PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Vitani
12 April 2012, 09:28 AM
Namaste,

I'm Vitani. I'm also horrible at introductions. But, I have had a growing interest in Hinduism for quite a while, and have started looking into Saivism. Hinduism is so vast and diverse!

I do hope that you don't mind that I am a westerner. I was not born a Hindu, unfortunately. But as I said, I would love to learn more about it.

I look forward to participating in this community.

Pranams,

Vitani.

devotee
12 April 2012, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the forums, Vitani ! :)

OM

Mana
13 April 2012, 01:11 AM
Namaste Vitani,

Welcome to HDF, pleased to meet you!

East or West, now this really depends upon which side of the earth you stand; confounding, as the earth is a sphere! :)

praNAma

mana

charitra
13 April 2012, 08:54 AM
I do hope that you don't mind that I am a westerner. I was not born a Hindu.

Namaste and welcome Vitani. That impression you have of born hindus make me cringe . Hinduism is not confined to one geography or race/ ethnicity. If so there is no point to call this an eternal (sanatana) dharma.

Vitani
13 April 2012, 09:31 AM
Thank you for the welcomes. Charitra, I apologize if I offended you, I meant no harm in it. But yes, that is true, it is the Eternal Dharma.

Maya3
13 April 2012, 05:13 PM
Namaste Vitani,

Welcome to HDF, pleased to meet you!

East or West, now this really depends upon which side of the earth you stand; confounding, as the earth is a sphere! :)

praNAma

mana

LOL

Maya

Ramakrishna
14 April 2012, 08:18 PM
Namaste Vitani,

Welcome to HDF. I look forward to future interaction and sharing of knowledge.

Jai Sri Ganesh

sunyata07
18 April 2012, 12:49 PM
Namaste Vitani,

Welcome to HDF! :) I'm sure you will really enjoy your time here. You'd be surprised how many western Hindus (myself included) and westerners wanting to learn more about Sanatana Dharma there are here. The long-time posters here are mostly a nice bunch and are usually very helpful if you have any questions. Looking forward to your posts.

Om namah Shivaya

vic01
30 April 2012, 07:15 AM
Namaste Vitani,

Welcome to HDF! :) I'm sure you will really enjoy your time here. You'd be surprised how many western Hindus (myself included) and westerners wanting to learn more about Sanatana Dharma there are here. The long-time posters here are mostly a nice bunch and are usually very helpful if you have any questions. Looking forward to your posts.

Om namah Shivaya

Namaste Vitani.
Welcome to HDF .
You aren't only the westerner whom learning and practising Hinduism .
So try to get know and share you ur thought here .

maraji
30 April 2012, 05:18 PM
Pranam Vitani
Welcome to hdf, very welcoming folks here,
Look forwards to your posts