PDA

View Full Version : sādhaka forum

yajvan
27 March 2012, 08:17 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté
(thinking out loud)

Here is one thing I'd hope HDF would be able to grow into over the next 5 years if there was the need and desire. A sādhaka forum. It would be for those aspirants that are on the path, sometimes called adhikārī-s ¹ or adhikārian-s.

The purpose would be to elevate one's knowledge and experience that directly relates to a person's spiritual practice or experiences. The key here is to uplift, support and promote. The other purpose is to share experiences that one has and ask others if they too have simular experiences. This is quite benefical for discussion purposes.

First ( IMHO ) it would be for those that are serious ( vs. window shopping). Entry to this forum would require no less then 2 to 5 years of daily spiritual practice. We would look for those that can offer knowledge & experience that have been on the path for some 10+ years. We would encourage those who can guide and add insight that have been unfolding their full potential for more then 25 years. This would be the Senior Group; there to help , offer insight, ideas. It would not be a forum of debate. This can be left to gather within the HDF-proper body of discussion.

It would be key that upon entry to this type of forum , one's ego would be left at the door. The orientation will be that of simplicity. Before entering the person would offer what they practice, how they came to this practice, how many years, how often (daily) this is done, if one has a guru, teacher or guide, and what their experiences have been. Relatively gemane information without offering any thing that would be uncomfortable.

What of junior members ? This could be possible, yet I would avoid co-mingling Sr. aspirants with beginners. It brings confusion to the new commer ( as I have found). Something could be worked out if there is a demand for this and perhaps a coach could be assigned.

I can think of lots of subject matter that could be discussed but will leave this for another time.

... again, I am just thinking out loud. The perfect person to head up this forum is no longer with us (sarabhanga) but would look for one of this caliber and quality.

praṇām

1. adhikārī : adhi = concerning + kārī = effort , exertion or one expending effort, a seeker