which allow me to share my thought
openly.

wundermonk
04 April 2012, 02:22 AM
Welcome to HDF.

May Allah give you the right path.

What would this be?

I am Akram from Bangladesh.

What is the basis of Bangladesh's nationhood? Is it religion? If yes, why? How are Hindus treated in your country? Is every citizen treated equally under the law or are there special rules for special people?

Wants to share my thoughts and open minded to except the others if it is true.I am happy to introducing such in a good forum which allow me to share my thought openly.

Yes. People should be open to share thoughts. That is how rough edges get smoothened out.

Here is a common question that get asked of many Muslims but not many are able to answer in a rational fashion.

Should apostasy be punishable by death?

devotee
04 April 2012, 02:39 AM
Namaste Akram,

Welcome to the forums ! You must have got a shock at the reactions of some of our forum members. I wish it would have been otherwise.

Let's not be a prison of the past. You are welcome to offer your views long as you don't hurt the religious sentiments of other forum members.

Please take care of these things while posting here which will help you and us in your happy stay here :

Hindu Dharma cannot be compared with any Abrahimic religion that you are familiar with. It has hundreds of authoritative scriptures, widely varying belief systems (sometimes contradicting) and traditions and yet bound by a strong thread which unites us all. Hindus believe that everything and every being is an expression of God, that God can be worshiped in any form/name and even as formless, that there is nothing like "false God", that there is no "Satan" except our own detrimental/inimical thoughts within us, that there is no permanent hell or heaven, that God is not a megalomaniac/eccentric who is ready to punish anyone who doesn't pray or doesn't believe in his book/messenger, that God doesn't need any help from human beings to fight a war for Him (if he needed anything like that he was capable of doing it all by himself) etc. etc.

OM

wundermonk
04 April 2012, 02:42 AM
Welcome to the forums ! You must have got a shock at the reactions of some of our forum members. I wish it would have been otherwise.

:)

You wish Akram wouldnt be shocked OR some of our forum members would not react the way they do OR both OR neither [you being an Advantin ;) ]

devotee
04 April 2012, 04:04 AM
Namaste WM,

:)

You wish Akram wouldnt be shocked OR some of our forum members would not react the way they do OR both OR neither [you being an Advantin ;) ]

How can you have such a doubt ? "Some of our forum members should not have reacted the way they did" ==> Is it clear now ?

OM

wundermonk
04 April 2012, 04:14 AM
Hello devotee:

I say, wait and watch before judging...

Let us give Akram a chance to explain a few knotty issues of Islam. Perhaps he can surprise us by coming up with a benevolent interpretation that would go against the grain of Islam.

I will stop posting on this thread now and allow Akram to speak for himself instead of me setting up strawmen, etc.

Namaste.

Spiritualseeker
04 April 2012, 05:31 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forums. In your name you have Fakir, so I am thinking you may practice Tasawwuf (Sufism) or are planning to? I am only asking, I do not mind what path your on. If you do wish to guide us to a different path than the Dharma then I suggest you post in the Islam section and get prepared for many responses. It is also important to not just copy and paste as we have had many do in the past. We enjoy discussion on this forum and it just takes away from the discussion if we are just linked to many articles.

Look forward to hearing your views and contributions to the forum.

Om Namah Shivaya

Jainarayan
04 April 2012, 07:54 AM
Namaste Akram Fakir.

What would this be?

Where is the dharma here? How about "May Allah, may Krishna, may Shiva, may Maa, may the Buddha, may Jesus, may Yahweh, may the One give you the right path."

Ekam sat viprah bahudha vadanti. How quickly we claim Hinduism is Sanātana Dharma, but actually forget what scriptures say. :rolleyes:

Gentle hint Akram: you will find some people, few though they may be but the loudest (as is always the case), may give you a hard time. Try not to be put off. Most will not do this if you are a true devotee of God and are on the path to reach Him. That's all ANY of us should be doing regardless of the faith. The Sanskrit quote above is from the Rig Veda: "The truth is one but the wise know it by many names". There are some not so wise people upon this Earth.

wundermonk
04 April 2012, 09:26 AM
Where is the dharma here? How about "May Allah, may Krishna, may Shiva, may Maa, may the Buddha, may Jesus, may Yahweh, may the One give you the right path."

:rolleyes: back at you.

Tolerance is NOT a one-way street. Why is it always the Hindu who needs to prove her secularism and the Mohammedan is fine saying "I am right, you are wrong."?:dunno:

NayaSurya
04 April 2012, 10:34 AM
Beloved Akram,

May Beloved Shiva bring you happiness and also full round to this Truth you come to find<3

Thank you for making introduction...and welcome to the forum.

Hari Om~

---------------

As to this other conversation...here in my home we have a saying..."The wise ...allow one to hang himself...with the rope provided." I do not think this One who has made two posts has done anything to warrant the attack, as attacking One without a just cause would not be Dharmic?

One time i leave candy out on the counter and told the children it was for a trip. My husband ask me in the evening...."Should not we put this candy up...so children do not take?"

I say..."No...for it is better to allow this one to ....hang himself...so we know of this flaw in our child's character...than to live in a dellusion that this child is without such a flaw."

The candy...a small price to pay for such knowledge. Now, here upon the forum? What cost would it be to any One of you to allow such a thing to happen. The words...just as little price as the candy above and can all be cleaned up if they were to prove somehow a problem. So i allow this One to play out their portion of the drama.

The candy from my story above?

Was not eaten....that next morning when i came down to make breakfast. This was a profound lesson for the one behind the scenes watching...the children were unaware of the whole thing.:p

Jainarayan
04 April 2012, 11:02 AM
Why is it always the Hindu who needs to prove her secularism and the Mohammedan is fine saying "I am right, you are wrong."?:dunno:

Please show me in this thread where that happened? Please show me in any current thread where that happened. Please give me a specific example.

Mana
04 April 2012, 11:13 AM
I am Akram from Bangladesh.Wants
to share my thoughts and open minded
to except the others if it is true.I am
happy to introducing such in a good forum
which allow me to share my thought
openly.

Namaste Akram, Assalamualaikum.

Thank you for your blessing, you might be interested to investigate some of the terminology and concordance, I believe that Allah, is very much the divine representation of God as nature; as is our divine mother, satya sanAtana dharma.

A very high path is needed in order to understand this manifestation of God.

प्रकृति = prakRti = nature

I look forwards to conversing with you, learning a little of your tradition also.

praNAma

mana

wundermonk
04 April 2012, 01:10 PM
Hello TbtL:

Indian Hindus [like me] seem more "intolerant" of Muslim/Xian participants. Non-Indian Hindus [like you] seem more "tolerant" of such participants. Perhaps there is a rational reason for this?

Allow me to offer the following reasons for why Indian Hindus are more "intolerant".

(1)Our country was brutally raped and invaded, once, twice and countless times by invading hordes of Mohammedans. Was yours?

(2)Somnath temple was destroyed MULTIPLE times. Temples were destroyed in Kashi, Mathura, Ayodhya and mosques built on top. Has that happened in your country?

(3)The invading horde of Mohammedans killed, raped, looted and forcefully converted millions of Hindus at the edge of a sword. Has that happened to your ancestors?

(4)These new converts were treated to Tabligh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabligh_movement_in_Mewat) and made to feel that their true ancestry belonged to Arabia rather than India cutting millenia of imbibed culture and replacing it with an alien culture. Have you experienced anything of this sort?

(5)These new converts developed a hatred for their native civilization/culture - so much so that it all culminated in brutal partition of India into Pakistan/Bangladesh in 1947. Have YOU been through a partition?

(6)The population of Hindus in BANGLADESH [where the OPer is from] and Pakistan have dropped depressingly since 1947. But no one seems worried. Why? Hindus are not newsworthy. So, killing of Hindus rarely qualifies for more than 2 minutes on your nightly world summary on CBS/NBC/CNN/Fox.

An Indian from India does not know what it would have meant to be an African American in the 1950s. An Indian from India does not know what it would have meant to be a Jew in Germany in WW2. Likewise, non-Indian Hindus would not know what it means to be an Indian Hindu. Our interaction with Abrahamic faiths has just been brutally bloody beyond words. :(

Believer
04 April 2012, 01:35 PM
Namaste wundermonk,

I believe you are on the right track, and it is advisable for people who don't understand the pain and deep wounds inflicted on Hindus by the Islamists, to stay out of the conversation. When a person uses his brand of greetings and brings in his religion to this forum, he has already shown his colors and there should not be any indulging of such mischief. Pakis and Bengladeshis are all converted Indians/Hindus. Yet they consider themselves to have landed on the continent from the moon as full blown mullahs. Enough said.

Pranam.

NayaSurya
04 April 2012, 01:36 PM
Wunder, i understand your heart very well.

You ask was yours.

If you mean by this that a people were wiped off the earth...their families torn to the winds at gun point.

I can not even find my GGG grandfather...he was murdered by forced march west to the desolate desert of the western U.S.

Perhaps one of the only differences between you and i is....your people live on in great numbers to tell the story.

All that is left of mine is a scant few...and mostly white now...because we have been swallowed whole by our invaders.

So, maybe it's true...you can not perhaps be in the shoes of another...so much so...you would not even understand....you are talking to Kindred Kind. That in America...this very same brutal murder happened. Rape...murder and assimilation.

Can you imagine celebrating the Independance of a country...full well knowing your own family was destroyed by its creation?

I do.

I am a non-Indian Hindu.

Mana
04 April 2012, 01:41 PM
Namaste wundermonk,

England was invaded by Christians and Norsemen amongst others, all sorts. You could argue that the Welsh and half of the Scottish have more claim to England than the English, as they were the surviving Druids after the Roman invasion.

But these kinds of talk only ever lead to blood shed and are futile.

If Hitler had had his way, he would have burnt countless doctrines, destroyed, gone... !

This is an introductory thread.

I am sorry for your anguish, but I am also lost for words.

praNAma

mana

Eastern Mind
04 April 2012, 01:41 PM
Vannakkam: Is there not some theory in sociology that compares this phenomenon to science? ... that a crashing meteor is felt more strongly by those closest to it?

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
04 April 2012, 01:52 PM
Namaste Naya,

The only difference between you and i is....your people live on in great numbers to tell the story.
There is another BIG difference; Hindus continue to be under siege in many parts of their own homeland by the muslims, that is today, at this very minute.

Pranam.

NayaSurya
04 April 2012, 02:13 PM
Forgive me for not seeing where we disagree.:p

With any of you<3

But, upon thinking about it, i remove that absolute. As i am not a big fan of them...it was done in haste. My apologies<3 My children challenged me to a tournament of Doctor Mario, and as i am the reigning champion. It is my duty to compete.:P

Jainarayan
04 April 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm not going to defend my p.o.v. or my knowledge or ignorance of Indian history or argue about this. I know my ignorance runs deep. I've said in the past that millions upon millions of humans have experienced genocide, enslavement, destruction of their languages, religions and cultures, and other horrors perpetrated by fellow humans.

I only point out in this thread that there is no need to "come out swinging" when someone self-identifies as a Christian or Muslim. Get past the hatred. It doesn't represent Hinduism well at all. I've asked time and again, how many lurkers and potential sincere converts have been scared off by the invective?

Believer
04 April 2012, 04:39 PM
Namaste,

Why is it so difficult to understand that the source of all Hindu anguish is that even today they are made to feel like foreigners in their own house? They are being persecuted in their own land today, not a hundred years ago, not a century ago? I can understand that some people who have taken on the sublime teachings of Hinduism would like to be total pacifists and not want to be bothered with supporting the people who brought them that religion. But why not just stand down and not get involved in this type of situation? Why not run for the hills and wait for this thing to blow over? Why start accusing your friends of being the bad guys? Do you care at all how we feel? Or is it all about you? You feel the need to dictate how Hindus should act in their forum? Please wake up and smell the roses. One has to face the reality of the world as it is today and not hide under the blanket. Those who are at a loss for words did not need to speak in the first place. If the converts are sincere enough, they will not only suck the marrow out of Hinduism and then tell us that we are the bad guys, but also stand up and support it. This is not the first time that we had this kind of flare up and this will not be the last time either. If the aim is to befriend muslims, then maybe people should try an islamic forum and try teaching them being nice to non-muslims. I sure would like to know how far they get with that thought.

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
04 April 2012, 05:03 PM
Vannakkam: Personally, I would be very surprised if the person makes a second post. So this begs the question: What was the purpose of the post? Certainly one residual effect was the old divide and conquer one, whether intentional or not. :)

Aum Namasivaya

Jainarayan
04 April 2012, 05:11 PM
Namaste,

Why is it so difficult to understand that the source of all Hindu anguish is that even today they are made to feel like foreigners in their own house? They are being persecuted in their own land today, not a hundred years ago, not a century ago? I can understand that some people who have taken on the sublime teachings of Hinduism would like to be total pacifists and not want to be bothered with supporting the people who brought them that religion. But why not just stand down and not get involved in this type of situation? Why not run for the hills and wait for this thing to blow over? Why start accusing your friends of being the bad guys? Do you care at all how we feel? Or is it all about you? You feel the need to dictate how Hindus should act in their forum? Please wake up and smell the roses. One has to face the reality of the world as it is today and not hide under the blanket. Those who are at a loss for words did not need to speak in the first place. If the converts are sincere enough, they will not only suck the marrow out of Hinduism and then tell us that we are the bad guys, but also stand up and support it. This is not the first time that we had this kind of flare up and this will not be the last time either. If the aim is to befriend muslims, then maybe people should try an islamic forum and try teaching them being nice to non-muslims. I sure would like to know how far they get with that thought.

Pranam.

Namaste Believer.

If your diatribe is directed at me, which I suspect it is, rest assured you will never have to write something like this again.

To repeat, there is no need to come out swinging at someone introducing themselves, regardless of their faith. That is, was, and will be my only point.

Clearly there is more of a political bent to these discussions than spiritual. To that end, I bid you a good life.

Vannakkam: Personally, I would be very surprised if the person makes a second post. So this begs the question: What was the purpose of the post? Certainly one residual effect was the old divide and conquer one, whether intentional or not. :)

Aum Namasivaya

My money is on the o.p. being run off after seeing how this group can act. After all, it has often not taken an interloper to inflame any discussion among the regulars. Discussions are often self-combusting.

Eastern Mind
04 April 2012, 05:40 PM
Vannakkam: FYI ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

Aum Namasivaya

MahaHrada
04 April 2012, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to defend my p.o.v. or my knowledge or ignorance of Indian history or argue about this. I know my ignorance runs deep. I've said in the past that millions upon millions of humans have experienced genocide, enslavement, destruction of their languages, religions and cultures, and other horrors perpetrated by fellow humans.

I only point out in this thread that there is no need to "come out swinging" when someone self-identifies as a Christian or Muslim. Get past the hatred. It doesn't represent Hinduism well at all. I've asked time and again, how many lurkers and potential sincere converts have been scared off by the invective?

Hinduism does not need any supporters that are in fact subversionists apologetics for the black adharma of Christianity and Islam, evil ideologies that have been founded by a convicted and executed fanatic and supremacist criminal with his brainwashed murderous devotees and a savage warlord with a barbaric army of mad murderers.
The concept of Conversion as such is adharmic and never was a part of Hinduism.
What is called benevolence, a blessing, what is good and duty from the viewpoint of a Muslim and Christian is considered sinful from the viewpoint of dharma. Who does not understand this fact has either no understanding of Islam or Christianity or of the correct principles of conduct within any of the acharas of bharata Dharma and it would be better for him and for Hinduism as well, if he would remain a christian or muslim instead of pretending to be a Hindu.

The nature of these ideologies and the nature of their founders is described in the Kalachakra tantra in this way:

The 25th king of shambhala, will be raudra kalkI or raudra chakrin, wielder of the terrible disk. This raudra kalkI is kR^iShNa himself. Aadam, Enakh, Ibrahim and five others endowed with dark tamas in the family of asura-nAgas, namely Musa, Isa,(Messiah Jesus) the White clad One, Muhammad, and Mathani, who is the eighth belonging to utter darkness will arise. The seventh will clearly be born in the city of bhagadatta (Baghdad) in the land of Mecca, where the mighty, merciless structure of the mlecchas, (kaaba) that is the demonic manifestation, lives in the world. They will kill camels, horses, and cattle, and cook the flesh together with blood. They cook calves with butter and spice, and rice mixed with vegetables, all at once on the fire. Where the men eat that together with dates, and where they drink birds’ eggs, that is the place of the Meccan demons.

At the end of the yuga, among those rulers of shambala, in the orderly reckoning of twenty-five reigns, raudra kalkI, the lord of the gods, saluted by the best of gods, shall appear in the lineage of kalkI. For sAdhus his peaceful form shall be the giver of ultimate bliss, on the other hand, he shall be the nemesis for the entire assembly of the mlecchas. The great chakrin will be mounted on a mountain horse, with an astra in his hand, and with the radiance of the sun, shall smite all the mleccha enemies.

NayaSurya
04 April 2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, what Believer say is true about right now things happening. It is hard to put things in the past when it is ongoing.

Especially in Bengal...and Kashmir.

But this lil guy has been all over the internet seeking lately. Just look...

http://www.marifah.net/forums/topic/6227-whats-the-wrong-with-music/

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12337&start=0

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3053514

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84440

He's just a child it seems...in a band and worried about wether this would be allowed in Islam. So perhaps he even came here to find another way.

It was just too soon...to know?

Just as that bully threatening my child to murder him. As i extended that hand of kindness..now this child has a friend in my family...and also...he is not trying to kill my son.

He was gathering up children to harm my son! Now, not only is he not harming my son, but...i will help him in any way i can.

Just as in this true life example...

For every muslim you can reach, teach and help...this is a muslim not harming others too?

I am not saying befriend the world here, or maybe i am...the ones who will accept you and also make peace.

Children can not help they were born into ignorance...into the virus of ignorance. By healing them with true knowledge, kindness...compassion...this is a good way.

Now, before i leave here, i want to say that if you are in one of these places where the virus is at your door...such as Kashmir. You have every right to fight, it is your duty...Divine Duty.

Not, that you need anyone here to approve anything you must do to protect your family...and thereby completing your obligated dharma.

*sigh* It's hard...

i Love you so very Truly Beloved. Forgive my foolish attempts to help.

MahaHrada
04 April 2012, 06:03 PM
Just as that bully threatening my child to murder him. As i extended that hand of kindness..now this child has a friend in my family...and also...he is not trying to kill my son.

Yesterday he wanted to kill your Son, today he is a friend and and what will he do tomorrow? Be careful when choosing your enemies be more careful when choosing friends. So I hope you know what you do

NayaSurya
04 April 2012, 06:12 PM
Yesterday he wanted to kill your Son, today he is a friend and and what will he do tomorrow? Be careful when choosing your enemies be more careful when choosing friends. So I hope you know what you do

Dear MH, you are very kind to say this from concern.

But, I have been a parent for over 21 years. This 14 year old child is not my friend...but if he asked for clothes, i would give it. If he needed food...i would give. By friend of our family, i mean i would help him with these fundamental needs.

i may be a fool in the ways of hinduism...and all things wonderful. But when it come to the mundane...no need to fear. I was that 14 year old boy in my own youth, (well my sister was...and i was always rushing around trying to protect her from herself:P)

Nothing...nothing this mother can not do. Except pose for magazines. Because this would take physical beauty and i do lack this tremendously.:p

Children, should be given a chance.

MahaHrada
04 April 2012, 06:22 PM
But, I have been a parent for over 21 years. This 14 year old child is not my friend...but if he asked for clothes, i would give it. If he needed food...i would give. By friend of our family, i mean i would help him with these fundamental needs.
That is good to know. As long as you watch your back, and know the danger, all is well i guess :) Same attitude is recommend for islamists and christians :) if you give food and cloth to them better serve it dangling from a ten feet pole:)

Friend from the West
04 April 2012, 08:42 PM
Hari Om

Namaste Akram,

Most welcome to this HDF forum. In reading your profile, it is hoped that you find what you are looking for. Good to see your other two posts as well.

As Divine and Beloved Portion as all others here are, which supercedes meaningless lables, hope so much that you find the truth within and know that this HDF and Portions here can be assistance in this.

Om Shanti

Jai Jai Shri Hanuman

FFTW

Mana
05 April 2012, 01:14 AM
Namaste,

A thought which springs to mind upon rereading this thread:

Look into the mirror and see your self staring back, smile and you will see a smile; frown and you will see a frown. But, be very aware that either way, it is infectious ...

vRtti

praNAma

mana

Akram Fakir
05 April 2012, 01:58 AM
Welcome to HDF.

What would this be?

What is the basis of Bangladesh's nationhood? Is it religion? If yes, why? How are Hindus treated in your country? Is every citizen treated equally under the law or are there special rules for special people?

Yes. People should be open to share thoughts. That is how rough edges get smoothened out.

Here is a common question that get asked of many Muslims but not many are able to answer in a rational fashion.

Should apostasy be punishable by death?

First answer is "It would be the concept of receiving the knowledge that
There is none to be obeyed without Allah.
Second-Country.Not a religion.We don't treat the hindus in our country
as you are thinking.
Third-No there is no punishment for give up religion.All the good and bad things are counting.Punishment is ready after our death for every bad work.
So what is the necessary to give punishment for apostasy?

Akram Fakir
05 April 2012, 02:01 AM
Namaste Akram,

Let's not be a prison of the past. You are welcome to offer your views long as you don't hurt the religious sentiments of other forum members.

Please take care of these things while posting here which will help you and us in your happy stay here :

Hindu Dharma cannot be compared with any Abrahimic religion that you are familiar with. It has hundreds of authoritative scriptures, widely varying belief systems (sometimes contradicting) and traditions and yet bound by a strong thread which unites us all. Hindus believe that everything and every being is an expression of God, that God can be worshiped in any form/name and even as formless, that there is nothing like "false God", that there is no "Satan" except our own detrimental/inimical thoughts within us, that there is no permanent hell or heaven, that God is not a megalomaniac/eccentric who is ready to punish anyone who doesn't pray or doesn't believe in his book/messenger, that God doesn't need any help from human beings to fight a war for Him (if he needed anything like that he was capable of doing it all by himself) etc. etc.

OM
Thanks for welcome. Allah does not need the worship but it is better to do.

Akram Fakir
05 April 2012, 02:13 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forums. In your name you have Fakir, so I am thinking you may practice Tasawwuf (Sufism) or are planning to? I am only asking, I do not mind what path your on. If you do wish to guide us to a different path than the Dharma then I suggest you post in the Islam section and get prepared for many responses. It is also important to not just copy and paste as we have had many do in the past. We enjoy discussion on this forum and it just takes away from the discussion if we are just linked to many articles.

Look forward to hearing your views and contributions to the forum.

Om Namah Shivaya
Every man is living with some wrong.If you are just going to come with me
than not just ask,also answer some question.I was here not for debating.But it looks this forum is only for competition.Not for
spreading knowledge.What is preparation.Do you prepare for the next day?
Obviously no.So how i can be so:confused:.At first answer as all of you are
praising and worshiping to Rabon,Lonka,Sita,,,,etc.Than which one made you?And what you will specify for the prove?

Akram Fakir
05 April 2012, 02:19 AM
Namaste Akram Fakir.

Ekam sat viprah bahudha vadanti. How quickly we claim Hinduism is Sanātana Dharma, but actually forget what scriptures say. :rolleyes:

Gentle hint Akram: you will find some people, few though they may be but the loudest (as is always the case), may give you a hard time. Try not to be put off. Most will not do this if you are a true devotee of God and are on the path to reach Him. That's all ANY of us should be doing regardless of the faith. The Sanskrit quote above is from the Rig Veda: "The truth is one but the wise know it by many names". There are some not so wise people upon this Earth.
Thanks brother.But i am not saying that i am so wise,just came here the main concept of them.But found so tough behavior here.At least Muslims are not like them.I am not a good devotee.So trying to make a hard journey.Allah will help me.

Sahasranama
05 April 2012, 07:19 AM
Hinduism does not need any supporters that are in fact subversionists apologetics for the black adharma of Christianity and Islam, evil ideologies that have been founded by a convicted and executed fanatic and supremacist criminal with his brainwashed murderous devotees and a savage warlord with a barbaric army of mad murderers.
The concept of Conversion as such is adharmic and never was a part of Hinduism.
What is called benevolence, a blessing, what is good and duty from the viewpoint of a Muslim and Christian is considered sinful from the viewpoint of dharma. Who does not understand this fact has either no understanding of Islam or Christianity or of the correct principles of conduct within any of the acharas of bharata Dharmaand it would be better for him and for Hinduism as well, if he would remain a christian or muslim instead of pretending to be a Hindu.

Agreed.

charitra
05 April 2012, 08:19 AM
Look into the mirror and see your self staring back, smile and you will see a smile;

understand and thank you for being a Gandhian. Sadly smile was never returned after several centuries of wait....thats the story of hindus for the rest of the world. namaste.

Eastern Mind
05 April 2012, 08:31 AM
Vannakkam: The principle is simple. When an aggressive society encounters a peaceful society, the aggressive one wins. Is this really what we want for the planet? How many peaceful societies are now extinct from this principle?

Aum Namasivaya

Mana
05 April 2012, 10:55 AM
understand and thank you for being a Gandhian. Sadly smile was never returned after several centuries of wait....thats the story of hindus for the rest of the world. namaste.

Namaste charitra,

I am referring to the way we behave here now, on this website.
This is an internet forum and an introductory thread; calling for common etiquette and basic decorum.

With out this, what are we reduced to?

praNAma

mana

satay
05 April 2012, 12:32 PM
namaste,

The 25th king of shambhala, will be raudra kalkI or raudra chakrin, wielder of the terrible disk. This raudra kalkI is kR^iShNa himself. Aadam, Enakh, Ibrahim and five others endowed with dark tamas in the family of asura-nAgas, namely Musa, Isa,(Messiah Jesus) the White clad One, Muhammad, and Mathani, who is the eighth belonging to utter darkness will arise. The seventh will clearly be born in the city of bhagadatta (Baghdad) in the land of Mecca, where the mighty, merciless structure of the mlecchas, (kaaba) that is the demonic manifestation, lives in the world. They will kill camels, horses, and cattle, and cook the flesh together with blood. They cook calves with butter and spice, and rice mixed with vegetables, all at once on the fire. Where the men eat that together with dates, and where they drink birds’ eggs, that is the place of the Meccan demons.

hmm...interesting.

Seeker123
05 April 2012, 02:49 PM
First answer is "It would be the concept of receiving the knowledge that There is none to be obeyed without Allah.

You stated in your original post may Allah give you the right path. When wundermonk asked "what that path may be" you respond with the above quote. Are you trying to say only Allah will give the right path? What about Vedas?

We don't treat the hindus in our country as you are thinking.

Are you sure? What about the following?

The HAF report documents the long history of anti-Hindu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hindu) atrocities[70] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-69) in Bangladesh,[71] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-70) a topic that many Indians and Indian governments over the years have preferred not to acknowledge. Such atrocities, including targeted attacks[72] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-71) against temples, open theft of Hindu property, and rape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape) of young Hindu women and enticements to convert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proselytization) to Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam), have increased sharply in recent years after the Jamat-e-Islami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamat-e-Islami) joined the coalition government led by the Bangladesh National Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_National_Party).[73] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-72)[74] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-73) ................
In 1971 at the time of the liberation of Bangladesh from East Pakistan, the Hindu population accounted for 15% of the total population. Thirty years on, it is now estimated at just 10.5%.[79] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-78) The ‘Vested Property Act’ previously named the ‘Enemy Property Act’ has seen up to 40% of Hindu land snatched away forcibly. Since this government has come into power, of all the rape crimes registered in Bangladesh, 98% have been registered by Hindu women. Hindu temples in Bangladesh have also been vandalised.[80] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-79)[81] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-80) The United States Congressional Caucus on India has condemned these atrocities.[82] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-81)..................
Bangladeshi feminist Taslima Nasrin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taslima_Nasrin)'s 1993 novel Lajja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajja) deals with the anti-Hindu riots and anti-secular sentiment in Bangladesh in the wake of the destruction of the Babri Masjid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babri_Masjid) in India. The book was banned in Bangladesh, and helped draw international attention to the situation of the Bangladeshi Hindu minority..............
On the February 6, 2010, Sonargaon temple in Narayanganj district of Bangladesh was destroyed by Islamic fanatics. Five people were seriously injured during the attack.[84] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-83) Temples were also attacked and destroyed in 2011[85 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-84)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

Friend from the West
05 April 2012, 10:12 PM
Hari Om

Namaste and hello to all:

Did not see in intro or some other's posts anything about being a pacifist. In context from one that is ignorant, observed was an introduction as is custom and as directed. In my short time as now most definetely feel as guest as always claimed, just differently, usually observed a manifestation of a agenda before correction of some type was administered. This time with scant if any evidence, something happened. Sadly observed George Orwell's, "Animal Farm." Peered in the window and saw previous victims, and they looked like the Abrahamics. Couldn't tell the difference. Sorry BelieverJi, did not add smiley face to this. Within this beloved family on this HDF, thought saw female Praying Mantis to male, several times over.

So many dangerous and shameful assumptions made towards intent of others in this thread, including that of OPs.

Are we not taught that you can feel love for Jiva that you must take body from, if required? Did not see ones speaking within context of our path saying anything about being pacifist. Why need to talk about fate of pacifistic societies? By evidence of this thread and our path, think issue maybe good focus on how to not feed on ourselves. How the freak does this attacking in this venue with these people, bring back one wrong done through these so grave and egrigious injustices? Like mean spirited hens clucking was what was heard. What was effective here and what was harm caused?

Think very much subjectively, more relevant point being, in another thread then the intro section of One attempting to best of our knowledge at the time to introduce themselves, how to effectively combat things other then practicing assasination of others who follow this most holy path. In this case, this occured with those who follow same path, are we to act like this even with others who overtly do not like us? If only outlet felt is via the www., (http://www.,) is there not another punching bag available then direct family? If feel not this way, this is issue, that is significant. Posted awhile back by passive aggresive elder who actually very much respect, was attitude of, we can not even agree here, how can we join together to make change. This is attitude of victim (say here most sincerely and loving, not walked in the shoes of the hurting and angry in this way so do not know at most important level) and is not effective as evidenced by so many things, even in this thread.

How the hell did this thread's content add anything? What did you protect? Now this one who appeared to be a searcher trully (if wrong does not matter on the point), maybe now what? To best of anyone's knowledge, did this one do anything? For those who are so good at third degreeing others, this is asked, you who claim this path, do you wish for anyone who claims to be Muslim or Christian, a Lotus Petal or a bullet. By offering a Lotus Petal you are not offering neck.

At point of intro, how do you know intent? If forum not open to certain Portions, including this one, kick me out. As soon as see someone with an opening from any tradition other than what you want, regardless of their lostness, searching, etc..eliminate them. Then when down to two people, back to Praying Mantis analogy. Then that one or several can have their way with their version until the hurt, fear, anger, ignorance, kills the vessel with the acid caused by.......whatever you blame at that point.

These are typed words that we do here, but life has shown that this is still interaction and we can cause harm with this, if used ignorantly. Think there is word for this. :) If anyone can justify action on this thread not just towards OP, but others, wow.

To qualify, I am but ignorant mongrel for real, if post photo, you would at least see this on physical side. Know BelieverJi, and others I may be sensitive but not weak. Also, not claiming with my full stomach (if not fasting) that know true pain of hunger and genocide and marginalization. With this, if harm caused to parts (sorry, as weird as me seem, my usual lack of not using SD nomenclature not insult, just feel would be insult to many here if this one did at this point. Studying hard though) causes me to feel this, for all, this will not apologize for.

Attack me, educate me, rationalize behavior, ignore me, etc.. go ahead. You had poster, and a few others who are members here that were treated not as is claimed in all of these thousands of posts but as no different then could get from those you claim act this way.

My son who knows this one is parent, at times will come up with something that educates me. He knows at this point, he is still junior to this form at this time. Tonight, feel as if am child to parents, regardless of age of members who posted on this thread against the several voices of what is greater and is not vulnerable to anything. Realize still the child, but do have value because know what i serve... each of you. This was wrong!

Om Shanti

FFTW

devotee
05 April 2012, 11:09 PM
Namaste all,

I agree with FFTW. I also admire NS's compassion filled post and others who stood for Fakir.

I feel disappointed the manner some of the members reacted against Fakir without letting him speak his mind on this forum. He is a Muslim and has come over to us alone and we are here with a strong majority ... so we just want to show our "might" to this young man ? This is something that we must look inside and explore. Does it make us look civilised ? Someone committed atrocity against Hindus and others in the name of Islam ... do we think that this young boy is responsible for that ? Hitler was responsible for killing a number of innocents ... does it mean that all the Germans are responsible for that ?

Hindu Dharma which claims "Vasudhaiva Kutubkam" is so intolerant ? I was talking of Hindus being respectful to people of other religions & here we are not even tolerant !

That is my piece of mind. I may be wrong ... an old man I am. However, will you all please take a deep breath and think, "Is this behaviour really correct ?".

OM

JaiMaaDurga
06 April 2012, 12:24 AM
Namaste,

I am reminded of an occasion in which I observed a small boy discovering a large and busy anthill.
The boy's curiosity prompted him to see what would happen if he stick a twig into the anthill's entrance;
upon doing so, his eyes grew wide and rapt, as the ants erupted into a frenzy of activity, swarming over the twig,
obeying the imperative to protect the nest, seeking to bite and sting any living invader.
Fascination gave way to startled dismay, as unseen defenders had found their way to the boy's toes, as he squatted close to the nest.
As the boy's anger and desire for revenge became evident, with furious eyes, making ready to destroy the anthill, I called out to him-
"Wait!" Again startled, he protests: "?...But they BIT me!"
I motion him to come closer, so that I am not shouting, and he reluctantly comes.

"They are only defending their home, and themselves.
If an elephant started to sit on you, unawares, and you had a knife,
would you not jab the elephant, to prevent being crushed?
To do so, the elephant would scarcely be injured, but not to do so would surely mean your death."

The boy agreed, if somewhat sullenly; and to this day does not cause disruption or chaos for the sake of his own amusement, or idle curiosity.

This boy had not originally intended to do harm; he was simply ignorant, at an age incapable of meaningful reflection, prior to action.

All living beings act according to their nature;
as humans, past childhood, responsibility is incumbent upon any of us to learn the lay of a land in which we wish to tread, but have never before called home.

That is all I wish to say concerning this.

JAI MATA DI

anirvan
06 April 2012, 02:17 AM
The reactions to the OP appears exaggerated and something like USA reacting to WMD threat from Iraq.

Its looks silly that such learned.intelligent members in HDF are reacting to a Bangladeshi ignorant and typical ignorant,semi-educated muslim boy without any broad knowledge about historical and geo-political status ,who can barely write correct English.

To react in this way just prove that we give respect to such ignorant religion near the vastly reach ,scientific religion as Hinduism.It should be below our dignity to react to such silly things.

Spiritualseeker
06 April 2012, 06:33 AM
Namaste Akram,

Please do not be too put off from some reactions here. We must have compassion for all beings. A lot of those who are having such a strong reactions to your words are those that know of the sufferings that Hindus have suffered at the hands of muslims. Certainly not all muslims are like this, but they cannot forget the atrocities that are being committed against Hindus even on a day to day basis. I know that May Allah guide you is just a very general prayer that Muslims say for themselves and others. Perhaps others thought you were trying to convert them. You just have to remember that many of people including me do not always make the right judgements or actions. I am sure you can have some deep conversations with other members on the forum. Please do not leave or be put off.

I would love to have a conversation with you (not a debate). I used to be Muslim and I wouldn't mind chatting. There are many similarities between our ways if you look from the Sufi standpoint. So I think we can have a lot of common ground.

I hope you do stick around

Om Namah Shivaya

Seeker123
06 April 2012, 01:16 PM
God can be worshiped in any form/name and even as formless, that there is nothing like "false God", that there is no "Satan" except our own detrimental/inimical thoughts within us, that there is no permanent hell or heaven, that God is not a megalomaniac/eccentric who is ready to punish anyone who doesn't pray or doesn't believe in his book/messenger, that God doesn't need any help from human beings to fight a war for Him (if he needed anything like that he was capable of doing it all by himself) etc. etc.
OM

Akram: I would like to hear your views on devotee's quote above.

How about "May Allah, may Krishna, may Shiva, may Maa, may the Buddha, may Jesus, may Yahweh, may the One give you the right path."

Akram: Do you agree with TBTL?

Seeker123
06 April 2012, 01:17 PM
I am not at all surprised by the negative reactions of OP. Instead of the OP stating "May Allah give you the right path" if he had said something like "I am a practicing Muslim and want to see where the 2 religions share common ground" the reactions would have been generally positive.

Think for a minute. If any one of you wanted to post in a Christian or Muslim forum and started with something like "May Krishna give you the right path" what would you expect?

Believer
06 April 2012, 05:57 PM
Namaste,

I am not at all surprised by the negative reactions of OP. Instead of the OP stating "May Allah give you the right path" if he had said something like "I am a practicing Muslim and want to see where the 2 religions share common ground" the reactions would have been generally positive.

Think for a minute. If any one of you wanted to post in a Christian or Muslim forum and started with something like "May Krishna give you the right path" what would you expect?
+1

Leaving a negative looking calling card in the form of an introduction will always bring out different reactions from different people. It all depends on how one has been, or is currently being personally affected by the muslim mischief and denials. Some of us who are detached from the effects of their jihads have the option to take the moral high road, pretend to be spiritually evolved, and wag our fingers at the rest; and others don't. I completely understand the position of more civil section of the forum membership. I sure hope that they at least try to understand where some of us, not too civil ones in their eyes, are coming from.

Pranam.

Akram Fakir
08 April 2012, 12:01 AM
You stated in your original post may Allah give you the right path. When wundermonk asked "what that path may be" you respond with the above quote. Are you trying to say only Allah will give the right path? What about Vedas?

Are you sure? What about the following?

The HAF report documents the long history of anti-Hindu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hindu) atrocities[70] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-69) in Bangladesh,[71] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-70) a topic that many Indians and Indian governments over the years have preferred not to acknowledge. Such atrocities, including targeted attacks[72] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-71) against temples, open theft of Hindu property, and rape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape) of young Hindu women and enticements to convert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proselytization) to Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam), have increased sharply in recent years after the Jamat-e-Islami (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamat-e-Islami) joined the coalition government led by the Bangladesh National Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_National_Party).[73] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-72)[74] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-73) ................
In 1971 at the time of the liberation of Bangladesh from East Pakistan, the Hindu population accounted for 15% of the total population. Thirty years on, it is now estimated at just 10.5%.[79] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-78) The ‘Vested Property Act’ previously named the ‘Enemy Property Act’ has seen up to 40% of Hindu land snatched away forcibly. Since this government has come into power, of all the rape crimes registered in Bangladesh, 98% have been registered by Hindu women. Hindu temples in Bangladesh have also been vandalised.[80] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-79)[81] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-80) The United States Congressional Caucus on India has condemned these atrocities.[82] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-81)..................
Bangladeshi feminist Taslima Nasrin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taslima_Nasrin)'s 1993 novel Lajja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajja) deals with the anti-Hindu riots and anti-secular sentiment in Bangladesh in the wake of the destruction of the Babri Masjid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babri_Masjid) in India. The book was banned in Bangladesh, and helped draw international attention to the situation of the Bangladeshi Hindu minority..............
On the February 6, 2010, Sonargaon temple in Narayanganj district of Bangladesh was destroyed by Islamic fanatics. Five people were seriously injured during the attack.[84] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-83) Temples were also attacked and destroyed in 2011[85 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus#cite_note-84)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

Ha Ha ha when an evil comes in your mind you can do anything.Will you live after 21-12-2012?I think you will get the answers after that day.
Pray to your god Shiba Ramayan etc to live you for those days.You will get all the answers of you.

PARAM
08 April 2012, 11:08 AM
Every man is living with some wrong.If you are just going to come with me
than not just ask,also answer some question.I was here not for debating.But it looks this forum is only for competition.Not for
spreading knowledge.What is preparation.Do you prepare for the next day?
Obviously no.So how i can be so:confused:.At first answer as all of you are
praising and worshiping to Rabon,Lonka,Sita,,,,etc.Than which one made you?And what you will specify for the prove?

You can't take the name properly, there is no need to think that you have any knowledge.

Tell this question to Muslims who worship the graves of beggars in Dargah.

We pray the one who made us, who is the origin of everything, we pray his divine incarnation who show us the right path and protect against aDHaRma

First answer is "It would be the concept of receiving the knowledge that
There is none to be obeyed without Allah.

Answer the Seeker

Second-Country.Not a religion.We don't treat the hindus in our country
as you are thinking.Answer to Seeker

Third-No there is no punishment for give up religion.All the good and bad things are counting.Punishment is ready after our death for every bad work.
So what is the necessary to give punishment for apostasy?Prove if Quran really say this anywhere.

satay
10 April 2012, 10:10 PM
Admin Note

Thread under review.