PDA

View Full Version : Happy Rama Navami

ShivaFan
31 March 2012, 11:47 PM
Thisis the celebration of the birth of Lord Rama, and for the next 9 days therewill be celebrations to mark Ram Navami. Rama is the Perfect Man – I have been taught that he is 1 part human and1 part Deva. Of course being one part Deva, Ram is also 100% Deva andBhagavan at the same moment, which is not a contradiction. Yet, Ram feels close to humanity as well andis part of us. He is the eldest son ofgood King Dasarath of the Solar Dynasty, from the sacrificial fire during aRoyal religious rite there came a glorious angel who gave the sonless Kingsacred nectar or honey. Half of thissacred nectar the good King he gave to his wife the Maharani Kausalya, and soRam revels as half Deva and half Humanity. And a quarter of this magic and divine honey he gave to his wife theRani Kaikeyi of whom was born Prince Bharata as three-quarters Humanity and onequarter Deva, and the remaining fourth part the good Maharaja gave to Sumitrathe Love of the Palace and Rani from which there were two holy Sons, ourbeloved Lakshman the great and loyal Brother of Ram and thus the Brother of AllHumanity and the beautiful one called Satrughna.

Happy Rama Navami! And how will YOUcelebrate? Rama is very close toHumanity, even though we did not honor his Wife the Mother Sita who due to ourignorance was still suspect and left the World. How stupid we are, yet Ram is ready to live in our heart and is part ofus all.

It is Ram who lives in the heart of Hanuman. You also have a heart. Let Ramalive in your heart as well! Happy, happyRam Navami 2012! Ram loved and lovesGood Shiva, and I think of Shiva on this day as well! I think of Devi. I hope that my mind will be one mind, onehead, not Ten Heads, not ten different directions, free on this day.

Believer
01 April 2012, 12:35 AM
Namaste,

Happy Ram Navami to all. May the Lord watch over you all the time!

Pranam.

JaiMaaDurga
01 April 2012, 01:36 AM
Namaste Brian,

Lord Rama's most wondrous lesson to me has always been this;
though Ravana's every word and action signify to all others nothing
but the height of greed, arrogance, violence and villainy, after all is
said and done, Lord Rama looks upon His defeated enemy, and sees
the great good, the nobility, strength, and courage, that had been
twisted, buried by Ravana's path, choice by choice. Just as Ravana's
armor and boons were in reality a prison and poison, only Lord
Rama could free him, and only in death and defeat could Ravana
realize the truth of his existence.

Of course, the whole world celebrates when demons are slain-
but, just as Mahishasur gives thanks and praises Maa Durga
at the final moment, so too does Ravana realize the greatness of
the gift Lord Rama has given...

JAI MATA DI

Ramakrishna
01 April 2012, 01:37 AM
Namaste,

Happy and blessed Ram Navami to all!

Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram
http://media.radiosai.org/journals/Vol_04/01JUL06/images/FeatureArticles/collapse-of-calumny/rama.jpg
Jai Sri Ram

Mana
01 April 2012, 02:43 AM
Namaste Brian,

Thank you for your thoughts and knowledge in this informative posting, happy Rama navami all!

praNAma

mana

Leena
01 April 2012, 07:19 AM
Happy Rama Vavami

Believer
01 April 2012, 10:48 AM
Namaste,

To make any other posts in this section of the forum which make this thread drop to second place on this sacred day is sacrilegious. :)

Please help keep this Ram Navami post at the top for the Ram Navami day. Thanks.

Bolo, Ram, Laxman, Sita Mata ki jai!
Bolo, Hanumanji ki jai!

Pranam.

Ramakrishna
01 April 2012, 03:14 PM
Namaste all,

A lovely rendition of Sri Rama Raksha Stotra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZrXQJbqbU

I heard somewhere that Ram Navami is even more auspicious when it falls on a Sunday, the day of Surya, given that Lord Rama was a descendant of the Sun Dynasty.

Aum Suryaya Namah
Jai Sri Ram

Friend from the West
01 April 2012, 08:01 PM
Hari Om

Believer, hear you. Think others may have something to say throughout night, but for second, this thread will be back to topwhere it belongs. :)

Brian, thank you very much for posting this.

JMD, may I have permission to copy this, that you share?

Ramakrishna, that is beautiful. Thank you for this offering.

Om Shanti

FFTW

JaiMaaDurga
01 April 2012, 08:06 PM
Namaste FFTW,

I am flattered you would wish to- certainly you may!

JAI MATA DI

Friend from the West
01 April 2012, 08:13 PM
Hari Om

Jai Maa Durga,

Thank you very much for this. To all, Happy Rama Navami.

Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram Om

FFTW

shian
02 April 2012, 01:17 AM
Jai Sri Ram !

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Sri_Rama_Raksha_Stotram

Ramakrishna
19 April 2013, 04:17 AM
To my brothers and sisters of HDF. May Lord Rama bless and guide us all to greatness!

http://bhaveshpatel.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Happy-Ram-Navami-Festival-2013.jpg

Jai Sri Ram!

jignyAsu
19 April 2013, 08:58 AM
I wish everyone in HDF a very Happy Rama Navami!

Ganeshprasad
19 April 2013, 12:06 PM
Pranam

Happy Ram Navami

Shree Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram

Jai Shree Krishna

Viraja
19 April 2013, 02:06 PM
When did 'Shaivas' start celebrating Rama Navami that this message should be in the 'Shaiva' forum?

Or did Vishnu or Rama become Shaiva? :cool1:

Ganeshprasad
19 April 2013, 02:49 PM
Pranam

I must admit I did not check what part of forum this was posted on, not that it matters, could have been posted as an announcement, most Hindus celebrate Ramnavmi.

Jai Shree Ram

Vitani
19 April 2013, 03:16 PM
Happy Rama Navami!

Jai Shri Ram!

ShivaFan
19 April 2013, 05:47 PM
Namaste ~

Happy Ram Navami!

ALL Glories to Mother Seeta! Victory to Lord Ram, Jai Ram Raj!

HAIL Lord Hanuman!

Ram teaches me to worship Lingum, Jay Ram!
Shiva looks out from the Eyes of Hanuman, Jay Ram!
Sita is from the bossum of our Earth, Jay Ram!
May the Solar Dynasty Shine, Jay Ram!

Om Namah Shivaya

Eastern Mind
19 April 2013, 06:30 PM
Pranam

I must admit I did not check what part of forum this was posted on, not that it matters, could have been posted as an announcement, most Hindus celebrate Ramnavmi.

Jai Shree Ram

Vannakkam: I don't. Nor does the temple I frequent. But in the spirit of Hindu Solidarity, Happy Ram Navami to those who do. :)

Aum Namasivaya

kundanghanekar
20 April 2013, 05:13 AM
Bolo siya var ramchandra ki jay,happy ram navmi.
Har har mahadev

Satyaban
14 May 2013, 11:50 PM
Vannakkam: I don't. Nor does the temple I frequent. But in the spirit of Hindu Solidarity, Happy Ram Navami to those who do. :)

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste
I agree with you and Viraja. How can a devotee of Lord Shiva celebrate incarnations of Vishnu when I don't believe in incarnation of Shiva. The Ramayana is a beautiful Epic and illustrates spiritual truths but it is a story.

I do not begrudge anyone their beliefs but I am not a liberal who will mix our philosophies. I recognize the commonalities but also do not blur the differences. Lord Shiva is in all and there is nothing without Shiva so we are all Shiva and there is no need for incarnations.

Vitani
15 May 2013, 06:00 AM
Maybe it was just put in the wrong forum?

Namaskar

Suhita
31 March 2016, 07:02 AM
Namaste all,

Happy Sri Rama Navami 2016 (http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/ram-navami.html) in advance because almost 15 days left in this festival.. Anyway Rama devotees might have started preparing for ram navami puja because lord Rama is one of the most significant deities for them.