PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kali ma.

Spirit Seeker
17 January 2012, 08:40 PM
Hi. I hope I am posting this in the right section, if not, forgive me and move it to a more appropriate one.

I am very attracted to this Goddess. I have done a lot of research. She clicks to me somehow. I strongly feel I need her in my life at this point and time even though I claim no religion.

I have read and heard stories that she gets angry when a Woman get's hurt and turns wrathful. Whether abused or killed.

My question is if this is true or not, and if so how would it apply under what circumstance? It hit me as I was reading, I am studying law enforcement at the moment, and intend to be a cop. There's bound to be a situation that regardless of gender, necessary actions must be taken.

If anyone has knowledge or experience or something to share I'd be more then grateful.

Thank you.:D

AmIHindu
19 January 2012, 08:14 PM
Namaste,

First of all let me welcome you to Hindu Dharam Forums.

You have not given any detail about yourself , I assume that you are not Hindu person.

I am very attracted to this Goddess.

How come you got attracted to Mahakali ? It is not about getting attracted it is about devotion.

I have done a lot of research. It is good that you have done good research.
Did you read Gospel of Sri Ramkrishna ? Please read, Sri Ramkrishna was a GREAT devotee of Mahakali.

I strongly feel I need her in my life at this point and time even though I claim no religion.
I have read and heard stories that she gets angry when a Woman get's hurt and turns wrathful. Whether abused or killed.
She is Shakti form. She is Power. She was angry with demons, demons where very much difficult to be killed by Devas, so all GOD created Shakti.
She was out to vanish demons, it was very difficult to calm Her down, so Shiv Himself slept on Her way, and She stepped on her and came to normal temper. But for Sri Ramkrishna, Mahakali was beloved and sweet and Divine Mother.

My question is if this is true or not, and if so how would it apply under what circumstance? It hit me as I was reading, I am studying law enforcement at the moment, and intend to be a cop. There's bound to be a situation that regardless of gender, necessary actions must be taken.
It is not guaranteed that as you are in Law Enforcement that is why you get attracted to Her and you pray her. It is also not necessary that She will help you whenever you need help. If you feel that She is not helping you on your job, then you may not be attracted to her, rather you may start to hate her. All GOD and GODDESS love us, but we are little more smart to give Them credit and debit as we per our profits and losses. So it is better to take slow, slow and real slow toward Mahakali. Devote Her, worship Her, Adore her like Sri Ramkrishna. Have faith, trust, devotion and love for GOD for love and devotion and not for any other purposes.

So do not mix up your Job and Devotion.

We get everything as per our Karma. So on your job whatever happens is going to be as per Karma. With that said, She can give you power and protect you also.

We just devote her because we love her and hope we love her more and more and more like Sri Ramkrishna.

There are some other member also on the HDF they will help you to understand more.

Amala
19 January 2012, 09:47 PM
Namaste,

Welcome. There are many different takes on topics like this. You may practice and interpret Hinduism however suits you. ...unless you choose to follow one of the traditions. Take all of our responses with a grain of salt and trust your sense of what Kali is for you. If you like, do research. Remember, each of us is a filter and can only speak through our interpretations. Some are well-read and can talk about books and others' paths. Sri Ramakrsna would be a great place to begin to research, if that's what you want to do. He was illiterate and in that way provides a great example to us to simply trust our own minds & experiences, even when others think we're nuts. Keep that in mind during your journey.

Btw, I had a really cool meditation the other night. For the very first time, Kali appeared and I connected with her. I too am attracted to her now. But, since this is new to me, I cannot guide you in terms of tradition. Sounds like you probably know more about her than I. It certainly was an intensely empowering experience for me!

Best wishes. I hope you'll keep us posted!

Peace

sm78
20 January 2012, 12:50 AM
Yes women are divine and you should treat them with out most respect. Nothing specific to kali or shakti sadhana, this also good old chivalry.

That doesn't mean women won't have bad or evil in them, which must be tackled . If in your cop duty, if you show much greater restraint with women, take abuse much more than you would from guys :) and become physical when only absolutely needed, you should be in her good books ;). Rules, conduct don't come at the expense of common sense - if a gal is pointing a gun at you Kali is not expecting you to stand and take it. IMHO.

Many people are attracted to her, so nothing peculiar about it.

Jainarayan
20 January 2012, 08:13 AM
Kali Maa is a good and loving mother, and like any good and loving mother She will protect all Her children, even when they are bad. But when they are bad, I believe She will let Her child, male or female take their punishment. So if, in the line of duty as a LEO, you must use deadly force on even a woman, I do not believe Kali Maa would hold it against you. Her child chose its actions.

cuddledkitty
20 April 2012, 08:04 PM
Well Kali is a goddess of death and time, equality in that sense. Being in the military business i worship in her name often making her one of my main Devi. So always think about what Kali would do for you. Are you dodging bullets often perhaps like the people i hire? Are you like me, the most powerful person int he family that happens to be a female? So i associate with Kali's divinity alot making her suitable for me.