PDA

View Full Version : PALITANA - The Jain Pilgrimage Center

Believer
18 March 2012, 09:11 PM
Namaste,

Over 850 Jain temples are located on a rocky hill in Palitana, Gujrat, the largest Jain temple complex in the world.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jain+temples+palitana+gujarat&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GL8&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=_ZJmT8bYBYeuiAKxhZikBg&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1121&bih=472

Pranam.

Maya3
19 March 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks for sharing, these are incredible.
I love architecture, especially religious.

Maya

Eastern Mind
19 March 2012, 08:28 AM
Namaste,

Over 850 Jain temples are located on a rocky hill in Palitana, Gujrat, the largest Jain temple complex in the world.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jain+temples+palitana+gujarat&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GL8&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=_ZJmT8bYBYeuiAKxhZikBg&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1121&bih=472

Pranam.

Vannakkam Believer: This place must go pretty unadvertised. I'm thinking that would be on purpose - to keep it off the tourist track. But very beautiful, yes. Have you been?

Aum Namasivaya

Ramakrishna
19 March 2012, 09:04 AM
Namaste Believerji,

Thanks for sharing this, it is so resplendent. Surely India always has and always will have the most beautiful architecture in the world.

Jai Hind!

Believer
19 March 2012, 10:46 AM
Namaste,

Vannakkam Believer: This place must go pretty unadvertised. I'm thinking that would be on purpose - to keep it off the tourist track. But very beautiful, yes. Have you been?
No I have not been there. In fact, I found out about it through an email that I received from a Gujrati friend of mine just yesterday. It indeed is a splendid complex. If I go there, my mode of transportation to get to the top is shown in the 5th picture on page 5, in the link provided. :)

Pranam

Mana
19 March 2012, 11:54 AM
Namaste

Beautiful, they are so delicately sculpted; thank you for sharing.

praNAma

mana