PDA

View Full Version : Mukthinath

sringeri
28 October 2011, 04:21 AM
I thought I could share somethoughts . I recently went to Mukthinath, (Pasupathinath and few other temples) at Nepal. There was not much information about it in the web. The guides who facilitated our tour gave different versions for the same temple !!

My suggestion would be

If you are planning a trip to these areas do it by 60-65 years. After that people find it difficult .
Ensure that you keep one day aside for contigency as the climate can get dicey. WE were stranded at ZOMSON , a place near Mukthinath for a day . You may try the helicopter (US $ 125 PER person ) for a one way trip in case the aircraft is not able to be used.

And do check with your facilitator if they will arrange for stay / food in case of change inplans due to weather conditions.When you are going to a new place where language and access to communication is difficult try to cover for out of way situations also

I hope this short (! ) note may be of use to those who are planning a trip to this place

Ps : To administrator
This post is following suggestion from the administrator that I have not posted recently. I am more of a student trying to learn from this site articles....!!!!!

Eastern Mind
28 October 2011, 08:12 AM
I thought I could share somethoughts . I recently went to Mukthinath, (Pasupathinath and few other temples) at Nepal. There was not much information about it in the web. The guides who facilitated our tour gave different versions for the same temple !!

My suggestion would be

If you are planning a trip to these areas do it by 60-65 years. After that people find it difficult .
Ensure that you keep one day aside for contigency as the climate can get dicey. WE were stranded at ZOMSON , a place near Mukthinath for a day . You may try the helicopter (US $ 125 PER person ) for a one way trip in case the aircraft is not able to be used.

And do check with your facilitator if they will arrange for stay / food in case of change inplans due to weather conditions.When you are going to a new place where language and access to communication is difficult try to cover for out of way situations also

I hope this short (! ) note may be of use to those who are planning a trip to this place

Ps : To administrator
This post is following suggestion from the administrator that I have not posted recently. I am more of a student trying to learn from this site articles....!!!!!

Vannakkam Sringeri: This is useful advice for any trip to India anywhere, especially for the out of the way places. Unexpected things happen, so it is best to allot more time for all the various scenarios. On my recent trip we hit a 36 mile long traffic jam on the main route. (Delhi-Haridwar) The clearing up estimate was a minimum of 12 hours. Was I prepared to sit in a car for 12 hours? Not at all.

Aum Namasivaya