PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Yoga

Maya3
08 April 2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/nyregion/in-queens-seeking-to-clear-a-path-between-yoga-and-islam.html?pagewanted=1&hp

wundermonk
09 April 2012, 08:38 AM
From the article:

Mr. Rashid, a Muslim, said he had long believed that practicing yoga was tantamount to “denouncing my religion.” “Yoga is not for Muslims,” he said. “It was forbidden.”

When Alex Eingorn prescribed yoga recently to a Bangladeshi woman who came to him with spinal pain at his Better Health Chiropractic clinic in Midtown Manhattan, “she looked at me in horror,” he said. “She said, ‘I’m a Muslim, I can’t practice a different religion.’ ”

Well, Yoga is most definitely Hindu.

The time to decide is now for Xians/Muslims. Either they remain Abrahamic thereby gaining entry into eternal heaven OR practise yoga and become Hindu and secure a place in eternal hellfire.

I would LOVE to be in the Abrahamic eternal hellfire. It is going to be full of many interesting people.

Since I have an eternity of time to spend in eternal hellfire, maybe I can learn a few additional asanas, pranayamas in hell. I look forward to hell.

;)

PARAM
10 April 2012, 11:45 AM
For the followers of terrorism or maHaADHaRMa like Islam, they should strictly not follow DHaRMa as everything related to ADHaRMa is opposie to that of DHaRMa. For Islam DHaRMa is haram and for us ADHaRMa is what we should avoid and fight for DHaRMa.

satay
10 April 2012, 09:58 PM
namaskar,

I would LOVE to be in the Abrahamic eternal hellfire. It is going to be full of many interesting people.
I look forward to hell.

;)

Interesting perspective. Now I am looking forward to meeting Aurobindo and osho there! :)

wundermonk
11 April 2012, 02:35 AM
Interesting perspective. Now I am looking forward to meeting Aurobindo and osho there! :)

Indeed. Few other interesting people I am looking forward to meeting in the Abrahamic hellfire are:

(a)My maternal/paternal grandfather...never met either of them.
(b)Albert Einstein [guess he was Jewish so both the Xians/Mohammedans believe he will be in eternal hellfire.]

There is one reason why I want to completely avoid the Abrahamic heaven. I will never want to share the same oxygen FOR A FREAKING ETERNITY with Zakir Naik.

vikz22
16 July 2012, 10:43 AM
From the article:

Well, Yoga is most definitely Hindu.

The time to decide is now for Xians/Muslims. Either they remain Abrahamic thereby gaining entry into eternal heaven OR practise yoga and become Hindu and secure a place in eternal hellfire.

Since I have an eternity of time to spend in eternal hellfire, maybe I can learn a few additional asanas, pranayamas in hell. I look forward to hell.

;)

i agree :)