PDA

View Full Version : Take it and leave it - a book that is.

c.smith
08 November 2011, 11:52 AM
Hari Om!

I would like to share a quote from a book that I took some intrest in and liked to a degree, or rather parts of it seemed to be somewhat enlightening.
This is from the book "The Most Direct Means To Eternal Bliss" by Michael Langford - Page 130 numbers 2 & 3. Just an aside, it was also published under 3 other titles. Does that tell you anything?

2 "You will know the extemely intense desire for Liberation has awakened when you have dropped all unnecessary activities to create the maximum amount of time for spiritual practice. 3 If you do not do your spiritual practice everyday, eventually your life will become full of suffering." Kind of sounds like the Gita?

I know that this seem simple, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. Sometimes I do get lazy in my sadhana, especially during my early morning practices.

This may be too simplistic for others, but does anyone else get anything out of it or would like to offer insights of thier own?

The "leave it" side of the book, and I truly suggest that you NOT purchase it, is the statement that it makes in regards to Hindus near the end of the book. Not pretty and I'm not going to write it out. Sorry Christians, but I do agree with what he has to say about your beliefs however. If however the book can be found online and your just into a good session of put downs, it will be found on pages 166-170 numbers 113-122. My advice is is skip it though - it's not worth the time or effort. My apologies for baiting you, but at least I can back-up my reasons for not buying the book.

Om Namah Sivaya
Jai Hanuman!