PDA

View Full Version : A Real Treat for a Politician

Believer
24 November 2011, 03:04 AM
Namaste,

I just witnessed an event on the Indian TV which made me feel proud of the Indian youth. Frustrated with the money grabbing scandal a day, and the ever rising prices of basic commodities, someone got mad enough to go and slap a federal minister. We often see pictures of the Arab spring and 'Occupy Wall Street' demonstrations, but no one confronts the thieves of India, in a manner that they understand. It was indeed heartening to see a youth express his outrage with a slap across Sharad Pawar's face. Unless more of them rise and give these thugs in the Govt. what is due to them, no one will wake up to do anything for the country. I salute this man, and hope some high powered defense attorneys will come to his rescue and get him freed from the corrupt police.

Pranam.

PARAM
25 November 2011, 12:10 AM
Sharad Pawar have twisted face, he should thanks Harvinder Singh for making it normal.

sm78
25 November 2011, 12:31 AM
Sharad Pawar have twisted face, he should thanks Harvinder Singh for making it normal.

Lol.

But on a serious note, this is not the first time. This year we have seen a flurry of slapping and shoe throwing at politicians and "activists" alike including one at baba ramdev. Its more of a show than anything serious or real.

There is no unified movement against wrong doers in India, since there is no one crook which can unify people. Crooks are everywhere, and if you are against one crook - you inevitably end up in another crooks camp. I never have any hopes for Indian democracy and politics - I have it even less now.

You slap pawar and his blind followers go on rampage and soon someone else gets slapped in return. Its a joke and tamasha. Arab and India are different in so many levels that comparison is meaningless. I am no fan of Arab spring either - Islamic spring is a better word.

PARAM
27 November 2011, 10:33 PM
Lol.

But on a serious note, this is not the first time. This year we have seen a flurry of slapping and shoe throwing at politicians and "activists" alike including one at baba ramdev. Its more of a show than anything serious or real.

There is no unified movement against wrong doers in India, since there is no one crook which can unify people. Crooks are everywhere, and if you are against one crook - you inevitably end up in another crooks camp. I never have any hopes for Indian democracy and politics - I have it even less now.

You slap pawar and his blind followers go on rampage and soon someone else gets slapped in return. Its a joke and tamasha. Arab and India are different in so many levels that comparison is meaningless. I am no fan of Arab spring either - Islamic spring is a better word.

A person who is alone can have courage, Mangal Pandey did right thing when he revolt against violent rulers, General Dyer was wrong when he massacred peaceful protesters. There are supporters of corrupts who give bad affection against right activists but we cannot stop activity against wrong either. Harvinder Singh did no wrong, but Pawar's supporters only show their true face in their rampage, they will do it even if there is so such incident.

saidevo
28 January 2012, 08:34 PM
An Interesting blog by Pritish Nandy...
http://dalitrefugees.blogspot.com/2011/04/fwd-fw-interesting-blog-by-pritish.html