PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of the black birds

Believer
28 January 2012, 12:51 AM
Namaste,

Naya, are you anywhere close to La Grange, KY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ahhahWIZE

Pranam

NayaSurya
28 January 2012, 02:03 AM
Why Believer...yes I am. An hour as the crow fly?:p

I am far more rural...and these birds...all of them, would be welcome upon my acre. Just today we saw our birds returning and were very happy.

Wanted to come back here once I was less busy and add somethings.

Birds in Kentucky are special to me. Most native americans never lived in ky and considered it spirit ground, home of the Gods. So they came here, hunted and then migrated on. Birds such as these have been flocking in such ways since forever. We have them come to our home too...except we are surrounded by this spirit land and never have a problem. But, in LG this area was overtaken by the wealthy...it is close to the city of Louisville...and so was easy to commute...but keep out of the inner city problems. The housing boom for the wealthy in this area is compounded by a problem with the city school system which forces children of affluent areas to attend school in the poorest areas, and ships indigent children hours away to affluent schools. The exodus out of the inner city was tremendous.

So the birds, which once migrated to this spot yearly now get air guns to drive them away...when they naturally would move along. Ours do.

If humans could understand that every time they dry up a pond....or bulldoze a cluster of seemingly unimportant trees....it impacts the animals and their timeless patterns.

Things would be more harmonious.