PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

satay
25 March 2012, 02:56 PM
namaste,

I would like to bring your attention to your 'signatures'. Please give your signatures a second thought. Flashing signatures could be annoying to other members. Large icons and pictures in signatures are annoying. Long signatures are annoying as well. Sometimes I see a post that has one line in it but has 10 lines of signature below it! Large, flashing, long signatures take away from what you are trying to say in your post.

Please reconsider what you want to say in your signature.

Eastern Mind
25 March 2012, 03:06 PM
Please reconsider what you want to say in your signature.

Vannakkam: Does this mean those of us with no signature have nothing to say?

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
25 March 2012, 04:49 PM
Namaste,

Does this mean those of us with no signature have nothing to say?
No, that simply means that we are poor, our wardrobe consists of sleeveless shirts, and that makes it impossible for us to wear 'what we have to say' on our sleeves. ;)

Pranam.

NayaSurya
25 March 2012, 05:27 PM
Since i only know of one flashy sig, i am sorry if my flashing sig annoyed someone. That was the reason i made it a very slow rate to not be anoying. It seemed pretty to me.

However, you are more important than pretty image and I will take it down right now.

Beloved, it is so funny...apparently my browser makes the images still...so i can not see others flash.

But, i still bend Beloved...despite mine not being the only one. Because you are precious to me, all of you...and if even my very breath were to offend you...i would cut it off.

With all my heart.

Hari om Beloved<3

satay
25 March 2012, 08:36 PM
namaskar Naya,
Actually I didn't notice that your signature had an animated pic in it. I noticed new members that register were putting them on so this message is mainly for new members. But thanks for updating your signature too.

saidevo
25 March 2012, 10:18 PM
namaste everyone.

A picture is worth a thousand words, of course, but on the Internet, it needs to small in size of bytes, so it does not occupy much space on the server or take much time for the browser to download and display.

Along with Satay's necessary prescription for signatures, let us also take note of another common mistake:

Some of us habitually click the 'Quote' button while replying to a post, and quote the entire text although where the text is long, we might be replying to only a small part of the quote. Since our posts are all usually saved as individual html files on the server's hard disk, this consumes avoidable enormous space, so let us quote only that portion of the text to which we reply.

Here is a shortcut to clicking the 'Quote' button habitually:
Embed these start and end tags where a quote should appear in your reply and then copy-paste the text inside it.

[ Quote=atanu;50082 ]
[ /Quote ]
(Remove the blank space near the square brackets.)

In this example, '[ Quote ] and '[ /Quote ]' are start and end tags (case-sensitive), atanu is the userid which ends with a semicolon and the number after it is the post-id, which can be obtained by placing the mouse pointer on the post count.

Since Satay is giving us a free place/space on the Net to express our religious and spiritual thoughts about Hindu Dharma, let us not strain his resources.

devotee
25 March 2012, 10:38 PM

:):):)

OM

charitra
26 March 2012, 08:04 AM
Please keep your signatures as is.
Yes. This is a hindu forum and imagery is a serious part of the dharma as we all know.Expressions can be of different forms and images are one such. :)
Let those who dont have any signatures say what they want before we ask the signature group to cut their image size. I dont want to look at a monotonous word document here.

As an example if i may quote just today's Jaimadurga and Spiritual seekers' images look so thrilling and lifting ( all othrs' are good as well, iam writing 2 names here) . After all most posters are photoshy like myself, would it not be great to have some at least express their joy and self assuredness openly. It is not really that annoying if you ask me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Mindhttp://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=80721#post80721)
:):):)

Jainarayan
26 March 2012, 08:13 AM
If I might venture a suggestion:

Under User CP, Options, there is a box to check or uncheck Show Signatures.

Even abiding by satay's request and keeping signatures "reasonable", if someone feels a signature is still too big or takes too long to download (if a picture), uncheck the box.

c.smith
26 March 2012, 03:44 PM
Hari Om!

A possible solution? How about customizing your avatar instead of all the glitz and flash? Some already have. Just an idea.

Jai Jai Hanuman!