PDA

View Full Version : Yad Yad Acharati shresthah... Who is a real guru

Achintya beda abheda
07 November 2011, 10:01 PM
My dear Devotees,
I was curios to know who is the real guru? The Spiritual Master who can lead the disciple to Lord Krishna Back to Godhead. When and Where I'll find him? :rolleyes:

Can I accept Srila Narada Muni as Guru or Srila Ramanujacharya or Srila Madhavacharya as Guru? Or is necessary to have their physical presence with me to accept him as guru? :dunno:
Note: please give scriptural injunctions - the ref from vedic literature rather than our own concotions.:)

uttam
08 November 2011, 08:37 PM
:cool1:i think this should be the question of the day because there are gurus and gurus around us so who is a real guru ? i can give you some leads which may help you to conclude. ok you accept sri krishna your bhagaban . you want to be vaishnab. i appreciate you . in vaishnab parampara sri krishna chaitanya mahaprabhu is regarded as krishna avatar. in chaitanya charitamrita we see there are diksa guru and siksa guru. this siksa guru will teach sadhan bhakti to attain roti-prem .there are two types of sadhan bhakti one is baidhi bhakti and another is raganuga bhakti. bidhi bhakta does not get braja-vab. bidhi bhakti can not help for prem. it just glorify bhagaban and connected with aisourya only. bhagaban wants prem bhakti.you need to know raganuga bhakti. offering puja, doing japa with jap mala, tilak in fore head ,taking veg and practising so many rituals are all part of bidhi bhakti. rag bhakta does not offer puja to any idol of krishna but offer MANAS puja, does not restrict to nam japa to certain thousand or lakh times rather whole day and night with no japa mala.no binding of veg or non veg only take what is available and needed for good health. no chanting of maha mantra to show some one in particular. every thing is going in mind and heart and always engaged in krishna katha. there are more and more. if interested i will provide you . try to read good translation of sri chaitanya charitamrita free from any so called sampradaya . therefore you should look for a siksa guru who will teach you raganuga bhakti and will make you perfect vaishnab.

Achintya beda abheda
10 November 2011, 11:02 PM
All Glories to my spiritual master,

Thank you uttam for your explanation, :)
Lord Chaithanya mahaprabhu asked every one to chant Hare Krishna Maha mantra in the first place, that to fixed nos of rounds. All those Shad Goswamis (the close associates of the Lord in the spiritual planet), they followed it sincerely by chanting on the beads, these primary disciples of Mahaprabhu taught to start with Vaidhi Bhakthi initially later when one is immersed in love of godhead than the raganuga Bhakthi starts, that is what mentioned in "Bhakthi rasamritha sindhu" and other scriptures. Can you please disclose which line of chaithanya charitamrita says that one should directly start raganuga bhakti and vaidi bhakti is not required, chanting of maha mantra is not required
I'm quiet confused now I kindly request dear uttam and all Vaishnavas to throw some light on this subject matter.:confused:

Thank you.

uttam
13 November 2011, 10:39 PM
First of all it is wrong to say that first you have to practise vaidhi vakti to enter into raga vakti . you should know vaidhi vakti was already in practice before mahaprabhu's coming in the form of mangal chandi puja etc. now go to line 13 & 14 of adi lila fourth chapter of chaitanya charitamrita. here the reasons of mahaprabhu avatara explained. " Anusanga karma ai asur maran/je lagi avatar kahi se mul karan (13)/prem ras nirjyas karite aswadan/ragmarg bhakti loke karite pracharan (14). Therefore the reason of Mahaprabhu avatara is to deliver /teach ragmarg vakti . Then go to line 218 & 219 of same chapter. I quote "ras aswadite ami kaila avatar/prem ras aswadila bibidha prakar (218)/rag marge vakta vakti kare je prakare/taha sikhaila lila acharan kare (219). Therefore Mahaprabhu taught though his lila how to practise rag marg vakti.Then go to line 13,14 & 15 of the same chapter. I quote " shakal jagate kare more bidhi vakti/bidhi vakte brajabhav paite nahi shakti (13)/Aisarjya gyanete shab jagat misrita/aisarjya shithil preme nahi more prita(14)/Aisarjya gyane bidhi marge bhajan karia/vaikunthate jay chaturbidh mukti paiya (15).Therefore bidhi vakti can never produce prem. so many times in chaitanya charimrita we will see that we are asked to practise rag vakti.can you show me any line from chaitanya chartamrita where it is said that we have to practise vaidhi vakti first and then rag vakti. go to line No 78,79,80 & 81 of Madhya lila 22 chapter where mahapravu advise to leave bidhi dharma .If you go through what mahapravu says about rag vakti, right fron line no 82 of Madhya lila ,22 chapter C.C. you will see that rag vakta also do sraban kirtan and seban.then what more is needed for sadhan vajan.so there is no need of being vidhi vakta first.you see how a vaidhi vakta perform his mala japa by seeing TV or talking to others . how offer rice prasada to sri krishna during ekadashi but does not take himself that very day and keep for next day ,how dare he is to do such insult to prasad where as mahapravu gave prasad to sarbovoam pandit in one early morning and happy to see that pandit intook prasad then and then before mahapravu without doing his prata karma even. so what mahapravu taught through and what vaidhi vakta does is nothing but a mismatch only.More will follow.

uttam
14 November 2011, 12:05 AM
Again Nam sankirtan is preferable to chanting of maha mantra because in kalijug you can not chant mantra properly as your words are impure so no mantra tantra to be chanted in kalijug. if chanting means nam sankartin then ok you go on chanting, no problem. where you have found sri rup goswami, swarup damodar ramananda ray used to chant on beads to certain rounds. yes it was of course haridas prabhu used to japa on beads for lakhs.

issacnewton
14 November 2011, 01:04 AM
iskcon insists on not calling themselves hindus.
they suddenly "become" hindus, when in foreign country, the people are
attacking them. so lets not fool ourselves with these iskcon types.
they show hatred of other hindu deities......:mad:

uttam
14 November 2011, 07:56 PM
issacnewton, here is uttam. i confirm you if any body speaks against iskon's way of vaishnabism, i am the first because in regard to chaitanya mahapravu and vaishnab dharma i stand just opposit iskon.so if you mean me as iskon type you are not correct.as regards showing hatred to other hindu deities,my position is - i maintain sri krishna is swayong bhagaban and chaitanya mahaprabhu is sri krishna swayong in kalijug and rests his servant.i am vaishnab and practise ragmarg bhakti and iskon is on vaidhi marg type of vakti. i do not belong to any gaudiya family nor any math,mandir,ashram.why should i make fool any body ?

issacnewton
15 November 2011, 12:48 AM
if you are not iskcon then fine.

i just want to alert gullible hindus about the games that iskcon play......