PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

शक्ति
11 April 2012, 12:00 AM
Namaste everyone,
I am new to this forum, thus I am new to Hinduism. My spiritual journey has been full of joy, sadness, and hardships. for years, I longed for the fire of God and the peace and joy that only He can give.

I was born Catholic, and had a great experience there. However, I have had difficulties as well in my life. Though I lived the faith outwardly, I was not content inwardly. To make a long story short, my husband (Aum Namah Sivaya on this forum) has been on a spiritual journey which ended in Hinduism. Recently, the truth hit me like a ton of bricks. Siva and Shakti revealed themselves to me in more powerful ways than I have ever experienced. I made the decision to convert, and nothing but change and grace has occurred.

I am really excited to be a part of these forums. I am also excited to see how God will change me and finally bring me peace. I can say that He has done so much for me since I made my decision.

Jai Ma!

Eastern Mind
12 April 2012, 08:49 AM
Vannakkam: Welcome to the forums. I hope you find your visits here rewarding.

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
12 April 2012, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forums, Shakti ! :)

OM

Mana
12 April 2012, 02:09 PM
Namaste Shakti,

Welcome to HDF, pleased to meet you.

praNAma

mana

Ramakrishna
14 April 2012, 08:14 PM
Namaste Shakti,

Welcome to HDF. I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Ram

PARAM
15 April 2012, 11:42 AM
Namaste Shakti,

आपने देवनागरी में अपना username डाला है, Internet में ऐसे username नहीं चलते इसलिए यह बहुत अलग अहसास करता है |

शक्ति
15 April 2012, 12:01 PM
Namaste Shakti,

आपने देवनागरी में अपना username डाला है, Internet में ऐसे username नहीं चलते इसलिए यह बहुत अलग अहसास करता है |

Namaste,

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying here.

Aum namah Śivāya
15 April 2012, 12:03 PM
Namaste Shakti,

नमस्ते,

She doesn't understand, nor do I, what you are trying to say here. Could you clarify?

Her posts still have to be moderated so I'm asking for her. :)

ॐ नमः शिवाय

wundermonk
16 April 2012, 01:19 AM
Translating PARAM:

"You have created a username in Sanskrit Devanagari Script. Seeing such usernames on the internet is rare so the perception is different."

BTW...welcome to Shakti.

Aum namah Śivāya
16 April 2012, 02:09 AM
Translating PARAM:

"You have created a username in Sanskrit Devanagari Script. Seeing such usernames on the internet is rare so the perception is different."

BTW...welcome to Shakti.

नमस्ते,

Thank you for that. I appreciate it, as does she.

We just like to have it as true to the original language as possible, thus the username. :)

Mods may feel free to delete her moderated post since it has not been approved yet, and it was just asking for the translation, which has been provided.

ॐ नमः शिवाय

sunyata07
18 April 2012, 12:58 PM
Namaste Shakti,

Really nice to have you on the forum here along with your husband. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here with us.

Om namah Shivaya

PARAM
21 April 2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks wundermonk for timely translating, I was not here for for a while and missed to translate.

नमस्ते,

Thank you for that. I appreciate it, as does she.

We just like to have it as true to the original language as possible, thus the username. :)

Mods may feel free to delete her moderated post since it has not been approved yet, and it was just asking for the translation, which has been provided.

ॐ नमः शिवाय

There is nothing to delete.

Belletje
09 April 2013, 12:38 PM
Namasté & hello,

My name is Isabelle. I would like to introduce myself to you. I'm finding out how this site works. Hope via this email maybe someone can help me out?

Directly to the point then....I have had some tough years, which made me stronger though. I have become spiritual as well. Those years from growth I would like to express in an expression made by myself. This expression is me... and the most beautiful wish for me is to have this expression translated in a Sanskrit tattoo.

I visited several sites, only I'm not sure whether I translated everything in a proper way or not. Can you help me out?

My expression in English:
I follow my senses, as then my heart whispers...

Translation I found (word by word) in Sanskrit:
ॐ अहम् अनुसरणं मदीय चेतना, हि तदनन्तरम् मदीय हृदय उपजपति

I hope some one wants to take a look at my translation and if not correct give me a reply with the correct translation.

Thank you so much!

Isabelle