PDA

View Full Version : Temple at Dera Ismail Khan

asad
21 January 2012, 02:09 PM
I am new to this forum. There is a temple or some sort of Hindu building at my home town of Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. Recently i visited it and took some pictures. See below. There is something written at the temple gate but as its in Devanagari script, i cannot read it.

Can any one please translate it for me. We here in Pakistan cannot read Devanagari script and would like to know what is written on it. Or is it in some other script ?

Roman english translation would do but should be comprehensive if not word by word. Any help would be much appreciated.

Believer
22 January 2012, 11:46 PM
Namaste,

It says, "Shree Raghunathji's Temple". I would assume it is a Shri Ram Mandir.
Then it gives details about the person who had it built and the year it was built in. The year is given in the Hindu Vikram Samvat tradition, and is 1686 (or is it 1989?). As a reference point, Vikram Samvat began in 57 CE and is followed today mainly by the Gujrati population in India. It seems to be a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ram.

Pranam.

PARAM
25 January 2012, 10:21 AM
मुझे तो लिंक में ही चालाकी लग रही है

wundermonk
25 January 2012, 11:52 AM
Knowing Mohammedans, [especially Porkies, who tend to act more Mohammedan than the Arabs themselves!], I am surprised that there are temples still in Pakistan.

Didnt Abraham (PBUH) go around destroying temples/idols, etc.?

If Abraham (PBUH) were alive today, he would have been the leader of the Taliban and personally overseen the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha statues.

Religion of peace. ;)

asad
05 February 2012, 03:01 AM
Thank you Believer for your precious input. Can you please also translate the name of the person who had it built ?

What does is state about this person ? Any more details.

I must say you did a very good job on the description and your comments were very helpful.