PDA

View Full Version : Is God really that compassionate?

blazingarun
02 January 2012, 12:29 PM
Some questions that I would like answered on a serious note!

If God is really that all compassionate, supernatural, beyond human realms of imagination and so on, why are we born?
If its only god or guru who can liberate us why not do it?
If its the prerogative of the god to give liberation and birth, why not use it for the benefit of the world? liberate us all!!
Why are we here in the first place if this is all Maya?

I have been through other threads here in HDF but am unable to find an answer which makes sense to me.
Any answer is welcome!

NayaSurya
03 January 2012, 10:27 AM

If God is really that all compassionate, supernatural, beyond human realms of imagination and so on, why are we born?
If its the prerogative of the god to give liberation and birth, why not use it for the benefit of the world? liberate us all!!
Why are we here in the first place if this is all Maya?I have been through other threads here in HDF but am unable to find an answer which makes sense to me.
Any answer is welcome!

Namaste and welcome to the forum.

I am a fool, so you can take or leave anything I post (as always).

1. Why does a parent have children? Is it out of lack of compassion?

A child is brought into this world to share, to Love...to learn...to experience...to grow...to know.

Compassion pours from a parent! Love, Compassion are found in the wellspring which is Beloved, Beloved Everything.

2-3. These questions come from an angle which I do not dwell...and I can see how frustrating it would be to think such things.

But, the truth is, a Portion of Beloved is inside of you...you chose to come here...you allowed yourself this body which is more of an anchor in this realm.
---

It is like a trip to Holiday World...

At the begining, every child is SO happy to be there and all day they enjoy it. Though, over time...too many funnel cakes and icecream make them wish for home.

But as their parent, I will not know they are ready to leave if they continue to ride on the rides?

So these children give indications. They gather close to my feet...and cross their legs....and this mother look down upon them and say...

Have you had your fill Beloved?

These children nod silently...and wait for the others to also have enough of this special place.

Soon all of them are gathered there at my feet at the fountain of clasped hands as I meditate and pray....in great gratitude for our moment here...and then we depart.

Removing ourself from this drama gives Beloved the indication we are ready for the next step.

Withdrawl...Beloved will come along to remove you also. But, I will say this one point of caution. You may never be able to remove yourself from this drama completely until the karma here is burned. You must often finish the job before you can fully withdrawl. If not, you may find yourself withdrawling, only to be pulled back into the deeper portions of this drama to learn something more. Over an over again you could be pulled until some day come and you are allowed to remain in silence.

4. This is a big question...why are we here?

You have to find your own answer for the true reason.

I can only tell you that we are here to fullfill our destiny...burn out the karma we lit...long ago...or not so long ago...

Once this happens the curtain between this realm and the higher becomes less heavy...and things will begin to trickle in to you. You may begin to see things which confirm everything you every hoped or believed.

Have faith and just keep swimming.<3

kallol
03 January 2012, 10:37 AM
Dear BA,

Welcome to this forum. The entry questions themselves are pointers to some preconcieved ideas you have already. Would like to know those ?

What is in your definition "God" ?

It would be easier to start from there.

wundermonk
03 January 2012, 12:13 PM
Hello blazingarun:

Welcome to HDF. Here are my thoughts.

I think you have some unstated premise here. From the wording of your question it appears that absent Maya, you would be fine if we are here. Is that your position?

In any case, the question of why we are here is the question that has been troubling philosophers from time immemorial. Every philosopher has his own answer for this. In reality, I think nobody knows. It is up to us to make the best of the fact that we ARE here. Different people have different answers to these questions. Whatever helps one sleep at night is valid for that person, I guess. ;)

In any case, the orthodox Hindu response is that we are here to work out our Karma - good and bad.

If its the prerogative of the god to give liberation and birth, why not use it for the benefit of the world? liberate us all!!If its only god or guru who can liberate us why not do it?

I dont think it is the "prerogative" of God to give liberation and birth. It is the prerogative of the Jiva [soul] to earn it. Our destiny is in our hands. God can only act as the common cause. God cannot be partial. Just like rain is the common cause of growth of plants of different varieties [rice, maize, barley, etc.] from seeds of different varieties, God is the common cause of creation. The Jivas grow and benefit from this act according to their inhering potential/Karma. This act of creation by God is itself an act of benevolence towards Jivas.

I think your question is, if God is all blissful - without any unsatisfied needs/desires - why does God create? The answer to this is that creation is an attribute of God. God has been creating universes going back ad infinitum. God probably has created, is creating, and will continue to create multiple universes as we speak. This is a natural attribute of God and (S)He never tires of this.

Also, it may be useful to keep in mind Hindu ontology: the number of Jivas is infinite. The number of cycles of creation going back are also infinite. Just as we cannot encompass all the cycles of creation, we cannot talk of liberation of ALL Jivas. This is just like saying that we will never run out of numbers. There are infinite of them. So, at the beginning of each cycle of creation, there are always infinite Jivas with unresolved Karma.

The following threads may be of help to you:

Thread 1 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=8033), Thread 2 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=8532)

Kismet
16 February 2012, 05:47 PM

I'll give it my best shot! :)

This really is an excellent question. One angle I think we should look at it from is: who are we in the first place? Are we all-knowing? If not, we were never liberated. If we were we would never fall sway to Maya by virtue of our nescience or imperfect knowledge. Hence, it is safe to assume we were always ignorant in some shape or form... from eternity! So from that perspective, taking birth should not strike anyone as odd.

This does only partially answer the question though. For even if were always in *beginningless* ignorance, why should not God/guru/Self liberate us right here and now? Furthermore, if God is co-eternal with us why could he not have removed the ignorance infinitely sooner?

Now here is where we get into the meat of the problem. Why couldn’t, after all, God simply in a flash of insight give us perfect enlightenment?

Look at it this way. Say a deva or some other representative of God came to you and handed you a special kind of switch. She told you that at the flick of the switch, omniscience would be achieved and automatically you would fall in devotion to God and be taken up to be with him. On the one hand you would be given everything auspicious. On the other, you would lose all attachments to your present friends, possessions, career, enjoyments, and so on. Would you turn the switch? They could not be similarly subsumed into your new divine life because they are simply not of that perfected nature so as to be taken up and assimilated. It’s like a puzzle piece that simply will not fit, no matter how hard you try to stick it in.

This also calls to my mind the figure of Matt Damon in the movie “Hereafter.” He is blessed with a supernatural gift that allows him to speak to the dead. But he doesn’t want it because it prevents him from leading a normal life. We are attached to our lives, whether we like it or not, and to depart it so facilely, even if the opportunity is occasioned, can be exceedingly difficult. God respects our free will, and so he does not give us unlimited realization because that would basically render our will void of meaning.

Because ultimately the world does not want liberation, and God cannot so facilely bother our free wills. God is gentle. He will not manipulate our minds in such a way that we no longer will be in possession of our true wants.

Furthermore, I think it is the case you have a one-sided view of realization. Perfect happiness is not merely endless pleasure (though it may be part and parcel of it, at some point). I would say true happiness lies somewhere between work and repose. A favorite quote of mine has it that the greatest focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity. Just so, perfect realization exists within the context of time, as well as time-lessness. This is non-duality. This is absolute truth. Omnipotence does not thereby do away with the natural order of things. Truth is ultimately beyond opposites, but opposites still exist, at various junctures and points within the fabric of reality and its timeless laws. You need freedom and necessity, purusha and prakriti. To answer the question "why" you also need to ask "why not."

Because Maya does not have a beginning for most souls. Even if we were originally situated in Goloka Vrndavan, we would not have departed to enjoy the material universe were it not that there wasn’t some trace of desire, some fearful speck of inadequacy that we were somehow not good enough to merit God’s love.

I have been through other threads here in HDF but am unable to find an answer which makes sense to me.

Any answer is welcome!

I hope I at least gave you something to chew on. :)
Namaste.

anamaya
17 February 2012, 06:21 AM
I think the concept of God in Sanathana Dharma is totally different than what is assumed in the first place. God is defined is Sarva Sakshi meaning he is the onlooker of all events. The person is responsible for his own actions. If he does good he gets benefits. If he does bad things he will reap its effects. Rishi Sir Yagnavalkya Bruhadaranya Upanishad says "Sadhkari Sadhu Bhavathi, Papakari papo Bhavathi; punyaha punyen karmana bhavathi, papaha papena" - the doer of good becomes good and the doer of evil becomes evil, it (soul) becomes virtuous through virtuous act and vicious through a vicious act. Br.Up 4.4.5)

If you pray to God what do you get? The God is not a shepherd and does not drive you into a good path, but gives you buddhi, the intellect and it is upto you to get out the situation or bear it with this buddhi. In the olden days when we were taken to Temples our mother used to tell us pray for Sad Buddhi meaning right intellect.

Again coming back to prayer, in times of difficulty prayer to God bestow him a moral strength to bear the problem and think coolly. If somebody has done a sin knowingly and he repents, he may get out with some punishment (judged by the karma and not God). All our puranas the bad guy at the time of getting killed prays for mercy and God does accept and bestows him with some thing or other.

We believe in rebirths. When a person dies all his acts of good and bad go with him to his birth. ( Again Rishi Sri Yagnavalkya says in Bruhadaranya Upanishad (4.4.2) "tham vigyanakarmani samanvarabethe purvapragya cha - Knowledge and work and previous impressions follow the self). A person is born again and again in this world and the effects of his acts follow him in all these births. If a person continuously strives to reach higher levels of moral and starts to pursue of path of purity and develop an yearning for leading a virtuous path as described in scriptures he becomes an elevated soul and ultimately he may attain moksha after which there is no rebirth.

Definitely God is kind and benevolent in the sense that he gives a person the necessary intellect to differentiate between good and bad and prayers to God helps a person to gain confidence to tackle the difficulties.

Satyamavejayante
19 February 2012, 07:48 PM
blazingarun;77353]Some questions that I would like answered on a serious note!

Let me try

We are born so our souls can attain Moksha (liberation), because Ishvar is all compassionate, supernatural, beyond human realms of imagination and so on

Because our knowledge of the Universe is not complete yet, and we have not realized the supreme on our own yet.

Ishwar does only what is best. It does not act arbitrarily.Our nature is such that the only way we can obtain Mukti is by dispelling ignorance. And the only way to dispel ignorance is by conducting actions. The only way we can keep practicing doing the right actions is by having an opportunity to take birth and obtain an environment which is best suited to our current level of competence. And Ishwar keeps doing so until we gain mastery and reach Mukti. So He is acting in best possible manner for us to obtain Mukti asap.

Ishwar being most intelligent does only what is the BEST. Ishwar helps get rid of illusions. So Ishwar will not create illusions. That is against His nature.

johans
18 March 2012, 05:46 PM
Why are we here in the first place if this is all Maya?I have been through other threads here in HDF but am unable to find an answer which makes sense to me.
Any answer is welcome!

Hello. I'm new here, but I'll have a go.

1. What is it about our existance that suggests God has not compassion, exists as a great state? Does this life seem a curse, a frustrating rubix cube, hence why you ask? No one can tell you why you were born, and all we know between speculation is that we exist to exist, what draws us ever forward is that thirst, reaching, yearning, perhaps for discovery, for someone, some claim they seek nothing at all, in which case its the simple blessing of existance, the enduring present. That doesn't answer your question, I'm sure, but I doubt the answer, should a single one exist would be black and white anyway.

2. Well, for me, liberation is granted by the one who seeks liberation, and it is not granted, it is simply unearthed. To go meaninglessly philosophical- find yourself, then surely you will find that which came from God, and in doing so see a likeness that can offer insight, and you will see the guru is but another reflection of what is within. No?

3. Who can genuinely speak for God's prerogatives/intentions? Who said liberation does not exist for the whole of the world? If you're crying for justice, I ask you to consider what justice really is, and what you, the concerned can do about it.

4. The irony is you are asking a question that is endlessly sought/foregone completely, are you really expecting an answer, or getting the ache of searching off your chest? Perhaps the answer lies in the finer details, right before your eyes, perhaps it does not exist.

Jainarayan
19 March 2012, 08:34 AM
Namaste.

Take this all with a grain of salt, as I am certainly not counted among the wise.

I once posed a similar question elsewhere:

When I first embraced Hinduism, or Sanatana Dharma, depending on one's labeling bent, I was pretty much a deist. I believed in an impersonal cosmic consciousness, of which we are a part, and ultimately return to. I was iffy about re-birth, but for argument's sake let's say I accepted it even then. One would say that I was Advaitin.

The question remains, whether deist, Vaishnava, Shaiva, Shakta, Smarta... why are we born? If we are part of God as Krishna, or Vishnu, or Brahman, or Shiva depending on one's belief as to who is the Supreme; and whether one is Advaitin, or Dvaitin, or Achintya BhedAbheda, the question remains in my mind, why are we born? Why does part of the Supreme take form in the material world and subject Itself to the cycle of birth, death and rebirth?

If, as Achintya BhedAbheda for example purports, this is like the rays of the sun, or the waves of the ocean, or the flame and heat of the fire, why would it take another form very unlike the sun, the ocean or the fire themselves. What has the jiva or atma, which is different in quantity, not quality from the Whole have to gain from "budding off" the Whole?

An answer I received is this:

If we start with the premise that creation isn't seperate to the creator, then all that there is, is experience. In this case everything (i.e. change in matter over time in space) is the experience of God Himself. Creation then is just the experience of God's being. All coming and going and all change is occuring to/within God.

As wundermonk points out, this has been batted around for centuries by the Wise.

Just some thoughts per Adi Shankaracharya and Advaita:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita#Theory_of_creation.3B_causality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta#Brahman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta#.C4.AAsvara

Īsvara ...

Now the question arises as to why the Ishvara created the world. If one assumes that Ishvara creates the world for any incentive, this slanders the wholeness and perfection of Ishvara. For example, if one assumes that Ishvara creates the world for gaining something, it would be against His perfection. If we assume that He creates for compassion, it would be illogical, because the emotion of compassion cannot arise in a blank and void world in the beginning (when only Ishvara existed). So Adi Shankara assumes that Creation is recreation or play of Ishvara. It is His nature, just as it is man's nature to breathe.

The sole proof for Ishvara that Adi Shankara gives is Shruti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veda)'s mentions of Ishvara, as Ishvara is beyond logic and thinking. This is similar to Kant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kant)'s philosophy about Ishvara in which he says that "faith" is the basis of theism. However, Adi Shankara has also given few other logical proofs for Ishvara, but warning us not to completely rely on them:

The world is a work, an effect, and so must have real cause. This cause must be Ishvara.
The world has a wonderful unity, coordination and order, so its creator must have been an intelligent being.
People do good and sinful work and get its fruits, either in this life or after. People themselves cannot be the giver of their fruits, as no one would give himself the fruit of his sin. Also, this giver cannot be an unconscious object. So the giver of the fruits of Karma is Ishvara. See, Karma in Hinduism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_in_Hinduism) for more information.

And then there is the Vishistadvaita addressing of the Lord's compassion and mercy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishishtadvaita#Regarding_Lord.27s_mercy

Regarding Lord's mercy

Vadakalai View Some positive gesture is necessary on the part of the jeevatma to deserve the grace of God, because He can be deemed partial if He grants Moksha to all both deserving and undeserving.

Thenkalai View Lord's grace is spontaneous. He grants Moksha to anyone who accepts Him alone as the means to attain it and has the ripened desire to attain it.

Personally I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between these two schools of thought. If jivatima makes "postive gestures" for the Grace of God and moksha, then it has the ripened desire to attain moksha.

I may be straying now. :dunno:

Believer
19 March 2012, 10:26 AM
Namaste,

BlazingArun,

May I suggest some chanting on a daily basis, some reading of scriptures, and meditation on the meaning of what you read and some respect for the deities. In due course, the answers will come to you. Or you may find the questions themselves to be meaningless when you see and experience the Lord. At purely philosophical level, while you are totally detached from divinity, no amount of information will satisfy your curiosity or remove your doubts. Blaze into the devotional mode Arun, and you will become wise enough to answer your own questions. No one here can adequately make you understand His purpose, His creation, His laws as long as you stand on the sidelines. Sanatan Dharma is an experience, not a subject of intellectual curiosity. Unless you jump into the water, you would never know how relaxing and cleansing it can be. Come join us on the path - start chanting/doing puja, visiting a mandir and doing daily study of scriptures. He will manifest Himself to you and tell you all that you want to/care to know. Our explanations pale as compared to what He can reveal to you. Ask the Higher authority. But for that, you have to prepare yourself and be worthy of His presence.

Pranam.

McKitty
19 March 2012, 06:34 PM
Hello,

I am sorry I cannot answer those questions, but I just read Believer's post and find it very inspiring.
The perfect answer to those questions are not easy to reach, I don't even know if this answer exist anyway. An even if you find an answer somewhere, I doubt it would clear every cloud in our minds.

As Believer said, I think it's all in the experience. Even if I'm new in practising Sanatana Dharma, I have learned that every Japa, every Pûja, every chant is an experience. Maybe I'm a bit of an emotional person too, who knows :D ! But every time I do a pûja to Lord Shiva and Mother Durga, I really feel joy bursting in my chest, I feel a really deep and shared love.

Meditating, reading scriptures or doing japa mala can really be very helpful, as you are calm and much open to Him.

Everything come with time and work ! I am sure He cannot stay deaf to those who seek Him. Cheer up, I wish you the best !

Aum Namah Shivaya~

NayaSurya
19 March 2012, 07:25 PM
If, as Achintya BhedAbheda for example purports, this is like the rays of the sun, or the waves of the ocean, or the flame and heat of the fire, why would it take another form very unlike the sun, the ocean or the fire themselves. What has the jiva or atma, which is different in quantity, not quality from the Whole have to gain from "budding off" the Whole?

An answer I received is this:

If we start with the premise that creation isn't seperate to the creator, then all that there is, is experience. In this case everything (i.e. change in matter over time in space) is the experience of God Himself. Creation then is just the experience of God's being. All coming and going and all change is occuring to/within God.

I didn't think you strayed and also i agree with your answer. If only one exist we could not enjoy this drama so well. Little drama to be had as a single One.

Also i think it goes to the heart of this question of compassion...As this Larger Portion, the most Wonderous...Beloved...The Perfect Whole...is very compassionate to all these lil Ones all mucking through these realms.

And back to my comment above.... when Beloved get an idea from us...a sign...after all karma is burn. Our actions are at zero balance...and we become still and sit waiting for that moment. Then He come to pluck us off the vine.

As we have become very ripe with this Truth.

Namaste,

BlazingArun,

May I suggest some chanting on a daily basis, some reading of scriptures, and meditation on the meaning of what you read and some respect for the deities. In due course, the answers will come to you. Or you may find the questions themselves to be meaningless when you see and experience the Lord. At purely philosophical level, while you are totally detached from divinity, no amount of information will satisfy your curiosity or remove your doubts. Blaze into the devotional mode Arun, and you will become wise enough to answer your own questions. No one here can adequately make you understand His purpose, His creation, His laws as long as you stand on the sidelines. Sanatan Dharma is an experience, not a subject of intellectual curiosity. Unless you jump into the water, you would never know how relaxing and cleansing it can be. Come join us on the path - start chanting/doing puja, visiting a mandir and doing daily study of scriptures. He will manifest Himself to you and tell you all that you want to/care to know. Our explanations pale as compared to what He can reveal to you. Ask the Higher authority. But for that, you have to prepare yourself and be worthy of His presence.

Pranam.

Most beautiful, and perfect advice. So good could be tattoo.:p

devotee
20 March 2012, 12:43 AM
Namaste BA,

Any answer is welcome!

Your concept of God is flawed and hence this question. An idea of God with a human-like body with grey hair and beard sitting somewhere on clouds is for the children and not very developed minds or just for the sake of easy perception. To answer these questions, we have to know what and who God is.

Anamaya has given quite a good answer. There is just one Reality (the Fourth state) which creates three MAyA-states. The Waking state (our gross world), the Dream state (subtle world before birth and after death and dreams, imaginations) and God-state or Causal state. MAyA is the nature of Brahman or Self which is the ultimate Reality. Due to Its (Brahman's) inherent nature/MAyA, the three states are being created. Why ? There is no reason. Why do we need to eat and don't survive by taking energy directly from the Sun ? There is no reason. Why our thirst can be quenched by water and not by air ? There is no reason. Why a woman gives birth to a child and why not a man ??? There is no valid "Why" which can have a valid answer, "Because". You may have some intermediate answer to a "Why" ... but it generates further "Why" ... and all the "Whys" cannot be answered ... so, there is no absolute answer to all these "Whys".

a)
So, why are you born ? ===> There is no answer. You are born as the MAyA has the power of creating three states and it has created those states where you too are there. So, there is no answer to, "Why So?".

b)
If its only god or guru who can liberate us why not do it? ===> This is all guided by the Laws of the three states. Every state of existence has its laws and all the three states are interrelated. MAyA is beginningless but it ends on Self-Realisation. The Self-Realisation of the beings in the two states is decided by the laws of the three states. This law doesn't have provision for liberating all just like that.

c)
If its the prerogative of the god to give liberation and birth, why not use it for the benefit of the world? liberate us all!! ===>

The answer is same as written above.

d)
Why are we here in the first place if this is all Maya? ===> It is due to MAyA alone that "you" are here. MAyA is the only reason.

sm78
20 March 2012, 03:16 AM
I am sure that now you are very satisfied with multitude of reply's to your questions. Although you have not outlined any ontological model except the notion of an all powerful entity whose methods seem defy on human suffering, we have created a false ontological model for you and then proceeded to destroy with our own superior nyaya, advaita, dvaita models. Yes this will solve all your problems!

Hope you have understood that your questions were wrong and your suffering is just a case of mistaken definition. Did not all your problems and questions vanish into thin air?

Maya3
20 March 2012, 09:07 AM

Any answer is welcome!

I'm a science minded Advaita Hindu, so my answers may be different than most (?)
I think God is energy, conscious energy, but I'm not sure if I can put attributes as compassionate and supernatural on him/her/it.

2, It's not as simple as that, we expanded out very quickly from a very condensed form, getting more and more attached to things as we went. It's not really a matter of having this done for us, it is for us to remember that We Are That.

3, Maybe it isn't, and maybe it is. But the universe is enormous this is only a tiny, tiny part of it and just a moment in the history of the whole universe.
I'm not sure if God makes decisions to benefit the world or not. I think it's up to us when we are here to do that, and use the energy within us to do this.

4, I guess it's for the same reason as I wrote to question 1, but the why we are here question is a BIG question. I don't know, it can drive you crazy trying to figure it out. ;)

Maya

kallol
22 March 2012, 05:10 AM
Blazingarun is gone but this thread is still blazing so thought to further contribute to this thread.

1. If God is really that all compassionate, supernatural, beyond human realms of imagination and so on, why are we born?

The definition of God varies. As scientist, I am more inclined towards advaita. The whole of the system is self contained and self propelled. At the highest level we have consciousness and lower levels we have subtle matter, gross matter, etc. all out of consciousness. The lowest level is the gross matter which also contain human beings. Being born and then dying is out of the natural cycle of the gross matter and the charateristics of the whole system. That cannot be altered almost. What matters most is the soul, as you may call or mind as we focus on. The quality of the mind is what decides whether the mind will enter a body or if yes which body.

2. If its only god or guru who can liberate us why not do it?

Teachers teaches us with hope but how many become good scientists or good artists or good engineers ? Alll depend on the individuals.

3. If its the prerogative of the god to give liberation and birth, why not use it for the benefit of the world? liberate us all!!

God does not give anything. We, by our karma, decide or choose to take birth or no birth. This karma leads to altering the state of mind, which in turn decides on the direction of pull towards another body. A neutral mind bereft of desire, ego, lust, etc will not get attached anymore. Though it is qite impossible to achieve that state.

I believe liberation from birth and death is in the knowledge that the feeling of "I", which is out of mind only, remains through out in sleep, unconciousness, coma or death. Death is a long sleep (state of unconsciousness) to the next body.

4. Why are we here in the first place if this is all Maya?

Maya again is a product of mind and has nothing to do with the constant changes in the lower form of the system. Though maya plays a big role in defining the karma.

All in all hinduism cannot be judges by hearsay but has to be thoroughly studied and understood and assimilated to know the science of life and matter

Aum namah Śivāya
09 April 2012, 12:18 AM

Any answer is welcome!

नमस्ते

I think you may misunderstand what liberation really is. We cannot be liberated without actually getting out of the way. Liberation is the death of self, the illusive self. Until that self is dropped, how can you be liberated?

Liberation is about surrender; surrender to God. It is an absolute joy to be united with God, but that joy can't be unless you drop the self. If there is self, then there is self and God. If there is no self, then there is God only.

We are here to learn, to grow, to overcome suffering.

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Rudy
09 April 2012, 02:01 PM
I've thought about this too.

Here are my thoughts: do to reincarnation you have as many tries as you need.
Also God lets you make your own choice he does not make that decision for us, Personally such a decision should be your own choice: want to stay on the ferris wheel of life or not?

Of course as God is all knowing he would know the best choice...:confused: In the end it's the way it is.

devotee
10 April 2012, 12:08 AM
Namaste Rudy,

Of course as God is all knowing he would know the best choice...:confused:

You have just hit the nail on its head ! Why are you confused ?

Leave everything to God and you will be relieved of making any choices and therefore would not be a party to the Karma for any action. So, no Karma would accrue to you. That is what Lord says in Bhagwad Gita.

However, is it so easy ?

OM

jasdir
10 April 2012, 06:23 AM
Considering.. that you want this question to be answered on a very serious note, and secondly this is a very expencive question, and relatively the answer is also very expencive, Firstly tell me that how much are you sure about that i can answer your question ?

If its only you who can liberate your 10 years old son to go anywhere ALONE with pocket full money ie: Amusement parks, school, market etc.. Why not do it ?

Well.. am not saying that you are not that much grown up for that, I just want to say that "we" are not that much grown up for that.:)

Because 95% of the people in this world don't want libration from this world because they are happy on earth with their childrens, property, body, money, beaches, sex, disco's, etc.. they don't want librartion, and the rest 5% are attached with that 95% due to deeds which they have to pay back to them before going back

Because maya is useless without us. :)

Keep on trying everywhere, everything.. nothing else a man can do, after all man is man and god is god. :)

Any answer is welcome!
Lets see.. :)

_/\_Jasdir.