PDA

View Full Version : All About Mahesvara Name

shian
27 December 2011, 12:03 AM
Om Namah Shivaya

Vanakkam,

i feel close with Lord Shiva, Parvati , Murugan and Ganesh
i love this Divine Family (ONE)

when Indonesia Hindu Publisher have translate some book about Lord Shiva (and His family), i always buy it and i love this Divine Knowledge

i have try to search it ,
The philosophy , the story , the chanting , the greatnes etc about Lord Shiva name, Mahesvara.

i also want to know , how to chant this name , for example :
Om Saraswatyai Namah
This Om Mahesvaraya Namah ?

Thank you :)

Jainarayan
27 December 2011, 10:37 AM
Namaste shian.

Om Saraswatyai Namah
This Om Mahesvaraya Namah ?

Om MahEshvarAya namah.

Om Aim SaraswatyAi namah (Aim as in 'sky').

shian
27 December 2011, 10:46 AM

Do you have the story or philosophy about this name ?

Jainarayan
27 December 2011, 11:17 AM
Most welcome.

I know that Mahādeva means Great God, and Maheshvara means Great Lord. I think it's because He is the primary deity in Shaivism.

Jaishankar
27 December 2011, 01:10 PM
Pranams!

Sri Shivapurana: Vidyesvara S amhita ch17 declares the greatness of the 5-syllabled mantra. (Om Namah Shivaya)

In the worship of Sri Mahashiva there is no higher mantra. Only the mantra Om Namah Shivaya (I give myself to Shiva) brings understanding of the mantra Om Shivo'ham (I am Shiva). The best way to worship Sri Shiva Parivar is to worship Sri Shiva, Himself. Srimata Parvati is Mahashakti of Sri Shiva, Sri Ganesha and Sri Kartikeya are the potency of Sri Shiva. Sri Shiva Parivar is identical to Shri Shiva in every way, the 5-syllabled mantra is declared to be identical to Sri Shiva. All other mantras lead to and come from the 5-syllabled mantra with the exception of the Omkara Mantra.

The 5 syllables of the mantra are the embodiment of the 5 forms of Shiva; Isana, Tatpurusha, Aghora, Vamadeva and Sadyojata, with Om embodying Shiva.

OM is Shiva.

NA is Isana; Isana's form is soul, the organ of action is ears, the organ of knowledge is speech, the subtle element is sound, the gross element is ether.

MAH is Tatpurusha; Tatpurusha's form is nature, the organ of action is skin, the organ of knowledge is hand, the subtle element is touch, the gross element is wind.

SHI is Aghora; Aghora's form is intellect, the organ of action is eye, the organ of knowledge is feet, the subtle element is form, the gross element is fire.

VA is Vamadeva; Vamadeva's form is ego, the organ of action is tongue, the organ of knowledge is anus, the subtle element is taste, the gross element is water.

YA is Sadyojata; Sadyojata's form is mind, the organ of action is nose, the organ of knowledge is the organ of generation, the subtle element is smell, the gross element is earth.
(This is further expounded in Shivapurana: Satarudrasamhita ch1)

This is the Jnana of the 5-syllabled mantra. More beneficial to the cause of Moksha than any other.

Jaishankar
27 December 2011, 01:13 PM
Pranams!

The names of Shiva are all identical in Shiva. Shiva is the highest name of Shiva embodying all other names.

Sri Shivapurana: Vidyesvara Samhita ch17 declares the greatness of the 5-syllabled mantra. (Om Namah Shivaya)

In the worship of Sri Mahashiva there is no higher mantra. Only the mantra Om Namah Shivaya (I give myself to Shiva) brings understanding of the mantra Om Shivo'ham (I am Shiva). The best way to worship Sri Shiva Parivar is to worship Sri Shiva, Himself. Srimata Parvati is Mahashakti of Sri Shiva, Sri Ganesha and Sri Kartikeya are the potency of Sri Shiva. Sri Shiva Parivar is identical to Shri Shiva in every way, the 5-syllabled mantra is declared to be identical to Sri Shiva. All other mantras lead to and come from the 5-syllabled mantra with the exception of the Omkara Mantra.

The 5 syllables of the mantra are the embodiment of the 5 forms of Shiva; Isana, Tatpurusha, Aghora, Vamadeva and Sadyojata, with Om embodying Shiva.

OM is Shiva.

NA is Isana; Isana's form is soul, the organ of action is ears, the organ of knowledge is speech, the subtle element is sound, the gross element is ether.

MAH is Tatpurusha; Tatpurusha's form is nature, the organ of action is skin, the organ of knowledge is hand, the subtle element is touch, the gross element is wind.

SHI is Aghora; Aghora's form is intellect, the organ of action is eye, the organ of knowledge is feet, the subtle element is form, the gross element is fire.

VA is Vamadeva; Vamadeva's form is ego, the organ of action is tongue, the organ of knowledge is anus, the subtle element is taste, the gross element is water.

YA is Sadyojata; Sadyojata's form is mind, the organ of action is nose, the organ of knowledge is the organ of generation, the subtle element is smell, the gross element is earth.

(This is further expounded in Shivapurana: Satarudra Samhita ch1)

This is the Jnana of the 5-syllabled mantra, more beneficial to the cause of Moksha than any other.

yajvan
27 December 2011, 02:12 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Here are 108 names of śiva found in the śiva aṣṭottaraśata nāmāvali.
Each name and its roots/meaning is defined your kind consideration.

HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3411&highlight=auspicious (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3411&highlight=auspicious)

praṇām

shian
27 December 2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you Yajvan ji

shian
27 December 2011, 09:39 PM
That is Amazing

we can get much Divine knowledge,
i still reading your explanation on the Names and Trisula (other thread)

anisha_astrologer
28 December 2011, 01:29 AM
There are numerous stories related to lord Shiva. in all the stories you will find that lord Shiva is the most innocent god of all and is easy to please. in fact he doesn't need regular worshiping and pampering. he just needs your unconditional love and faith.:)

shian
28 December 2011, 03:45 AM
Vanakkam,

Thank You Anisha for what you feel about Lord Shiva :)

But i is agree :)

His apperance , His cosmic sport etc, all is very unique, amazing
From Him, we can recognize the power of Maya

My english is not good , so i cant express more