PDA

View Full Version : Is Sindoor and Kum Kum harmful?

Utziga
24 April 2012, 04:57 PM
I just purchased a packet of each to offer to Hanuman on my altar. I was reading somethings and it says that the materials are harmful if they're made with lead but not all are made with lead. Is there a way to tell if there's no ingredient list? Is what I read just crazy rumors?

Eastern Mind
26 April 2012, 07:20 AM
Vannakkam Utziga: I would imagine its dependent on the source. Caustic lime is an ingredient. I have no way of telling about lead, but it's not in the recipe, at least any we found on here before. Considering the fact that it's been used forever, and it's relatively trace amounts, I would think you're in any immanent danger. :)

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
26 April 2012, 09:44 PM
I just purchased a packet of each to offer to Hanuman on my altar. I was reading somethings and it says that the materials are harmful if they're made with lead but not all are made with lead. Is there a way to tell if there's no ingredient list? Is what I read just crazy rumors?

By a good reputed brand material to be safe. :)

OM

Utziga
27 April 2012, 09:11 PM
Thank you for calming my nerves :). I hope that the Sindhur and kumkum that I purchased is from a good source ^_^