivaya

Thank you for sharing Sunyata, very blessed life to know Him

sunyata07
27 February 2012, 01:47 PM
Namaste Anirvan,

I agree with Shian here. What could this be other than Sri Ganesha guiding you into the arms of your beloved Lord Krishna and Maa Kali? These are the ways in which you now behold God most fondly. It is by no means a slight to any other form, including that jovial little fellow Ganesha Himself! I think it's actually quite touching that you felt affinity for Ganesha as a child, and the fact that children everywhere appear to adore him so effortlessly speaks volumes.

Om namah Shivaya

Aakriti
28 February 2012, 01:57 AM
Vannakkam Shian: My wife says to tell you she loves Lord Ganesha. She says that He envelopes her with this warm velvetyness.

Aum Namasivaya

"Warm velvetyness" is a perfect way to express what I felt the very first time I saw Lord Ganesha, when I was three. Ever since then, he has had the most special place in my heart. :)

shian
07 March 2012, 01:46 AM
Jai Ganesha Deva !

When we back to meditate and remembering Lord Ganesha
there is different and special feelings
that heart fill of joy

Maybe
that is why, Lord Ganesh's Teachings is accepted by many sect and even other religious, or personal from other religion.

Because human need love , kindness , smile and warm,
all peoples from their deepest heart thirst for these,
and Bhagavan have create this amazing way to lead them , and His way never fail

Difficult to find other good words to describe His greatnes !

anirvan
07 March 2012, 06:05 AM
Namaste Anirvan,

I agree with Shian here. What could this be other than Sri Ganesha guiding you into the arms of your beloved Lord Krishna and Maa Kali? These are the ways in which you now behold God most fondly. It is by no means a slight to any other form, including that jovial little fellow Ganesha Himself! I think it's actually quite touching that you felt affinity for Ganesha as a child, and the fact that children everywhere appear to adore him so effortlessly speaks volumes.

Om namah Shivaya

Thanks Sunyata,

You are right.Formless takes form for his/her devotee out of love/affection.
I have realized to to some extent why this feelings happening. Its like possessiveness or that kind of thing.You must have felt some time the jealousy or such feelings when your close friend befriends with another person.

Path of devotion is little bit similar.The fear of losing my love for srikrisna if I go to other deity....is the cause of my hesitation to go to other temples.

Even I have got this support from my Gurudev.He said that being a devotee means you will become little bit fundamental,sectarian.But being fundamental,sectarian is the sign of your true love for your Chosen lord.
THIS IS CALLED ISTHA-NISTHA . in this stage one will feel his lord is greatest.and as long as you are not arguing or fighting with other sects,its good.

Jayagurudev

shian
07 March 2012, 08:23 AM
Singer : Uma Mohan

Shiva Shakti Kritam Ganadesha Stotram
(For the song you can search on youtube video , or google for mp3 format)

shrishaktishivavuchatuh | Namaste gananathaya gananam pataye namah | bhaktipriyaya devesha bhaktebhyah sukhadayaka || 1||
svanandavasine tubhyam siddhibuddhivaraya cha | nabhishesaya devaya dhundhirajaya te namah || 2||
varadabhayahastaya namah parashudharine | namaste srinihastaya nabhishesaya te namah || 3||
anamayaya sarvaya sarvapujyaya te namah | sagunaya namastubhyam brahmane nirgunaya cha || 4||
brahmabhyo brahmadatre cha gajanana namoastu te | adipujyaya jyeshthaya jyeshtharajaya te namah || 5||
matre pitre cha sarvesham herambaya namo namah | anadaye cha vighnesha vighnakartre namo namah || 6||
vighnahartre svabhaktanam lambodara namoastu te | tvadiyabhaktiyogena yogishah shantimagatah || 7||
kim stuvo yogarupam tam pranamavashca vighnapam | tena tushto bhava svaminnityukatva tam pranematuh || 8||
tavutthapya ganadhisha uvacha tau maheshvarau | shriganesha uvacha | bhavatkritamidam stotram mama bhaktivivardhanam || 9||
bhavishyati cha saukhyasya pathate shunvate pradam | bhuktimuktipradam caiva putrapautradikam tatha || 10||
dhanadhanyadikam sarvam labhate tena nishchitam | iti shivashaktikritam shriganadhishastotram samaptam ||

shian
27 March 2012, 01:59 AM
A short article from wikipedia, (But i wish i have the Purana) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha_Purana

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudgala_Purana

Purana is full of story etc, but please remeber the deep maning (esoteric) within, and they not separate from our self and universe.

shian
12 April 2012, 10:57 PM
Study of Lord Ganesh Names :

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...highlight=agra

realdemigod
13 April 2012, 04:54 AM
He is the cutest god :)

Vitani
13 April 2012, 08:49 AM
I love Sri Ganesh because He has helped me throughout different parts of my life. And He's cute :) He makes me very happy.

Purana
30 April 2012, 08:16 PM
I love him because he is my lord, my universe. The serene tranquillity that I have whenever I am meditating in his presence. The listening ear that he gave whenever I need someone to talk to. The spiritual calmness that he gave me whenever I am depressed.

Ohm Vakradundaya hum.

omjaiganesh
06 May 2012, 06:40 AM
I love God Ganesh because he is the lord of wisdom and knowledge. Before beginning any new task, Lord Ganesh's name is to be taken so that all the obstacles are removed from your path by his grace.

Here in Mumbai, India, we celebrate the Festival, Ganesh Chaturthi with great enthusiasm. Many Ganesh Mandals make beautiful Ganesh Murti's and also in many homes, Ganesh Idols are brought and worshipped.

shian
17 May 2012, 04:50 AM
Vanakkam,
From my heart, this feeling very strong, devotion to Lord Ganesh...

Please post the most special (for you) picture (or maybe murthi) of Lord Ganesh, and tell us why you feel love these picture or murthi.

Mana
17 May 2012, 05:44 AM
हरिः ओम्

Namaste shian,

I love lord Ganesh, because he never fails to remove what ever it is that hinders us on our paths,
I feel that he has probably aided in the construction of many a temples too.
He is capable of speech, speaking over distances of 10 miles or more with his family, friends and foe:
he has words for Hello, amongst other's; all infrasonic. Like us he also remembers
his beloved departed family; maybe it was he who taught us to do this?

But above all else, it is he who decides to help us!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7214648340_5fd90b9bed.jpg

I also have a hand carved wooden elephant on my bookcase,
but I don't have a photo to hand; he is my murthi of Lord Ganesh!

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Maya3
17 May 2012, 07:31 AM
I just had a dream about him last night.
His face was very close to mine. He looked more like a real Elephant than a typical murti.

Maya

Eastern Mind
17 May 2012, 07:39 AM
Vannakkam: I've never gotten this direct connection to elephants the way some others have. For me, Pillaiyar is a mystical real being, capable of communication through the ethers ... a helper, a guide, a friend, a big brother.

We are in the midst of preparations for the kumbabhishekam here, and right now Ganesha is out of His sanctum in a temporary shrine while renovations are happening. I really noticed his side profile the other day. Normally we're always looking straight on. This particular murthi has quite the side profile. A new look for sure.

Aum Namasivaya

shian
17 May 2012, 10:55 AM
Vanakkam Manna,

You wrote : "feel that he has probably aided in the construction of many a temples too"
Is this mean He help many peoples who build a temple ? I mean He remove the hindrance of the process of built temple ?

If that is what you mean,
I agree.
Because in fact, i know some temple have vision of Lord Ganesh, and Lord Ganesh tell them He will help them to build a temple ! This is real and the temples was succsessfully done !
He appear to many devotee and tell them He will become the Guardian who support the temple.

Lord Ganesh is God, one aspect of God and from Him we also can attain the perfect relation with God , that no difference between UNION with God and become God's devotee and doing God's activites, this three will done together without difference.

Why ?
See , that Bhagavan have great lilas to show us this :
Shiva is Vishnu devotee, Vishnu is Shiva devotee
Tri-murti also devotee of Shakti
Ganesh become the Son of Shiva and serve Shiva

This lilas is to teach us,
That God is also doing activites and very humble
He is great but He serve
He is the highest but He have pure devotion

ShivaFan
17 May 2012, 10:59 AM
I see Mana has a graphic of one of the elephants from Disneyland's Jungle Cruise Adventure ride!

Well, I hope I am not off subject, but below is the famous Cambodian style Ganesha from the very same Jungle Cruise Adventure Ride from Disneyland!

Enjoy and Jai Ganesha!

shian
17 May 2012, 11:07 AM
All pic is very cute :) i wish i can see more picture of Lord Ganesh
And i wish He come to bless me in my dream
Göö∂ ήi†é
Om Ganapatiye Svaha

Mana
17 May 2012, 12:45 PM
हरिः ओम्

Namaste shian,

Is this mean He help many peoples who build a temple ? I mean He remove the hindrance of the process of built temple ?

If that is what you mean,
I agree.

Ganesha for me is Śiva's divine wisdom born from the knowledge of the flow of wisdom that siva obtains, it is with this scholarly wisdom with which one can physically build a temple, one that will stand for aeons.

He helps in both the spiritual and the physical sense, he has helped build all Temples.

The temples them selves originating from maTha the Temple or maTha a simple Hut, being the place too where one can retreat from the world to study; evolving a finer knowledge, eventually leading to finer maTha.

And all the Mathematics and science with which to construct them!

I am speculating, but I am fairly certain that Elephants will have also been used to a great extent, both to clear the forest and to help place the very stones on which the temples are founded.

All of which helps Ganesh as he is devoted to helping us learn!

He represents the 28th lunar mansion, which is used to rectify the calender under certain conditions, he has the wisdom to perform all these tasks.

He is also closely associated with the shadow planet ketu, who in Jyotish is the moshka karaka showing spirituality in a kundali; the headless shadow planet, the descending lunar node.
A mathematical calculation predicting the path of the moon as it weaves across the ecliptic path of the Sun; enabling the prediction of eclipses and the position and directional movement of the moon.

Ketu at times takes the head of an elephant, but also that of a goat, a cow and a dear, giving all the different vedas. Ganesh was the scribe who collected the vedas together and wrote them all down.

He teaches at every level from children up to the highest level of mathematics and scripture, astrology and astronomy.

All of which is done by his pervading of everything, and these are all reasons that I love Ganesh, he keeps me learning!

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Mana
17 May 2012, 01:13 PM
I see Mana has a graphic of one of the elephants from Disneyland's Jungle Cruise Adventure ride!
हरिः ओम्

Namaste Shivafan,

I mean no disrespect at all in this representation, I love the image and believe that he is as much a child of Śiva as any other.
Yours is fantastic too!

I shall take a photo of My Ganesh, he came to me from the Philippines before I new anything of sanAtana dharma, I like to think
that he brought this wisdom to me, and helped me through some very troubled times.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

shian
17 May 2012, 06:04 PM
Thank you Manna sharing about how Lord Ganesh help us learn :)
You have blessed with many divine knowledge about. Him

Eastern Mind
17 May 2012, 07:21 PM
Vannakkam: Prostrations to Beloved Pillaiyar:

Abhishekham, South Indian style .... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZKJ3QfR1M

Aum Namasivaya

shian
04 July 2012, 08:17 PM
This is Bathara Gana , the style from wayang , of Hindu Bali or maybe Ancient Java (Hindu) also

shian
04 July 2012, 08:33 PM
This is (the black stone) in Prambanan Temple in central Java
the the another one is in near Prambanan (but already no head), but the statue is very big ( 3 meter ). In ancient Indonesia, both Hindu and Buddhist is worshiper of Lord Ganesh, and many place is devotee to Lord Ganesh.

shian
04 July 2012, 08:35 PM
Then, this is the another one, in Jogjakarta (Yogyakarta) Islamic University (Universitas Islam) is found Ganesha ., Linga and yoni !

read here : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/12/24/ganesha-%E2%80%98lingga-yoni%E2%80%99-found-newly-discovered-site.html (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/12/24/ganesha-%E2%80%98lingga-yoni%E2%80%99-found-newly-discovered-site.html)

can you imagine the condition of ancient Indonesia, with many Temple :) when Indonesia was a Hindu kingdom called Majapahit, they have very great and wide land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majapahit

http://www.squidoo.com/heritage-kingdom-of-majapahit

Eastern Mind
07 July 2012, 03:29 PM
Vannakkam: Last night He helped me with directions, one of the skills He seems to use for me. We were invited to a function at a Hindu temple on another side of the city .. a Fijian Hindu temple. They are never very well advertised. Having been to a Fijian Hindu temple over there before, I just assumed it was the same one ... it wasn't!

So I'm at this place where there is no one, I have no cell phone, there are no longer phone booths, and I'm thinking what to do... what to do. So finally a man arrives, and I ask him, "is there another temple around here somewhere, a Fijian temple, and he says, "Yes, but it's further north" and he doesn't know exact location. So we head out to just drive around a bit, looking in the general area. Finally we find a Punjabi dance studio, stop in the strip mall there, and ask again. At first the store guy says it is the Dance Studio I'm looking for. "Nope," I say. Then Ganesha in another form comes out of the store, and says, "I know that place, Just follow me." So I do, and he leads me to the correct place ... about 3 minutes to spare, before the function started.

Ganesha is amazing, and now I know of yet another Hindu temple in my city, which now makes 8 of them.

Aum Namasivaya

ShivaFan
07 July 2012, 03:40 PM
I love Ganesha because when I was a boy about 8 years old, I saw an art print of Ganesha. And so it began ... You know, one teaching I have been given is that Ganesha is a commander in the troops of Shiva - In fact that is the name Lord Shiva gave to Him when he was a boy, "Ganapati" or General of the Troops. But yet, it seems to me that Ganesha always has a special connection to children, and especially to young boys as I was a long time ago. A young boy knows Ganesha even at first glance, I guess that is just part of our "human nature" (that is, boys if you know what I mean).

ShivaIsLord
07 July 2012, 08:43 PM
Namaste,

I love Lord Ganesha because he answered a prayer of mine, even before I believed in all of this. Around October of last year, my family needed a place to move, and we found the PERFECT place. Unfortunately, a lot of other people were interested as well, and we tend to have REALLY bad luck when it comes to choosing places to live. So I silently said "Ganesha, if you remove all obstacles to us moving in, and make it with no problems, I will light a stick of incense for you". It worked. That reminds me, I need to go buy some incense (LOL I'm so late on this).

Om Namah Shivaya

shian
08 July 2012, 08:28 PM
Thank you EasternMind, ShivaFan and ShivaIsLord
beautiful experience, He always appear and show to us in very sweet way,
the Lord of obstacles... for many peoples, obstacles is terrible thing in life.
But He show us to beyond the obstacles and use it as tool to achieve catur purusha : Dharma, artha, kama and moksha.

I wish we all realize His love in daily life
we realize that He always with us and always take care of us

the one very amazing fact is, He is very very fast to answer our prayer, even its not doing in complex and difficult ritual.

shian
09 July 2012, 09:27 PM
Vanakkam,

why i love Lord Ganesh,

Lord Ganesh is very dear to all , and very universal
then He guide us to path of Hindu Dharma.
very welcome to beginner

but ,
i do not need to leave Him after i entered deeper to Hindu, and no need to change deities when i need uttara achievment

Lord Ganesh is the Lord of Siddhis, worldy and beyond worldy

Who said have Lord Ganesh as Istadevata is not be able to attain moksha or the final goal ?
Lord Ganesh is Maha-paripurna Budhi, Maha-paripurna Bhakti, Maha-paripurna Karuna sagara

whatever siddhis we need, He can give us
Because He is Lord of Universe.
He is Shiva-Shakti
He is Buddha
He is Sarasvati
He is Vishnu

so i never feel lack of anyelse within Him :)

ShivaFan
01 September 2012, 02:53 PM
The Power of Vibhuti!

Namaste

Yesterday I received vibhuti in the mail from the Kadavul Hindu Temple in Hawaii. Today I applied it to my forehead, and I will testify to the power of this vibhuti! I testify: Jai Ganesha, this vibhuti contains powerful force and blessing!

Jai Ganesha! Om Namah Sivaya

Shanti29
01 September 2012, 07:11 PM
He's so loving. It would take forever to properly explain everything but after two further suicide attempts and a very long and terrifying hospital stay, I'm somehow out and better than before. I always find myself crying when I think of him now. Ganesh, I thought love on a human plane tough enough to explain :) I've been calling to you constantly and you have never once failed me. You honestly deserve better but until you come to your senses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zr-D6c7zk

Vitani
01 September 2012, 08:39 PM
A great friend who always listens to me when I need to talk :)

Jai Sri Ganesh!

squidgirl
08 September 2012, 07:12 PM
A big thank you to Dear Ganesha for whispering in my ear and nudging me to dip my toe in the pool of Hinduism! If it wasn't for him I'd still just be floating around.

shian
25 September 2012, 05:00 AM
Jai Sri Ganesh, i have celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi Sep 19, 2012
but im late to celebrate here.

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi, Lord Ganesh alaways bless us :)

ShadowsAndDust
10 October 2012, 07:13 PM
Well this may be cheesy and utterly weird but the fact he has an elephant's head is a great symbol to me. Why? Elephants have the greatest memory out of any creature so it is said so I associate this with wisdom and wisdom is learning and that is what I love the most. I live my life in hopes to learn more and more and more until the very day I die. I am a nerd so such a thing is important to me :D

Knowledge is power after all, and if Lord Ganesh is all knowledge then surely he is powerful.

shian
17 October 2012, 02:33 AM
Vanakkam,

Who have Ganadesha Stotram text and english translation ?

Bhagavankibhakt
22 October 2012, 05:15 PM
Namaste to all,

I love Shree Ganesh because IMO He is the key to all spiritual power and wisdom. In the Hindu traditions of my country we are thought that Shree Ganesh must be worshiped and invoked before any other form or else the pujas won't go smoothly or be successful and I have experienced this personally. A few years I performed a simple Kali Maa puja at home and things started going off from the beginning. The diyas refused to light, the incense kept outing and my mind was tense and uneasy. It was then I realized I forgot to invoked my Ganapati Bappa. I worshiped Him for about 10 minutes and lo and behold my diyas lit with the first match strike, my incense remained lit and filled my entire room with sweet fragrance and my mind was finally focused.

It was at that very moment I realized how important Shree Ganesh was and as such I never perform devotion without invoking Him first. Also the proclamation "Ganapati Bappa Moriya" is one of my favourite Hindu statements :)

My favourite bhajan at the moment is Deva Shree Ganesha from Agneepath.

Webimpulse
30 October 2012, 06:54 AM
Namaste all,

I love Lord Ganesha because I feel He loves me...it's kind of hard to explain, but I'll do my best here.

For me, Lord Ganesha embodies the exotic, otherworldly qualities of Hinduism; I know not all who are devotees of Him feel the same way, but the reason I feel this way about Him, besides the fact that he has the head of an elephant, is that...well, I once felt the need to have someone as exotic and otherworldly as Lord Ganesha love me, to feel that I can be loved.

But you know what I eventually realized, thanks to the help of Lord Ganesha? I realized that in order to be loved by others, I have to love myself. Lord Ganesha helped me realize this because of His appearance as well - after all, with Lord Ganesha's exotic appearance, if He never loved or had confidence in Himself, He most certainly would not be adored and worshiped by the millions who do so today!

That's about the best way I can describe the love I have for Lord Ganesha. I hope it makes sense. :)

Sincerely,

Webimpulse

ranjitm
18 November 2012, 02:49 AM
I love Ganapati because He is of the nature of Sri Krsna, as revealed by Brahm-vaivart and Devi bhagavata puranas.

ranjitm
18 November 2012, 03:00 AM
If I were to be completely honest, I used to be disgruntled by the importance attributed to Sri Ganeshvara at first. Already there were Devi and Shankara contending with Narayana for Brahm-hood, and now this Ganpati - is what i used to feel. Of course, such a despicable disposition stemmed from my ignorance... Now I am firmly entrenched in the belief that all devatas who manifest any sort of aisvarya - be it Indra, Yama or Agni - are all parts of Krishna. It helps me maintain a healthy respect for the deities. Besides, the puraanas speak of a divine Indra, Surya, etc. who are present in the spiritual sky and are actual expansions of Krishna. What to speak of Ganesvara, then, who is said to be the result of an intense Krishna-vrata observed by the parents of the universe - Bhavani-Shankar?

ranjitm
18 November 2012, 03:06 AM
Sri Ganapati's limbs possess such extraordinary strength that He once caught Sri parashurama in His trunk and flung him around in such an astounding way that Parashurama could see all the fourteen worlds of brahma, indra, etc. as well as the seven islands of jambu, shalmali, etc. and the seven oceans of milk, curd, etc. Can you imagine the might He posesses?

Eastern Mind
27 November 2012, 06:10 PM
Vannakkam: So we decide to go out to an Ethiopian restaurant to celebrate an occasion. Turns out one night of the month, this restaurant has a vegetarian special buffet. Guess which night? Ganesha seems to be really good with timing.

Aum Namasivaya