PDA

View Full Version : Beware non-vegetarians !

devotee
28 March 2012, 05:20 AM
Namaste,

I found this article on Rediff News. May be it helps some of us who are fond of Non-vegetarian food.

Pink slime of animal leftovers goes into US burgers:

Take a cow. Chop it into pieces. Sell the edible bits to supermarkets, ship its hide to a handbag factory, send leftover bones and organs to a rendering plant. Now, what's left? In most of the developed world, the answer is simple: pet food.
The sinew, gristle and fat regarded as unfit for human consumption are taken away by Mr Pedigree Chum and turned into something the salmonella-resistant stomach of your average Labrador will find vaguely digestible. But in America, they do food differently.
Here, in the land of GM corn, 26 per cent obesity and a government which classifies pizza as a "vegetable", scientists have discovered a way to turn bacteria-ridden scraps from the abattoir floor into a substance called "pink slime", which is then sold to unwitting consumers of hamburgers, tacos and other beef-based junk products.

OM

McKitty
28 March 2012, 06:10 AM
When I see this kind of thing in America, I'm happy to live in Europe...But it's awful.
Meat is not the only thing the industrials use to trick people and make more money with less healthy things: take GM vegetables and cereals. It's really, really bad and I can't understand why people accept it so easily.
Seems like the new rule of food now is : you want something reaaally good ? Make it yourself.

Aum