PDA

View Full Version : Anthropolatry is really permitted?

cuddledkitty
27 April 2012, 10:21 AM
Please forgive me if i sound unbearably stupid or childish as i am still a very new convert regarding the Sanatana Dharma doctrine. I am basing my questions from the assumption that anthropolatry is permitted in Hinduism if it is pantheistic. Anthropolatry if you do not know is the worship of another human beings and some what controversial. And sorry for posting this so many times but it never goes int he section i wanted it to go in and even ended up in an anime forum :mad:

My questions regard the obligations of a Hindu wife and her role in the relationship. In most Hindu text i notice that the wife is depicted as servile to the husband and being a traditional Japanese girl raised in Osaka and Hokkaido i have no issue with this. I am always passive and always have a childish admiration for the people i love especially regarding my husband earning me the name Ayame-chan implying i am a girl not a woman. So my marriage is based on my submission to my husband and my devotion to him in whatever small way he wishes of me. I really want an explanation to some following scriptures though, i dont want anyone to say "you don't have to believe that part" or "this doesn't apply anymore". These scriptures are written and you cannot deny them, their meaning, nor existence. I would simply like to know if these scriptures are indeed VERY LITERAL in their meaning, hopefully i didn't write them wrong...........

Srimad Bhagavatam 6:18:33:34 ........... "A husband is the supreme demigod for a woman. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Vasudeva, the husband of the goddess of fortune, is situated in everyone’s heart and is worshiped through the various names and forms of the demigods by fruitive workers. Similarly, a husband represents the Lord as the object of worship for a woman."

Srimad Bhagavatam 6:19:17........."Accepting her husband as the representative of the supreme person, a wife should worship him with unalloyed devotion by offering him prasada. The husband, being very pleased with his wife, should engage himself in the affairs of his family"

Laws of Manu 5:154............ "Though destitute of virtue, or seeking pleasure elsewhere, or devoid of good qualities, a husband must be constantly worshipped as a god by a faithful wife."

Laws of Manu 8:416......."A wife, son and slave, these three are declared to have no property; the wealth which they earn is acquired for him to whom they belong."

Laws of Manu 5:155 "No sacrifice, no vow, no fast must be performed by women apart from their husbands). If a wife obeys her husband she will for that reason alone be exalted in heaven.

law of Manu 5:165-166 "She who, controlling her thoughts, words, and deeds, never slights her lord, resides after death with her husband in heaven and is called a virtuous wife. In reward of such conduct, a female who controls her thoughts, speech, and actions, gains in current life highest renown, and in the next world a place near her husband."

Without a doubt a husband is put in a higher position above the wife as read in these text. It in essence puts a husband in a position as stated as a demigod. In Hindu text from what i can find, it simply states the pure definition of god is anything that has power or dominion over something else. For example the most classic of these is as kids we often stomp and crush ants this is often done to obtain a brief satisfaction of being god, even if it is petty. Even people in political statuses receive this also because of the power they hold over others. My point being from all this is to ask is it literally true that according to these text that a husband is by definition a "demigod" (mortal god) to a wife, and is it true that the husband can be/should literally worshiped? Being traditional i never call my husband by his name it is "go-shujin-sama" ,meaning master/husband, in Japanese they are the same even if it sounds sexist, the "go" refers to my position below a person and is used formally while the "sama" at the end is a honorific defining the receiving person's position above the other (that other being me). I have always regarded as my husband being godlike in regarding his abilities in his profession but is this to be taken literally? I am seriously confused about these scriptures and i am not bothered with them at all as even if they were not written in a literal sense because i still regard my husband being above me (literally considering the fact i am just 4 feet tall ). And i thank those that answer honestly and do not try to hide the true meanings, i dont care if these scriptures or my marriage is archaic because my marriage works and it is the same way my family has been doing for 300 years. Also please take not i make 70% of the income in my marriage and me and my husband are very well educated so do not go under the impression i am a housewife, because i seriously cannot cook nor clean unless you want burnt food or ammonia soaked floors, i am not brainwashed nor naive regarding relationships .

My question again is that, is it literally true that according to these text that a husband is by definition a "demigod" (mortal god) to a wife, and is it true that the husband can be or should be literally worshiped? And can i act on these text if they are indeed literally true? I find that the worship of anything gives it power and i do not object to giving my husband power since he needs it more then i do

Mana
27 April 2012, 10:48 AM
Namaste cuddledkitty,

To my mind, a husband should also love his wife as a goddess; seeing eye to eye is of the utmost importance.

We are all capable of God realisation.

praNAma

mana

charitra
27 April 2012, 11:58 AM
CK,

Manu is not placed inthe league of Upanishads, vedas and Brahma sutras. A second rung text if you will…..

That said, a woman is strongly advised to be very dutiful to a husband who deserves suchadoration. A man cant demand the status automatically on the day of wedding, he has duely earn it iam afraid. If he is a twig he should be treated as such. Hindus remained vigilant and put in a measure to prevent any future discriminationagainst the fairer sex; hindus have simultaneously elevated the positionof woman to equal or even higher status (than men). As a result you see a separate Kali (durga) sampradaya gaining preeminence, alongside Vishnu and shiva sects. Another classic example is what we see in Ardhnaarishvara.

Mathru devo Bhava, Pitru devo Bhava, Guru devobhava is a commonly recited verse by many hindu kids, roughly translates into treating mother,father and teacher as divine. Pathi (husband) devobhava may be written there somewhere but I cansay is not very popular. Namaste.

yajvan
27 April 2012, 12:10 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Manu is not placed inthe league of Upanishads, vedas and Brahma sutras. A second rung text if you will…

One may wish to be aware that manu smṛti aligns to sat yuga. Each yuga has a set of ~rules~ that govern that age. So, what smṛti aligns to kali ? I will let the reader look this up if they are interested.

praṇām

cuddledkitty
27 April 2012, 12:12 PM
CK,

Manu is not placed inthe league of Upanishads, vedas and Brahma sutras. A second rung text if you will…..

That said, a woman is strongly advised to be very dutiful to a husband who deserves suchadoration. A man cant demand the status automatically on the day of wedding, he has duely earn it iam afraid. If he is a twig he should be treated as such. Hindus remained vigilant and put in a measure to prevent any future discriminationagainst the fairer sex; hindus have simultaneously elevated the positionof woman to equal or even higher status (than men). As a result you see a separate Kali (durga) sampradaya gaining preeminence, alongside Vishnu and shiva sects. Another classic example is what we see in Ardhnaarishvara.

Mathru devo Bhava, Pitru devo Bhava, Guru devobhava is a commonly recited verse by many hindu kids, roughly translates into treating mother,father and teacher as divine. Pathi (husband) devobhava may be written there somewhere but I cansay is not very popular. Namaste.

:) thank you so much for clearing this with me and thanks for acting like a human being :D . I am very traditional and have no desire for a equal marriage, being Japanese i am strongly believe hierarchy even within a marriage and family. MY family still run as a patriarchy i may add, hasn't changed in 300 years.

charitra
27 April 2012, 12:14 PM
Yajaanji,
this is not my personal opinion, i was quoting someone else, i cant remember the citation off top of my head. Your input will be obviously very informative. If someone asks you 'which 4 books would you like me to read first', would you place Many in the list, just asking. Namaste.

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
One may wish to be aware that manu smṛti aligns to sat yuga. Each yuga has a set of ~rules~ that goven that age. So, what smṛti aligns to kali ? I will let the reader look this up if they are interested.

charitra
27 April 2012, 12:24 PM
CK,
the others who have interacted with you are very good human beings, more well read than myself. They are justifiably wary of some unsavoury elements that have appeared and disappeared from here before your time.

You are a breath of fresh air.
Stay here and let us all mutually enrich ourselves through our mutual interactions. Hindus love tradition just like you Japanese. Do you know swami vivekananda had so many very good words about Japanese. :)

:) thank you so much for clearing this with me and thanks for acting like a human being :D . I am very traditional and have no desire for a equal marriage, being Japanese i am strongly believe hierarchy even within a marriage and family. MY family still run as a patriarchy i may add, hasn't changed in 300 years.

cuddledkitty
27 April 2012, 12:33 PM
CK,
the others who have interacted with you are very good human beings, more well read than myself. They are justifiably wary of some unsavoury elements that have appeared and disappeared from here before your time.

You are a breath of fresh air.
Stay here and let us all mutually enrich ourselves through our mutual interactions. Hindus love tradition just like you Japanese. Do you know swami vivekananda had so many very good words about Japanese. :)

hehehehe your just trying to flatter me :D you devil. I admire A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and his teachings honestly. And dont forget i am part Egyptian also and have a Scouser accent =P

Eastern Mind
27 April 2012, 01:00 PM
Vannakkam ck et al: The selection of scriptures you gave is just a tiny portion of the scriptural wealth within Hinduism. One of the very common misconceptions on Hinduism that many newcomers express is the 'one size fits all' scenario. It just isn't the case at all. Hinduism is 900 million strong in adherents, and a multitude of POVs. Kind of like going to a tiny fishing village on some northern island in Canada (or Japan) and saying, 'Well now I've been to Canada, and therefore I understand it."

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
27 April 2012, 01:44 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

If someone asks you 'which 4 books would you like me to read first', would you place Many in the list, just asking. Namaste.

Your question is reasonable.... I would first inquire on the level of understanding the person may have with the knowledge at hand. Let's stay the person is the head of state, I would then suggest he/she read the mahābhārata as this will provide him knowledge on right action for his level of respsonsibility.

If the person were a beginning sādhaka I would direct his/her attention first to patañjali’s yogadarśana then check their experiences.

From my POV it makes sense to consider the person's ability and what will give them max. utility. I would love to offer various upanisad-s but for some the words may be foreign to them, the concepts convoluted.

Yet that said, if someone said, I would like a resonable introduction as I am serious about learning this culture, what book would I suggest ?
I'd ask them to consider the yājñavalkya-smṛti . Here is a link to the 1st book or adhyāya focusing on ācāra:
http://archive.org/stream/yajnavalkyasmrit00yj#page/n5/mode/2up (http://archive.org/stream/yajnavalkyasmrit00yj#page/n5/mode/2up) .
Now this may be too much for some... one will find out once being read.

Another would be a spiritual introduction and then I would say read the first 6 chapters of the bhāgavad gītā . After the 6th chapter let's stop and talk.

praṇām

devotee
27 April 2012, 10:30 PM
Namaste CK,

You can choose your object of worship including your husband. However, in Hindu Dharma :

a) The Manu Smriti is not a scripture which any Hindu goes to for learning how to behave. Moreover, the mention of Huns, KushAns etc. in this scripture indicates that this scripture has been manipulated upto 6-7th century AD or may be even after that. Therefore, many texts in this scripture cannot be considered authoritative.

Hindus are an evolving community and keep changing their ways of living according to changing times.

b) A Hindu wife need not have a servile attitude towards her husband. In today's Hindu society they enjoy equal rights and respect. In ancient time too, they were always respected in different roles.

c) Both husband and wife must respect each other and see God in him/her. If Husband is God for her wife. Wife too is mother Goddess incarnate for Husband and is considered so.

d) Why only husband, the Hindus consider their Father as God, their mother as Goddess etc. There is nothing in Hinduism which is not divine.

OM

cuddledkitty
28 April 2012, 05:23 PM
Namaste CK,

You can choose your object of worship including your husband. However, in Hindu Dharma :

a) The Manu Smriti is not a scripture which any Hindu goes to for learning how to behave. Moreover, the mention of Huns, KushAns etc. in this scripture indicates that this scripture has been manipulated upto 6-7th century AD or may be even after that. Therefore, many texts in this scripture cannot be considered authoritative.

Hindus are an evolving community and keep changing their ways of living according to changing times.

b) A Hindu wife need not have a servile attitude towards her husband. In today's Hindu society they enjoy equal rights and respect. In ancient time too, they were always respected in different roles.

c) Both husband and wife must respect each other and see God in him/her. If Husband is God for her wife. Wife too is mother Goddess incarnate for Husband and is considered so.

d) Why only husband, the Hindus consider their Father as God, their mother as Goddess etc. There is nothing in Hinduism which is not divine.

OM

Namaste.........

If you dwelled within the heavens i would worship you as a god for your divine wisdom!:D

Thank you so much. I asked this because i believe that when you worship or acknowledge a being's power it becomes more powerful and when you do it with sincerity it becomes even more powerful then before. My husband is no Hindu but he is a martial artist and holds the exact same beliefs and method of enlightenment as a Hindu or Buddhist. His personal believe is that martial arts are the divine power of the human body and his expression and love to it is the result of fighting and causing a person injury. This is not done out of hatred or anger or competition but self realization of who you are and what you can become, stress, pain, speed, strength, quick reflexes and wisdom are the soul keys to a fighter and a human being's survival. Fighting and living are exactly the same ironically according to my husband as he does not fight to destroy another human being but he fights out of respect and personal salvation from spiritual and physical oppression. These are called Shinshinkai tournaments, personal events held between martial artist that involve no money, gambling or audience, they are held just for the martial artist's and their goals. I love my husband not for his looks nor charm (he has none consider his social isolation and compulsive behavior) but for his charisma and dedication to his believes. I believe by giving him power over his social life and home and using it to make him feel even more powerful it gives him a strong self esteem and a stronger spirit. I am simple, my husband is simple, my marriage is simple, all i want is for my husband to achieve his personal gain physically, emotionally and spiritually since i have done so already. He is worthy of worship and and my acknowledgement towards him, i hope these feelings are not blasphemous in any way.

R Gitananda
29 April 2012, 12:36 AM
namaste cuddledkitty

It is obvious that Japanese culture is not Indian culture and it is therefore normal for a Japanese
person to emphasize aspects of Sanatana Dharma differently than would an Indian or a Westerner.

Secondly, please remember that actions are influenced by one or a combination of three gunas -
sattva guna, rajas guna and tamas guna. Worshiping your husband as a superior is praiseworthy
from the point of view of both your culture and the shastras that you have chosen to emphasize.
It is sattva.

His worship, while praiseworthy for a devoted Japanese wife, will not in
and of itself free you from the wheel of samsara. A higher birth (even in a heavenly realm)
is still a temporal event and will entail some miseries with all of that pleasure.

A key to your freedom is to try to develop a higher consciousness this way:
While you outwardly perform all of your wifely duties, nurture the inward
understanding that all jivas are in fact equal however they may appear
to be situated.

Therefore remember to give first and highest worship to your ishta devata
who can actually free you and your husband from this material prison.

Hari Aum

cuddledkitty
29 April 2012, 05:56 AM
namaste cuddledkitty

It is obvious that Japanese culture is not Indian culture and it is therefore normal for a Japanese
person to emphasize aspects of Sanatana Dharma differently than would an Indian or a Westerner.

Secondly, please remember that actions are influenced by one or a combination of three gunas -
sattva guna, rajas guna and tamas guna. Worshiping your husband as a superior is praiseworthy
from the point of view of both your culture and the shastras that you have chosen to emphasize.
It is sattva.

His worship, while praiseworthy for a devoted Japanese wife, will not in
and of itself free you from the wheel of samsara. A higher birth (even in a heavenly realm)
is still a temporal event and will entail some miseries with all of that pleasure.

A key to your freedom is to try to develop a higher consciousness this way:
While you outwardly perform all of your wifely duties, nurture the inward
understanding that all jivas are in fact equal however they may appear
to be situated.

Therefore remember to give first and highest worship to your ishta devata
who can actually free you and your husband from this material prison.

Hari Aum

actually i do do this as you mention i never put my husband in a place higher then a god or Brahman. When i awake which is usually sunrise it is always Surya who i worship first of all, sun is the giver of life is it not. Afterwards my devotion goes to my husband, i put him second in other words. He is no god but he is not a Devata nor Brahman but he is worthy of my attention. As long as he protects me and treats me as his wife i will worship him but any abusive or harmful action and i may bite him(no joke). But ive been married for 4 years so i don't worry. I just wanted to know if my actions were deemed blasphemous in any shape or form.:)

IcyCosmic
29 April 2012, 07:34 AM
From what I am to understand the Wife, Husband and god can be compared to a triangle, god obviously residing at the top. Both husband and wife at each corner at the bottom. If they move towards the supreme togethor, not only will their distance decrease (between each other) but they will unite with the supreme in joy.
Regarding your question, from my thoughts...it is more that the husband is the sole protector of his wife so he as regarded as god to her. That does not mean that you can treat women like dirt ofcourse...where woman are treated poorly, god is not pleased. I think it something similar itself in Manu. However my knowledge is very limited....

Eastern Mind
29 April 2012, 08:09 AM
Vannakkam: Just to reiterate other points in a different way, at some (maybe all, I haven't been to that many ... certainly not in all regions of India) the husband and wife exchange garlands, and/or food. It signifies Siva/Shakti. So not only does she worship Him as God, but he worships her as Goddess. I think this is more in line with most of Sanatana Dharma.

Aum Namasivaya

maraji
29 April 2012, 09:32 AM
Pranam

Here is what Manu has to say about women

3.55 Women must be honoured and adored by fathers, brothers,husbands,and brothers-in law,who desire(their own) welfare.
3.56. Where women are honoured, there the gods are pleased ; but where they are not honoured , no sacred rite yields rewards.

For those who are interested may further read women in Vedic Culture by Stephen Knapp
www.stephen-knapp,com/women_in_vedic_culture.htm

devotee
29 April 2012, 10:55 AM
[SIZE="4"]If you dwelled within the heavens i would worship you as a god for your divine wisdom!:D

There are better things to worship, my dear friend. BTW, thanks for your complements ! :)

i believe that when you worship or acknowledge a being's power it becomes more powerful and when you do it with sincerity it becomes even more powerful then before.

I don't want to challenge your beliefs. Faith can do even unthinkable miracles. However, your faith works more on you (i.e. the worshipper) than on the object of worship ... the God starts giving you the grace through the object of worship as if it is God Itself but that object doesn't become God. ... but I would love to be wrong ! :)

OM

kallol
29 April 2012, 11:14 AM
Dear CK,

The answers are there all above.

Let us also get into the purpose of the stories and Manu's smriti. Those were all created for the then society and the well being of the then society.

The main knowledge is in the upanishads, vedas and Gita (may be some other).

If you have read Mahabharata, Panchali or Sita or Kunti or Gandhari or wives of Dasharatha were no less than their husbands. Their actions at various points prove this fact.

Now again with the detoriation of the societal norms, people come out with dos and donts to bring stability and peace. Manu's smriti is one of them.

I would suggest you to go through the main epics, gita, upanishads to gather more fundamental knowledge on hinduism.

Generally (not to full extent) but the knowledge part is less biased and is more universal.

cuddledkitty
29 April 2012, 01:33 PM
There are better things to worship, my dear friend. BTW, thanks for your complements ! :)

I don't want to challenge your beliefs. Faith can do even unthinkable miracles. However, your faith works more on you (i.e. the worshipper) than on the object of worship ... the God starts giving you the grace through the object of worship as if it is God Itself but that object doesn't become God. ... but I would love to be wrong ! :)

OM

May a thousand cute kittens kiss you :)

Well actually your right, worship is a dual empowerment between the object of worship and the worshiper. For example in Shintoism it is said the religious death of Shintoism came from the lack of worship making the major Kami literally die from existence or loose power, but thats basically just a myth. The perspective from my culture comes that what you worship or acknowledge as more powerful protects you and that object becomes stronger, i hate saying this but the closest example to explain this is a Mafia "protection racket".:D

cuddledkitty
29 April 2012, 02:00 PM
From what I am to understand the Wife, Husband and god can be compared to a triangle, god obviously residing at the top. Both husband and wife at each corner at the bottom. If they move towards the supreme togethor, not only will their distance decrease (between each other) but they will unite with the supreme in joy.
Regarding your question, from my thoughts...it is more that the husband is the sole protector of his wife so he as regarded as god to her. That does not mean that you can treat women like dirt ofcourse...where woman are treated poorly, god is not pleased. I think it something similar itself in Manu. However my knowledge is very limited....

But think of things like this, i am 55 inches tall (4feet and 7 inches and 80 pounds roughly) and my husband is twice my weight and far taller. So to me he is rather "god like" considering i am small so i strongly view him as a protector of me which he has done often. As for me and him our marriage it is a little bias with him being able to control me but i control the financial and social aspect of the home, so it does even our marriage out but i place my husband in a higher seat more often, i am often reliant upon others to do everything especially since i cant open a cabinet because i am to short nor can i open jars, fight off a wild dog, lift anything over 15 pounds, nor can i drive as i am to short and tend to fall out of bed :D . So understand i am rather reliant on him and my dependence on him is rather important, you can say all marriages are equal but thats load of garbage, equality is often physically int he law of nature. My husband could break my neck in a second, i wouldnt have a fighting chance, he could destroy everything in my life and i couldnt stop him because i am just that helpless hence my pet name Ayame-chan (chan meaning little girl). So no matter what our marriage could never be equal on any grounds other then money and my husband has a college degree and could get a good job easily but chose not to. You said it yourself that god is above man, as are certain men as are men to others. Being japanese i believe in hierarchy, let me explain something about anarchism regarding natural order. Anarchism is the thought of no government or false social/government structure. All that would run in a anarchic society is the 'winning man" the alpha dominant no different then an animal kingdom, unlike common theory humans are not far from animals regarding our social aspects between male and female. So my marriage is simply a hierarchy/patriarchy that involves the acknowledgement of my husband as "goshujin"(master) and the rest under him must respect him but like any hierarchy respect is only gained from the care of that leader. So making dogeza/土下座 (a form of prostration or kneeling) to my husband is a rather nice compromise if you ask me. You may view it as degrading but this has been done hundreds of years in Nippon and i see no reason to stop it. After praying to my personal deity in the morning which is usually Surya my worship goes to him. My husband's worship to me is taking the time out to help me simply :) which i need a lot, perhaps to much i am sure i annoy him to some degree

IcyCosmic
29 April 2012, 03:04 PM
I compare it more to a square as i would add the fourth element of the children into the cycle. But think of things like this, i am 55 inches tall (4feet and 7 inches and 80 pounds roughly) and my husband is twice my weight and far taller. So to me he is rather "god like" considering i am small so i strongly view him as a protector of me which he has done often. As for me and him our marriage it is a little bias with him being able to control me but i control the financial and social aspect of the home, so it does even our marriage out but i place my husband in a higher seat more often, i am often reliant upon others to do everything especially since i cant open a cabinet because i am to short nor can i open jars, fight off a wild dog, lift anything over 15 pounds, nor can i drive as i am to short and tend to fall out of bed :D . So understand i am rather reliant on him and my dependence on him is rather important, you can say all marriages are equal but thats load of garbage, equality is often physically int he law of nature. My husband could break my neck in a second, i wouldnt have a fighting chance, he could destroy everything in my life and i couldnt stop him because i am just that helpless hence my pet name Ayame-chan (chan meaning little girl). So no matter what our marriage could never be equal on any grounds other then money and my husband has a college degree and could get a good job easily but chose not to. So making dogeza/土下座 (a form of prostration or kneeling) to my husband is a rather nice compromise if you ask me. You may view it as degrading but this has been done hundreds of years in Nippon and i see no reason to stop it. After praying to my personal deity in the morning which is usually Surya my worship goes to him. My husband's worship to me is taking the time out to help me simply :) which i need a lot, perhaps to much i am sure i annoy him to some degree.

4 ft 7? Oh my..I'm 6 ft 2 and I'm only 18 xDDD
Thats rather nice, I don't think theres anything wrong with husbands being in control of the household - my father is the head of the house but it doesn't mean my mother has any less power to exercise. Depends on the individual, and the couple, to shape their lives around their situation and things will even out...imo

cuddledkitty
29 April 2012, 03:21 PM
4 ft 7? Oh my..I'm 6 ft 2 and I'm only 18 xDDD
Thats rather nice, I don't think theres anything wrong with husbands being in control of the household - my father is the head of the house but it doesn't mean my mother has any less power to exercise. Depends on the individual, and the couple, to shape their lives around their situation and things will even out...imo

My brother is 7"5 gigantism runs in my mother's side of the family and NO he doesnt play basketball or any sport. He is a sexist a-hole who spends money on prostitutes and alcohol and dropped school for a job as a PMS. He had his second knee replacement actually and is getting a third that will be custom for his size. His height is rather painful and hard on him despite not being past 30 yet. My ancestral family is a patriarchy and is VERY racist and they marry people for benefits such as height, money, political gain etc so average male in my family is 5"10 to 6"2. I think my big brother stole my height when he was born first :D but i am very small and proud of it. Husband has sometimes bench pressed me for fun :D . But i understand your statement, as i said before i make the most money in the family but i am very shy and cant really interact with others and my husband tends to handle that and the family affairs.

ZarryT
16 May 2012, 08:41 AM
Anything that is possible results from Brahman. All things that ever are the case are therefore permitted.

All things also appear to have consequences. Thus, it is up to the individual character to decide how their plot will continue in the play, given its parameters.