PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist Temples

cmorel02
31 December 2011, 01:13 PM
Namaste all!

So I've been doing research on the dharma and I guess Buddha is considered a mahavatar of sri vishnu? Welp, since some consider him an avatar, I've decided to go to a Buddhist Temple here in Spokane, WA (since there aren't any Hindu Mandirs near by). I was just wanting your opinions on me going to the Temple...

Dhanyavad

Eastern Mind
31 December 2011, 05:26 PM
Vannakkam:

Spokane, eh?

One very long day's drive to Vancouver or up here in Edmonton. I see a road trip in your future. :)

Aum Namasivaya

Eastern Mind
31 December 2011, 06:01 PM
Namaste all!

So I've been doing research on the dharma and I guess Buddha is considered a mahavatar of sri vishnu? Welp, since some consider him an avatar, I've decided to go to a Buddhist Temple here in Spokane, WA (since there aren't any Hindu Mandirs near by). I was just wanting your opinions on me going to the Temple...

Dhanyavad

Vannakkam: Personally, I think it might give you a decent sense of things.. at least on being a reflective religion. There are a few Buddhist temples here but I've never been. There is even one or two monasteries.

We are dharmic brothers with Buddhists.

BTW, there is a small Hindu temple in Summerland, BC. closer to you than here. I've never been there, and my guess it was built by Punjabi Hindus in the fruit industry, as there are a lot of Sikhs there.

Aum Mamasivaya

shian
01 January 2012, 08:51 AM
Vanakkam,

I am Buddhist, but i will tell you that not all of Buddhist is respect Lord Vishnu. Buddhist is have many sect. Off course because we are devottee of Buddha, we have view that Buddha is highest.
Just like devotee of Ganesh will se Ganesh is highest.

But again, not all Buddhist can understand about Lord Vishnu, or even about avatar.

I am is one of Buddhist who can understand it and not have any problem with Hindu Dharma, anything i learn from my Buddhist scripture is not against Hindu, but all make me feel i just like another Hindu who have their own Istadevata. (Like Shaivaism have Shiva, Shakta have Shakti, Vaishnava have Vishnu). In my sect, we worship Buddha as highest , but when we see Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesh, Lord Vishnu, Mahakali etc, we see they are same with Buddha, is One, no any problem, only a Lila (cosmic sporrt).

But again, not all Buddhist.

So i recomended you to go to Hindu Temple if it is possible,
If it is imposibble to go, yes you can go to Buddhist temple for pray and homage (sometimes they will ignore person who coming in temple and homage or pray). But for disscussion, maybe you will find some different.

Anyway, Lord is not only in temple.