PDA

View Full Version : hello! advice required please...

ghandarva
30 January 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi Prabhu's,

I was a member of ISKCON for 4-5yrs but got "burned out" so took a break for the past 15 or so years. I have always remained favourable to Hinduism which makes more sense to me than other religions and I still have Gaura Nitai dieties at home.

Just recently I have been going through problems, I am expecting a baby in April that won't live more than a few hours if that. I am planning cremation even though I have read that Hindu babies are buried. I still have a feeling that I must take the ashes to India.

Was wondering if anyone had been through something similar and what kind of karma am I burning off when I am fated to birth a baby that doesn't even have left or right brain hemispheres? (due to Trisomy 13 gene defect) what kind of Soul is born with no proper brain?

I am feeling as though it's less to do with the baby and more about me being forced into acceptance as well as build strength and endurance, traits I've never associated with myself or my actions. I guess it's also harder as this child is a much wanted baby girl and I am now 40, so the question afterward will be, should I try again?

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this or ideas for spiritual names, my sons name is Jai Narayan and I had always planned to name my daughter Vishakha Charan - but am still open to suggestion.

Even though I chant sometimes I find it hard to remain focused spiritually what with so much going on and such strong feelings surrounding this situation. I know that remaining is spiritual state of mind will help with my healing greatly but I am so easily distracted and often feel overwhelmed.

Any advice would be welcome.

Hare Krishna!

Mana
31 January 2012, 02:33 PM
Namaste ghandarva,

I am so very sorry to hear of your and your baby's plight, I feel some what ill equipped to offer any advice in your situation; I can only think to suggest that, here might be positive reasons behind such a short fleeting visit to this good earth, that yore little one has obtained moksha so very soon due to great karma, thus not needing to spend any time of service here.

If child birth and pregnancy are of concern; I should suggest you think also of adoption as a possible rout, there are so many children in this world in want of the care and the love of a family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in what must be a very trying time.

praNAma

mana

Aum Shri Ganeshaya Namah

AmIHindu
31 January 2012, 03:30 PM
Namaste Gandharva,

I feel sorry for you. May GOD give you strength to pass through your karma. We have to pass through our karma and only help we can ask from Shree Narayan is to be with us in bad time and give shakti-power to whatever suffering comes through Karma.

Our Nistha - Loyalty should be toward Shree Narayan and not ISKON. I am not sure what they do and how they do but if we keep our loyalty so any religious organization, sometimes we may get frustration but if we keep our loyalty to The Supreme then this frustration never comes.

I know that remaining is spiritual state of mind will help with my healing greatly but I am so easily distracted and often feel overwhelmed.It is always, not only for you but for all of us.
It is difficult to keep faith-trust-loyalty in such a time, but still we need to keep faith-trust-loyalty in Him. Hope Shree Narayan be with you and your baby.

charitra
31 January 2012, 05:39 PM
Namaste,

Cremation is fine from my personal standpoint. Some kind of scriptural override may be applied here. You know as much as I do neither Krishna nor Shiva would like you to suffer more than what you have been already going through.

Guilt is one such serious emotion one has to protect oneself from, for as much as it is reforming it can become a huge burden. Iam not sure if others agree with me on this, I say guilt beyond a measure is also an expression of ego. What is there in OUR small hands that we can change the course of any given situation, more often than not very little I’m afraid. I met many parents who raise severely mentally handicapped kids; especially seeing those who cannot have any form of communication with kids make me very sad. Life can be cruel and brutal at times. No wonder many wise hindus pray for no more future janmas.

The names you picked sound great. A Canada based (?) hindu society was offering a service to disseminate ashes of cremated relatives in India.

Sorry for your predicament.

satay
01 February 2012, 10:47 AM
namaste ghandarva,

Was wondering if anyone had been through something similar and what kind of karma am I burning off when I am fated to birth a baby that doesn't even have left or right brain hemispheres? (due to Trisomy 13 gene defect) what kind of Soul is born with no proper brain?

Any advice would be welcome.

Hare Krishna!

Please check your PM.

anirvan
02 February 2012, 02:21 AM
Sorry for your plight.

you could have done the amniotic fluid test for trisomy 13 in 1st trimster itself.

Anyway between burial or cremation in child hardly matters.

Such child comes with some karmic results to go after living in wombs.

God give you peace.