sharanya
19 November 2011, 07:03 AM
Namaskars!
I am Shiv Sharanya and I am Russian. :)

wundermonk
21 November 2011, 02:17 AM
Hello Sharanya:

Welcome to HDF.

Shiv is a male name, Sharanya is a female name...so what are you?

Mana
21 November 2011, 03:20 AM
Namaste Shiv Sharanya,

Very pleased to meet you, welcome to HDF.

praNAma

mana

Friend from the West
21 November 2011, 04:20 AM
Namaste Shiv Sharanya,

Welcome to HDF. Thanks for sharing web-site on your other posting. Look forward to seeing you around.

Om Shanti.

FFTW.

devotee
21 November 2011, 05:54 AM
Namaskars!
I am Shiv Sharanya and I am Russian. :)

Welcome to the forums, Sharanya ! :)

OM

sharanya
21 November 2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks to ALL

Hello Sharanya:

Welcome to HDF.

Shiv is a male name, Sharanya is a female name...so what are you?

This name was given me by my Shri Guruji. Means "the one wos is protected by Bhagavan Shiv". I am woman :)

kallol
21 November 2011, 07:12 AM
Welcome Saranya !!

Hope you enjoy this forum.

Are you from Moscow ? How are you pulled to Hinduism ?

Eastern Mind
21 November 2011, 08:26 AM
Vannakkam and Welcome Saranya: From my understanding, Russia is ripe for a Hindu revival of sorts. The mysticism of the Eastern Orthodox remains in the ethers there. The new freedoms allow for it to be expressed.

Aum Namasivaya

sharanya
21 November 2011, 12:22 PM
I am from Moscow region, I dont live exactly in Moscow, but it is very near.

How are you pulled to Hinduism ?
It is long story. :) In short something in my heart pulled me on this way.
From my understanding, Russia is ripe for a Hindu revival of sorts. The mysticism of the Eastern Orthodox remains in the ethers there. The new freedoms allow for it to be expressed.
Russia is ripe for many things, but there are a lot of problems also. Even with Eastern Orthodox, which mysticism is secret for the most of russians. Now Eastern Orthodox is big machine of power, which doesnt accept any other religions and beliefs. And in spite of new freedoms sometimes it is difficult to express anything. But Russians are interested in Eastern philosophy and religion. Especially in Indian culture.

kallol
21 November 2011, 09:34 PM
I have seen many hindu rituals being performed in the churches in Moscow and also in the monasteries outside Moscow.

1. Arti - Performing puja of Christ with lamps

2. Using the chamars (fiberous hand fan with handle) for puja

3. Concept of holy water

Now Russian language has many common words (they say taken from sanskrit). They say that puja of Shiva was pretty prevelant in Central Asia.

So was wondering what might have been the culture before the Christianity came to Russia.

sharanya
22 November 2011, 06:09 AM
I have seen many hindu rituals being performed in the churches in Moscow and also in the monasteries outside Moscow.

It is not possible. They are absolutely different religions and rituals. May be you can find something similar, but why need try to connect this? Fire is fire everywhere, in India and Russia, so people can use rituals with fire, water and so on, they can looks similar, but it doesn’t mean that it is hindu or christian rituals.

Now Russian language has many common words (they say taken from sanskrit).

Of course common words, because it is the same language family: Indo-European Family. And it is not only Russian, it is English, German, Spanish and many many other languages. They all have similar words.

So was wondering what might have been the culture before the Christianity came to Russia.
Now in Russia it is very popular such belief that before Christianity Russians were hindus, because some ancient Russians Gods had similar names and roles, but there are no any proofs for this. May be really thousands years ago there was the one big country, and arias came in India from Ural (central Russia, it is also very popular idea), but we can not prove anything now.

Eastern Mind
22 November 2011, 07:46 AM

Russia is ripe for many things, but there are a lot of problems also. Even with Eastern Orthodox, which mysticism is secret for the most of russians. Now Eastern Orthodox is big machine of power, which doesnt accept any other religions and beliefs. And in spite of new freedoms sometimes it is difficult to express anything. But Russians are interested in Eastern philosophy and religion. Especially in Indian culture.

Vannakkam sharanya: This is basically the same answer many of us have. "Something in my heart" ... In my opinion, that 'something' is God's natural gift of magnetic pulling all souls towards Him, for moksha is the destiny. The difference between us and others is we have become aware of it. From your words it's pretty obvious to me you're right on the path there. Best wishes.

Do you have a satsang group to meet up with?

Aum Namasivaya

Obelisk
22 November 2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome, Sharanya! :)

Rudy
23 November 2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome to HDF Sharanya!

I hope you learn a lot here.

Rudy

Brahmanyan
27 November 2011, 09:48 AM

Dear Ms. Sharanya,

First let me welcome you to this Forum. It is not new that people from far of places are turning their attention to the Ancient Truth of the East. The famous Russian writer Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy — known better as Leo Tolstoy, a pacifist by conviction turned to Eastern Religions to find answer for his quest. I wish to share an incident that happened some time back. While traveling to Delhi by train to attend a wedding, I found half of our A/c Sleeper Couch was occupied by Russians (most of them ladies). Later on some of them who spoke English told me that they were from Siberia and returning home after attending a Spiritual camp conducted by one "Kalki Bhagavan", near Chennai. That was a news for me, this person could attract people from far of Siberia, Russia!

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

sharanya
27 November 2011, 11:22 AM
Vannakkam sharanya: This is basically the same answer many of us have. "Something in my heart" ... In my opinion, that 'something' is God's natural gift of magnetic pulling all souls towards Him, for moksha is the destiny. The difference between us and others is we have become aware of it. From your words it's pretty obvious to me you're right on the path there. Best wishes.
Thank you. I feel that this "something in my heart" is connected with our past births. People who were born in different places of the Earth, but still get attract to Indian philosophy, they have ceratin base in past birth which makes them go on this path.

Do you have a satsang group to meet up with?
Not in Russia. But there is regular satsang in India.

While traveling to Delhi by train to attend a wedding, I found half of our A/c Sleeper Couch was occupied by Russians (mostly of them ladies). Later on some of them who spoke English told me that they were from Siberia and returning home after attending a Spiritual camp conducted by one "Kalki Bhagavan", near Chennai. That was a news for me, this person could attract people from far of Siberia, Russia!
I know nothing about "Kalki Bhagavan". Who is he? Yes, I know about Kalki Bhagavan who is Avatar of Shri Vishnu, but I hope this it is not time now for his coming. :)