PDA

View Full Version : Who says we can return?

yajvan
14 January 2007, 12:53 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~
this is an extention of the reincarnation post... adding some of the information of resouces, suggesting the various stations referred to in one of my posts: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=77&page=10
FYI - so far, I have met one person that knew of his last station. He was humble about his experince, and did not brag, or bring his experience up on his own. I have been asking others now for the greater part of 50 years, of who recalls their last birth (or any past birth?). The uncanny part of his experience was he remembered the 'in between time' - before returning to Bhu loka.

From the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, Saririka-brahmana
"As a goldsmith taking a piece of gold moulds it into another newer and better pattern, even so This SELF, verily striking this body down, having attained the state of senselessness, makes yet another newer and better pattern, either in manes, or gandharvas or gods, or prajapati or brahma or other beings."
This suggests the migration of SELF to another plane/position/being is possible and happens.

It continues in the next sutra:
"As one does, as one conducts, so does s/he become. The doer of good becomes good, the evil-doer becomes evil. One becomes meritorious through merit, vicious through vice. But Some say this person is identified with the desire only. As he is desirous of, so does he resolve; What s/he resolves that s/he works, what s/he works upon that s/he attains."

The next sutra then describes the fate of the Self-realized and what happens to these blessed souls. I will leave this to your reading if you care to pursue.

The Upanishads, the Mahabharata and the Bhagavad-Gita discuss where a person goes based upon the time of year - specially, where the suns path resides ( North direction or South direction) during ones death. Its said that Bishma (in the Mahabharata) waited on a bed of arrows (due to being shot by Arjuna) for the sun to take its northern path (called Uttarayana) before dropping the body.

pranams,