PDA

View Full Version : Islamic cleric bans women from touching bananas

wundermonk
07 December 2011, 12:29 PM
In the Islamic world, fact is many times stranger than fiction.

Story here (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/mad-mad-world/Islamic-cleric-bans-women-from-touching-bananas/articleshow/11020659.cms).

NEW DELHI: An unnamed Islamic cleric based in Europe has issued a ban on women touching fruits and vegetables resembling the male sexual organ to avoid "sexual thoughts".

The Egyptian news website Bikya Masr on Wednesday quoted the cleric whose diktat featured in an article on el-Senousa, a religious publication. The cleric has said that women should not even get close to bananas or cucumbers. "If women wish to eat these food items, a third party, preferably a male related to them such as their a father or husband, should cut the items into small pieces and serve," the cleric dictated.

According to the cleric, bananas and cucumbers "resemble the male penis" and therefore could arouse women or "make them think of sex." The cleric also added carrots and zucchini to the list of forbidden foods for women.

The news about this latest diktat against women went viral on the web with liberal Muslims feeling enraged and embarrassed. Repression of women in ultra-conservative Islamic societies has been an intense subject of debate throughout the world.

Adhvagat
07 December 2011, 12:48 PM
Saw this on Vimoh FB and was discussing with a psychologist friend of mine.

Just sad...

Eastern Mind
07 December 2011, 01:03 PM
Vannakkam: Let's just cut off everyone's fingers while we're at it. :)

In truth, my heart goes out to all those affected.

Aum Namasivaya

AmIHindu
07 December 2011, 02:48 PM
Vannakkam: fingers

You stole my thought. :cool1:

Jainarayan
07 December 2011, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I little hope for the survival of humanity with such rampant idiocy. :(

Of course even Albert Einstein said "only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the first".

Adhvagat
07 December 2011, 11:27 PM
Sometimes I little hope for the survival of humanity with such rampant idiocy. :(

Of course even Albert Einstein said "only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the first".

If the universe is always at balance and there's infinite knowledge we quickly conclude that...

:rolleyes:

sm78
08 December 2011, 12:35 AM
he he ... much like the founder of their religion, the cleric's of this religion just cannot get their mind off sex. Wet dreams and sexual fantasies are at the core of this religion & its thoughts, in a weird pent up guilt kind of way. Psychology is similar to those closet gays who were publicly most rabid anti-gay. And ofcourse women had been there all the time to take the blame for male sexual perversions - nothing compares to Islam in this regard.

If you rape, your victim is to blame. Put the rape victim in jail. If you cannot help yourself thinking about ladies touching your dick, when you see women buy vegetables in the market, its obviously their fault. Sick bastards.