11 February 2012, 12:38 PM
I found this really intresting and the kid is only 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMnSzOEe1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

more on him:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadur_Bomjon

Necromancer
20 February 2013, 02:34 AM
Namaste.

I stumbled across this video yesterday, after watching a story about Prahlad Jani, who went for 65 years without food or water, living on sunlight and being able to make his cells 'photosynthesize'.

I watched the 'Buddha Boy' documentary with a fair degree of skepticism (about his brother's motives) and this was confirmed when the boy went 'missing' at the end of it all.

My gut instincts are telling me the boy had passed away.

Aum Namah Shivaya

McKitty
20 February 2013, 05:05 AM
Vanakkam,

He is still alive and I think he is in monastery or something....

"Buddha boy" is just a nickname the press gave to him. His true name is Ram Bahadur Bomjon (also know under the tibetan name Palden Dorje, it's his master that gave him this name)

He never had any attention to draw so much press and he never claimed to be Buddha's reincarnation....Don't fully trust those documentaries

He left because it became unbearable to meditate in those conditions. He is now teaching and meditating, and never asked donation, money or anything. He is also well known for his call to stop animal sacrifice in Tibet.

Despite his young age, he is an authentic young master and I hope one day he will become the great master he deserves to be.

Few young peple nowaday take monk ordination and manifest such a love for meditation and teaching

Aum Namah Shivaya

Amrut
20 February 2013, 05:28 AM
Namaste,

i too had a look at the video earlier. What I have encountered is that he talked in nepali.

So a search of 'buddha boy in nepali (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=buddha+boy+in+nepali)' gives results in which his hair is grown long. I think that he is back but chose not to be in public.

Aum
IS

ShivaFan
21 February 2013, 11:58 PM
Namaste

My wife speaks many Indian languages, including Nepali. So I played the "Speech of Buddha Boy" video, which was in the video links on the YouTube in which he recently spoke to the public, and she translated parts from what he said.

For some reason my wife heard and saw certains things that to her, even though he is speaking Nepali, he is actually Bhutani (e.g. from Bhutan) - there is definetly some Bhutani influence or direct relationship in him.

She was convinced that he was not only talking generally, e.g. on subject matters such as Living is a marg or way to Salvation (as much as leaving life), and giving hope that all misery be lifted, that one should praise Bhagavan, but also he was reciting some ancient texts and not just his own pronouncements.

One message was that "humanity" (that is how my wife translated it) can also be "truth" and there is "a road in humanity", if this road is taken it can go different ways but also towards "Supreme Dharma".

He was also saying that the "divine" comes in "many forms" but also (hard to put into English, but ...) "looks out at (us) in many ways".

Humanity has a road called riddhi and siddhi, if you look.

Most of it was expressions of peace, the "marga" way, and that in fact there is an "ability in humanity" if we use the "marga" or way correctly.

Om Namah Sivaya

Amrut
22 February 2013, 01:33 AM
Thank you ShivaFan (and to your wife) to translate the message of A buddhist Saint.

Aum
IS