there is have one divine qualities of Lord Shiva is :

Daksa Yajna Vinasanam
The destroyer of Daksa's ceremony

i have read the story

but i dont know the deep meaning of destroy Daksa's ceremony

I believe this cosmic sport have deep meaning , inner and outer

so when we tell others about Divine sport of Lord Shiva, not only said :
He is destroyer of Daksa's ceremony

other people will dont understand, why this called divine sport...

:p

Need enlightenment from HDF brothers and sisters

Thank you

sm78
25 January 2012, 11:14 PM
I don't find much reward in trying to find inner meanings of puranas, there are other means to delve inner. The outer meaning is quite simple as the morals it outlines. Do not have too much ego, don't go by outer pomp and show, have humility etc etc. Some believe this story indicates the antagonism between the ancient Shaiva culture of India and the Vedic culture. I also believe so. But most important message for me is that yajna is fruitless without respecting the shiva within us. These are all simple outer meanings.

I don't perform vedic rituals and don't know about their efficacy (although I completely support the principle and aim of sacrifice - a key vedic concept). But I do believe the that vedic ritualism inspired outward paraphernalia (most common in south india, in north india people follow puranic religion and don't intermingle things) which has shadowed & obscured the inner rituals of shiva and shakti is fruitless and meaningless. I am digressing again :|

shian
28 January 2012, 01:45 AM
Thank You SM78 :)

saidevo
28 January 2012, 07:51 AM
namaste shian.

You probably have the answer here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090921063842AAGgRaG

shian
29 January 2012, 11:06 PM
Thank you Saidevo,

Yes, i like this esoteric meaning.

So , not only know the story (even the story is divine and holy)
but if someone hear it without know the esoteric meaning, they will feel like hear legend or myth of greek etc. And they will dont understand why God doing such activities and why that activites is sacred and can purify our mind ?

When we know the esoteric meanings, that will amazing, we will feel more deep more love to Lord.

I not said this is only happened in Hinduism, but also in Buddhism
many peoples is ignore the espteric meaning
example : In one sutra have one story about Gautam Buddha go to Heaven of Brahma and subdue the ignorance of Brahma.
Many Buddhist who dont know the esoteric meaning of this story, simply only think : "This is the story about superiority of our Buddha than Hindu."
They see Brahma as Hindu God.

But acctually story about subdue Brahma igorance is also appear in the story of Krsna !

people who dont know this will not have respect to Brahma

But if know the esoteric meaning, they will not see it as a way to insult Brahma. But they will respect Brahma and know this story is teach us to subdue our arrogance .

So many story need to understand their esoteric meaning, dont see that look like see a story about gladiator (subdue each others)