PDA

View Full Version : Gnostic Christians the Original Christians

Spiritualseeker
01 April 2012, 11:00 AM
Namaste,

Here is a good interview with a Gnostic writer who along with Peter Gandy have written works showing that the original Christians were Gnostic and that they viewed the vision and story of Jesus as an allegory for Spiritual truths such as Enlightenment. http://youtu.be/orPuzjxU9gE

Om Namah Shivaya

Spiritualseeker
01 April 2012, 11:03 AM
Here are some of the books written by these authors:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Mysteries-Original-Pagan/dp/0609807986/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333296097&sr=8-1 The Jesus Mysteries: Was the "Original Jesus" a Pagan God?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Laughing-Jesus-Religious-Gnostic/dp/140008279X/ref=pd_sim_b_2 The Laughing Jesus Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom

Om Namah Shivaya

Sahasranama
01 April 2012, 11:33 AM
I have recently converted to Christianity, so this type of information is all very interesting to me now. Someone knocked on my door and convinced me of the superiority of Jesus Christ. Keep it comming, if we have enough members join us maybe we can baptise this forum to Christian Dharma Forums.

Spiritualseeker
01 April 2012, 11:36 AM
Hehe, I do not think this will convert people, but it is good information to show that the early Christians were people who focused on Self Realization. It would be a better world if these Christians were the dominant, but unfortunately political power turned the Christ myth into an all or nothing thinking and now is a plague of Earth. Christianity is nothing unique. It is a combination of different Self Realization mystery traditions that were shared amongst the Pagans. Learning about these things allowed me to have closure on letting go of my old beliefs of a 'monotheistic' deity. I am very fortunate to have come across this information. Om Namah Shivaya :)

Om Namah Shivaya

satay
01 April 2012, 08:02 PM
namaste,

I have recently converted to Christianity,

Good luck with your new faith.

Keep it comming, if we have enough members join us maybe we can baptise this forum to Christian Dharma Forums.

There is already a forum called christian forums, they are missing the dharma but you can go to their forums and teach them the missing piece and convince them to add dharma to their title.

Believer
01 April 2012, 08:34 PM
Namaste,

I have recently converted to Christianity,
Praise the Lord. One more pagan 'patthar pujari' soul has been saved from eternal damnation. ;)
That leaves 1 Billion minus one more to go.

Pranam

Caltha
01 April 2012, 10:49 PM
Namaste,

I do notice that Sahasranama has shared this important news on the 1st of April, and I wonder if there is any special reason for that?:p

charitra
02 April 2012, 11:32 AM
he got his rice bag and ten dollars, and... promptly he converted:)

I do notice that Sahasranama has shared this important news on the 1st of April, and I wonder if there is any special reason for that?:p

sanjaya
02 April 2012, 01:59 PM
I have recently converted to Christianity, so this type of information is all very interesting to me now. Someone knocked on my door and convinced me of the superiority of Jesus Christ. Keep it comming, if we have enough members join us maybe we can baptise this forum to Christian Dharma Forums.

Heh, point taken. Personally I don't like any kind of Christianity, Gnostic or otherwise. Gnostic Christianity is just one step away from Hinduism and one step towards evangelical Christianity (which is the worst kind).

Spiritualseeker
04 April 2012, 07:25 AM
Namaste,

I agree sanjaya my purpose is to just share information concerning the path of Gnostic Christianity, because the literalist christians of today think that their path is something original whereas the gnostics were "orthodox" before the literalist came upon the scene. It also reveals the pagan roots of their doctrines. For me I love the Dharma and Sanatana Dharma is the path for me.

Om Namah Shivaya