PDA

View Full Version : Give pilgrims subsidy to all

wundermonk
22 December 2011, 03:23 AM
Story here (http://www.dailypioneer.com/pioneer-news/todays-newspaper/29622-capsule.html):

New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday demanded that Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa extend subsidy for travel of Hindus to Kailash and Manasarovar in Tibet on the lines of her assistance to Christians to take pilgrimage to Jerusalem.

What sort of stupidity is this...extending subsidy to every religion out there? First the Mohammedans, now the Xians, then soon the Jews will want a subsidy, then the Bahais, then the Buddhist, then the Pastafarians, then the scientologists, ad infinitum. When will this end? When the country is bankrupt?

Doesnt the Indian politician feel any shame when she gets up in the morning and stares at her disgusting sinister face in the mirror?

Tāṇḍava
22 December 2011, 04:52 AM
Story here (http://www.dailypioneer.com/pioneer-news/todays-newspaper/29622-capsule.html):

What sort of stupidity is this...extending subsidy to every religion out there? First the Mohammedans, now the Xians, then soon the Jews will want a subsidy, then the Bahais, then the Buddhist, then the Pastafarians, then the scientologists, ad infinitum. When will this end? When the country is bankrupt?

Doesnt the Indian politician feel any shame when she gets up in the morning and stares at her disgusting sinister face in the mirror?

If they work the way of the UK politicians the subsidies will be reduced and reduced as more and more apply until it is so little that it sin't worth the cost of the stamp you'd need to send off your application.

zenvicky
22 December 2011, 06:47 AM

They hardly think about anything except "vote". Can go to any extent to woo voters.

Eastern Mind
22 December 2011, 08:13 AM
Vannakkam: Pilgrimage is sacred duty, whether near or far. But karma is a universal law, not just applicable to Hindus. For that reason I think they should never have started any subsidy program whatsoever, and eliminate them all. If you can't go, it's your karma. Accept it.

Back when it started, (partly because people of all faiths spread far and wide, away from their original sites of pilgrimage, geographically) they should have suggested to all the world's faiths that the idea of absolute duty be re-written.

Many Moslems here in Canada (and we could more likely afford a subsidy) don't make it to Mecca in their lifetime. I don't hear them all screaming or whimpering about going to hell for it.

The one thing that does work is a pooling of friends' money to help a deserving soul out.

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
22 December 2011, 05:38 PM
Namaste,

I never cease to be amazed at what "secularism" is in India...I agree that all types of these subsidies should be abolished.

Jai Sri Ram

satay
22 December 2011, 06:59 PM
namaste,

Many Moslems here in Canada (and we could more likely afford a subsidy) don't make it to Mecca in their lifetime. I don't hear them all screaming or whimpering about going to hell for it.

Aum Namasivaya

I often think about this too. Why don't the muslims make similar demands in Canada or other countries? It reminds of a hindi saying from my school days, "jiski laadi usiki bhanse" He who has the stick owns the buffalo. :) Possibly only indians will get this saying.

Eastern Mind
22 December 2011, 07:12 PM
namaste,

I often think about this too. Why don't the muslims make similar demands in Canada or other countries? It reminds of a hindi saying from my school days, "jiski laadi usiki bhanse" He who has the stick owns the buffalo. :) Possibly only indians will get this saying.

Vannakkam Satay: Here its "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Similar, I believe. Go Oilers. (Only Canadians will get that one, and only you and I will get the shot at you.)

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
29 December 2011, 10:53 AM
Namaste,

Doesnt the (this) Indian politician feel any shame when she gets up in the morning and stares at her disgusting sinister face in the mirror?
Why would a person who spent her whole life being a mistress to MGR, have any shame?
And now they call her Amma (mother). ;)

Pranam.