PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Leena
11 March 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi, everyone. I joined a few weeks ago, but didn't know how I wanted to introduce myself. I feel that now is the time to do so.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to learn from everyone. When I was still a youth, I had given up on the possibility that there could be a higher power because I didn't agree with the Christian view of the world. With the Christian view being the only view I had known, I felt that I couldn't believe in God. My views changed overtime, and I welcomed God back into my life from my own perspective. A few months ago, I read the only book that my city's public library had on Hinduism, and immediatly felt the connection I had been hoping to have. I feel close to Vishnu, and even though I don't know much of Krishna, I feel close to him as well.

I love what I have learned so far, and everytime I read anything from the Hindu scriptures, I feel a surge throughout my body that goes from head to toes. That may sound odd, but it's true. I can't wait to learn from everyone.

Leena

wundermonk
12 March 2012, 02:50 AM
Hello Leena, Welcome aboard.

There are lots of discussions here about Vishnu/Krishna that you will find to your interest.

Regards.

Aakriti
12 March 2012, 02:58 AM
Hi Leena:

I'm pretty new here too. I welcome you to HDF, and I'm confident that you will find this wonderful community to be as helpful and supportive as I have.

Welcome! :)

Aakriti

devotee
12 March 2012, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the forum, Leena ! :)

OM

anirvan
12 March 2012, 05:09 AM
welcome leena to HDF ,a light beacon in the sea of darkness.log in regularly and also read lots of gems of posts from begining.ask whatever doubt,your thirst for knowledge will be definitely fulfilled a great extent.

kallol
12 March 2012, 06:34 AM
Dear Leena,

Wish you a life enhancing learning and growth in the spritual path.

Mana
12 March 2012, 01:57 PM
Namaste Leena,

Very pleased to meet you; every thing has its time. We are certainly in no rush, welcome to the forum.

praNAma

mana

Eastern Mind
12 March 2012, 04:58 PM
Hi, everyone. I joined a few weeks ago, but didn't know how I wanted to introduce myself. I feel that now is the time to do so.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to learn from everyone. When I was still a youth, I had given up on the possibility that there could be a higher power because I didn't agree with the Christian view of the world. With the Christian view being the only view I had known, I felt that I couldn't believe in God. My views changed overtime, and I welcomed God back into my life from my own perspective. A few months ago, I read the only book that my city's public library had on Hinduism, and immediatly felt the connection I had been hoping to have. I feel close to Vishnu, and even though I don't know much of Krishna, I feel close to him as well.

I love what I have learned so far, and everytime I read anything from the Hindu scriptures, I feel a surge throughout my body that goes from head to toes. That may sound odd, but it's true. I can't wait to learn from everyone.

Leena

Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF, and welcome home.

Depending on your city, there may well be more Hinduism around than you know. Hindus aren't religious advertisers. :)

Aum Namasivaya

Leena
14 March 2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you all for making me feel welcome.

Amala
15 March 2012, 03:32 AM
Namaste Leena,

Welcome to the forums!! :)

Maya3
15 March 2012, 10:18 AM
Welcome Leena!

Maya

Obelisk
16 March 2012, 09:07 AM
Namaste and welcome, Leena! :)