PDA

View Full Version : Mega Shuddhi event for Islam and Christianity

Satyamavejayante
18 December 2011, 09:50 PM
Please visit this site for further details,

http://agniveer.com/6087/shuddhi/

Agniveer is organizing a special event in Haridwar in last week of December (Dec 23 to Dec 30, 2011) on occasion of martyrdom of legendary Swami Shradhanand who was the father of Shuddhi movement that brought millions back to Vedic aka Hindu fold. To pay our homage to this great personality, we are organizing a special program of Shuddhi (purification) Yajna for those who belong(ed) to Semitic cults like Christianity and Islam.

TTCUSM
25 December 2011, 12:39 PM
SJ,

The Shuddhi movement is closely associated with an organization called the Arya Samaj.

The Arya Samaj was founded in 1875 by Swami Dayananda Saraswati. Swami Dayananda criticized Islam and Christianity and held Shuddhi events for the reconversion of Indian Muslims and Indian Christians.

However, he also criticized traditional Hindu practices like polytheism and murti puja. Therefore, we can't assume that they will be allies of mainstream Hindus. They belong in the same category as ISKCON and Brahmo Samaj.

Satyamavejayante
15 February 2012, 11:11 PM
SJ,

The Shuddhi movement is closely associated with an organization called the Arya Samaj.

The Arya Samaj was founded in 1875 by Swami Dayananda Saraswati. Swami Dayananda criticized Islam and Christianity and held Shuddhi events for the reconversion of Indian Muslims and Indian Christians.

However, he also criticized traditional Hindu practices like polytheism and murti puja. Therefore, we can't assume that they will be allies of mainstream Hindus. They belong in the same category as ISKCON and Brahmo Samaj.

Please visit Agniveer website given,

and what exactly is mainstream Hinduism?

TTCUSM
16 February 2012, 07:27 PM
and what exactly is mainstream Hinduism?

I'm pretty sure you know what "mainstream Hinduism" is. It is the religion practiced by 85% of India's population, which consists of the worship of deities found in Hindu scriptures, making offerings at temples, observing caste boundaries and regulations, etc.

Satyamavejayante
19 February 2012, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure you know what "mainstream Hinduism" is. It is the religion practiced by 85% of India's population, which consists of the worship of deities found in Hindu scriptures, making offerings at temples, observing caste boundaries and regulations, etc.

And if I don't agree with cast regulations, does that make me less Hindu?

if 85% are doing the wrong thing (regarding cast) then why should I just close my eyes and follow?

And the Arya Samaj are not breaking murtis, or destroying temples, or killing "mainstream" Hindus are they?

is it wrong that they follow the Vedas that were taught to Brahma in the beginning of creation?

What is the use of offering at temple, worshipping deities like Sri Krishna and then not living by their teachings?

How many mainstream Hindus have guts to stand up against Islam and Christianity these days?

then im not part of mainstream Hinduism