PDA

View Full Version : Any Devotees of Chaitanya?

Kismet
25 November 2011, 04:41 PM
I am wondering whether there are any devotees of Chaitanya here. I have come to the realization that, as much as I love and appreciate Krsna, I feel an even greater drawing to this great 15th century Avesha avatar.

Actually, I have the distinct impression I was always knowledgeable of Him, perhaps as a devotee in a former life. Afterwards however, I have the distinct sense I moved away from his light and succumbed to darkness, again.

So, should I devote myself to Krsna or Chaitanya exclusively, or both? I need your erudition, guys.

Bhaja bhaja bhai, Chaitanya Nitai

- these words, probably mean more to me than anything else in the world.

Kismet
25 November 2011, 04:43 PM
An especially moving song/picture slide about Gauranga, imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDawvVqjdAw&feature=channel_video_title

smaranam
25 November 2011, 06:46 PM
Hare KRshNa

Wonderful, but shouldn't this thread be under

A] ISKCON Hare Krshna
OR
B] Vaishnav ?

Unless you think it would be redundant to do so.

I was about to repost (because it is already on one thread) this beautiful bhajan by Narottama Das Thakur yesterday, in Loknath Swamiji's voice, when posting the Shikshashtak .

praNAm

Shri KRshNa Chaitanya daya koro more
toma bina ke dayAlu jagat sansa ~ ~ re ~~
patita pavana hetu tava avatara ~~
mo sama pa ~ tita pra~bhu~~ na pai be a~~ra~~

Kismet
25 November 2011, 06:50 PM
Hare KRshNa

Wonderful, but shouldn't this thread be under

A] ISKCON Hare Krshna
OR
B] Vaishnav ?

Unless you think it would be redundant to do so.

Oh, that's perfectly fine. I didn't think it really mattered though, since this subforum has to do with our experiences, struggles, and so on and this certainly has a lot to do with that.

smaranam
25 November 2011, 06:59 PM
Ah, of course. Understood.

Gaudiya VaishNavs see Mahaprabhu as KRshNa in the mood of Radharani. The relationship with Gauranga is more of Guru shishya since that is His purpose, but also runs parallel with the relationship with KRshNa. That is why we see the same entity in Gaura-lIla and simultaneously parallely in KRshNa-lIlA . (vrindavan dot de)

Ask Anadiji. He will answer that well.

Hare KRshNa

uttam
01 December 2011, 07:57 PM
i advise you to keep distance from today's gaudiya( Iskon,Gaudiya math) and try to understand traditonal vaishnabs of nabadwip for better understanding of chaitanya mahaprabhu who has been hi-jacked by mayapuri ( iskon,chaitanya math,gaudiya math,gaudiya vedanta samiti and much more ).remember traditional nabadwip vaishnabs do not pay visit to mayapur which has a exclusive access of gaudiya family established by bhakti vinod thakur, bhakti sidhanta saraswati, a c bhakti vedanta and so on. chaitanya mahaprabhu should be free from the clutch of this family.