PDA

View Full Version : Kali and Blood

cmorel02
21 December 2011, 02:14 PM
Namaste friends,

Sorry if this isn't the convenient place to post this conversation...
But in my research on Kali I come across many links that say she strives on blood, preferred goat, but human blood has been offered. I know that sacrifices of blood, human and animal, were given in every religion, from Native North and South America, Judaism , Christianity, paganism, ect.
But what I was wondering why does she like to be offered blood?

Dhanyavad...

cmorel02
21 December 2011, 02:32 PM
Personally, I thought that the sacrifices that pleased Kali Mata was the demon inside. Maybe people in the Kali Yuga misunderstood this term? The blood of the demon within pleases her, that's my opinion on it...

uttam
21 December 2011, 06:08 PM
hellow cmoreI02 , your thinking is in right way. we are having six ripus like kama ( desire) ,krodha (anger), loav ( greed) Moha ( attachment ) and two more i forget called 'sadaripus' which lead us to do pap karma ( unholy activities). we are suppsed to destroy the ripus to make us perfect human being. I think the very appearance of Kali mata signifies that you are correct. Now the question is as a human being having a reasonable mind how can we do the kind of thing that is sacrificing gentle domestic animal before kali mata leaving the wild animal in ourselves intact. Instead of goat etc it should have been tiger lion but no mard ka bacha ( people involved in cutting the throat) will dare to go to tiger or lion. And their kali mata also sitting in the temple goes on drinking animal blood offered being unable to kill the animal-people who arrange blood for her daily meal .After killing the animal before kali mata it becomes prasad that is distributed to near and dear. Now i am confused who actually the culprit here . we or Ma kali ? the fact of the matter is what ever we do we will bear the consequences but what about kali mata. will she be punished for her act of drinking animal's blood daily ( in some cases) also for not giving the punishment to her followers who are involved in such heinous act ?

sm78
21 December 2011, 11:03 PM
But what I was wondering why does she like to be offered blood?

The literal demand for blood signifies that there is no life without death. For a shakti sadhak this is not just a theoritical concept, but a fact to be experienced in ritual with proper preparation and mental conditioning - such that the ritual act becomes a vehicle of the great and immediate realization. There are other methods also to thurst oneself to this realization than bali, but bali is a powerful one which carries more than one symbolism at one instant, and the experience is powerful enough to be used as a potent ritual method. Destroying wrong identification and cutting through ignorance is another strong symbolism embedded in the decapitation sword (the massive khadga). Looking and using the massive devi khadga can itself in my opinion cut through many eons of wrong identification in a properly prepared mind.

However, the way sacrifices happen as some sort of exhibitionism and in large numbers everyday in some temples to get small material boons may not be good.

Spiritualseeker
22 December 2011, 07:03 AM
Namaste,

I enjoy what sm78 has said on this. I just want to mention that I have been reading the book, "Aghora: At the Left Hand of God" By Robert E. Svoboda. This book has really affected the way I look at Kali. The terrible forms such as Tara are actually very beautiful. It is even more beautiful when we see the representation of every object or every attribute of her form. There will be many that will sacrifice animals and do other such things for boons or for Siddhas, these I believe are the charlatans. They do not want Enlightenment. There will be others who are more sincere. These can be the ones who truly meditate upon the corpse and overcome death by grace of Kali and Shiva.

Om Namah Shivaya

anisha_astrologer
27 December 2011, 12:12 AM
Kali is the sanharak who eliminated a demon called Raktbeej and in the process of killing him she became so infuriated that she began killing anything that came in her way and strived for blood. she was pacified by Shiva who fell in her way. people who offer sacrifice worship the infuriated form while others worship the pacified form of Goddess who is also the universal mother.:)