PDA

View Full Version : Norway child custody

sm78
23 January 2012, 05:35 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2820529.ece

When I first heard from my father in law I brushed it aside thinking that parents must be actually abusing the children as it would not be exactly uncommon, and the liberal scandanavian nation authority must be doing the right thing.

Now even by latest news all these seem very bizzare and an example of extreme cultural predujice. I even don't know whether this is really possible that you take away children because you think they are being over-fed, using hands to eat food or sleeping in the same bed with parents? May be it is more insane because it is scandenevia. No doubt people go crazy from time to time there. This is plain crazy, if it is true (I cannot completely rule out abuse, but no abuse is reported even by norwegian authorities except their own crazy definition of it).

I always felt the way children are braught up in germanic cultures I have seen is not very normal or healthy, but nothing serious. Untill I saw this. Hopefully there is more serious angle to it than "feeding by hand" or "sleeping in same bed".

Maybe those in europe can throw some perspective. Particularly who grew up in Eurpoe like sahas.

MahaHrada
23 January 2012, 06:05 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2820529.ece

When I first heard from my father in law I brushed it aside thinking that parents must be actually abusing the children as it would not be exactly uncommon, and the liberal scandanavian nation authority must be doing the right thing.

Now even by latest news all these seem very bizzare and an example of extreme cultural predujice. I even don't know whether this is really possible that you take away children because you think they are being over-fed, using hands to eat food or sleeping in the same bed with parents? May be it is more insane because it is scandenevia. No doubt people go crazy from time to time there. This is plain crazy, if it is true (I cannot completely rule out abuse, but no abuse is reported even by norwegian authorities except their own crazy definition of it).

I always felt the way children are braught up in germanic cultures I have seen is not very normal or healthy, but nothing serious. Untill I saw this. Hopefully there is more serious angle to it than "feeding by hand" or "sleeping in same bed".

Maybe those in europe can throw some perspective. Particularly who grew up in Eurpoe like sahas.

Liberal scandinavian society = hell on earth. They have the highest suicide rate on earth. There are almost no individual rights, everything is taken care of by society, the individual has the choice to sit at home and drink alcohol or he can commmit suicide. It will be only a matter of time and the majority will choose suicide :) considering the rising prices of alcohol. The aim of most egalitarian leftist societies is it to get the children into state custody as early and as long as possible to wipe out individuality, family bonds or traces of a distinct cultural identity. The perfect State must in the end completly replace the "imperfect" family or even bonds of friendship or self help, and one ideal type of egalitarian citizen is bred who is only allowed to have a very limited political correct worldview and access to very limited choices, information, or individual resources.

sm78
23 January 2012, 06:29 AM
Liberal scandinavian society = hell on earth. They have the highest suicide rate on earth. There are almost no individual rights, everything is taken care of by society, the individual has the choice to sit at home and drink alcohol or he can commmit suicide. It will be only a matter of time and the majority will choose suicide :) considering the rising prices of alcohol. The aim of most egalitarian leftist societies is it to get the children into state custody as early and as long as possible to wipe out individuality, family or traces of a distinct cultural identity.

Oh! and the american liberals behave as if it is a model of greatness on earth. more often than not you end up in company of people you don't like on many issues.

But all along I thought all this was just bad propaganda about scandinavia, because no body likes their affluency and "progress". But first the madman Brevick and now this bizzare case, I have to question my beliefs :)

MahaHrada
23 January 2012, 06:44 AM
Oh! and the american liberals behave as if it is a model of greatness on earth. more often than not you end up in company of people you don't like on many issues.

But all along I thought all this was just bad propaganda about scandinavia, because no body likes their affluency and "progress". But first the madman Brevick and now this bizzare case, I have to question my beliefs :)

I vividly remember a lady, wife of an old friend of mine, who i talked to , leftist liberal, who likes the swedish model of society, like they all do and was complaining how bad conservative Germany is, compared to sweden, just because she cannot start work right after having giving birth to her child but has to wait half a year for a place in child care, whining that way woman in right wing Germany are still not equal to man and badly discriminated against at the workplace.

After suggesting to her that getting a child usually means some sort of own responsibility and that one should think of the consequences maybe before getting pregnant, instead of accusing the govt. afterwards, she was outraged. After i said that i consider it degenerate to get a child and complain, and cry for govt help, when one cannot rightaway dump it in child care, after a few weeks full day care, i never saw them again:) probably because they thought i must be a right wing fanatic to belive that to have parents love them and grow up in a family is good for a child.

Just checked and found that the suicides rates in the nordic countries dropped considerably , probably the alcohol became cheaper :)

Sahasranama
23 January 2012, 04:10 PM

I don't actually know much about Scandinavian countries. I was following the news that in Denmark they are going to charge a fat tax. People will have to pay additional tax for food that the government considers unhealthy.

I have grown up in the Netherlands (not a Scandinavian country) with my Hindu parents feeding me with their hands. There are definitely predujices against cultural habits here, when we were little, the nurses from the health organisations and pre-school teachers told our mother that is was not healthy to feed us rice/ dahl during lunch time and that we had to eat bread. But luckily, we weren't taken away from our parents for this.

dustyroad
30 January 2012, 08:59 AM
I don't know about this particular case, but Scandinavia has free healthcare and education, top living standards with literally no poverty. I believe that's pretty good, considering standards are declining the world over.

Gotam
04 March 2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2820529.ece I even don't know whether this is really possible that you take away children because you think they are being over-fed, using hands to eat food or sleeping in the same bed with parents?

Namaste,

I am a European, and when my children were young, they slept with us, their parents. I had lived in African countries and my wife had read books about how children were brought up in other cultures. Our children hardly ever cried when they were babies, and they have grown up much happier than most Western children, I think. But on one occasion, we had a narrow escape from being officially suspected of child abuse for this. It is a very sad thing.

Of course, children should stay with their parents, even if the latter are depressive (besides, who will prove a depression?) and over-feed the kids. Separating them is a hundred times worse.

One of the main causes of the nazi cruelties in World War 2 is a book about child-rearing that was recommended to all German households at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th Centuries. In this book, mothers were advised to let crying babies cry - to teach them to obey and to "behave" from the outset. Generally, women had to behave counter-intuitively with their babies. The result was a nation of easily manipulated, depressive neurotics by the time Hitler arrived.

Nowadays, the Germans have changed, by the way, but Europe as a whole still has a long way to go to retrieve more unity with nature and union with God.

But how was this "unnatural", counter-instinctive indoctrination possible in the first place? I think it was prepared by the Christian idea that the human being is born sinful and has to be "freed" of this state, and hence, "freed" of his/her very nature.

It should be noted, however, that historically speaking, the opposite idea has also existed in Christianity, but in the 19th Century, this more humane idea was not relevant for mainstream Christianity.

I am amazed I did not hear anything about this in the media here (in Luxembourg). It is a very sad thing that these children should be the victims of a terrible cultural misunderstanding.