PDA

View Full Version : About Chaitanya Mahaprabhu

Shyam
07 May 2012, 09:37 AM
Why is Chaitanya Mahaprabhu accepted as an incarnation of God. Is there any proof to it?

wundermonk
07 May 2012, 11:00 PM
Why is Chaitanya Mahaprabhu accepted as an incarnation of God. Is there any proof to it?

Welcome to HDF. Quite a direct first post there.

Now, just a thought...you have chosen to make this first post in the generic "God in Hindu Dharma" subfolder...In this folder, we tend to discuss things that are believed to be common to all Hindus...Perhaps this question may be better in a Vaishnava folder?

In any case, now that you have posted it [and I do not want to come across as unwelcoming or churlish] let me ask you:

What proof of someone being an incarnation would be acceptable to you?

That is, assuming I were to provide proofs to you, how would you decide if they are valid proofs or invalid proofs?

SriGauranga
08 May 2012, 12:17 AM
Hare Krishna. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (A.D. 1486-1534), also known as Lord Chaitanya, appeared in West Bengal, India, and showed us how to awaken our love for Krishna while living in this world. Vedic texts state that Lord Chaitanya is the Supreme Person, Krishna, appearing as His own worshiper. He is the combined form of Krishna and Krishna's most dear devotee, Srimati Radharani. He came to experience the love She feels for Him, and to show by example how to fully surrender to Krishna. He exhibited symptoms of love of God to the highest degree, and emphasized chanting the holy names of Krishna as the best means to attain love of God.
Now there are tons of proof that Lord Chaitanya is incarnation of Krishna. Firstly, He exhibited all signs of Lord Vishnu throughout his body. He showed the same Universal Form to Advaita Acarya. He showed love of Krishna that no ordinary person would have. He showed superhuman pastimes. And He has bee accepted by acaryas as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself.
Now take a look at what sastra says about Lord Chaitanya:

Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.5.32:
“In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the name of Krishna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krishna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons, and confidential companions.”
Srimad-Bhagavatam 7:9:38:
"Because the Supreme Lord is also called Tri-Yuga, or one who appears in only three yugas (satya, dvapara, treta), He is sometimes said to appear in a concealed form, in the age of Kali."
brahma yamala:
Lord Krsna said, "Sometimes I personally appear on the surface of the world in the garb of a devotee. Specifically, I appear in the Kali Yuga to start the sankirtan movement." (brahma yamala)
vayu purana:
Lord Krsna said, "In Kali Yuga, when the sankirtan movement is inaugurated, I shall descend as the son of Saci Devi. By the Ganges shore in Navadvip in a brahmana’s house, I shall appear as the best of the brahmanas."
Atharva Veda:
Text 6
eko devah sarva-rupi mahatma
gauro rakta-shyamala-shveta- rupah
Chaitanyatma sa vai Chaitanya-shaktir
bhaktakaro bhakti-do bhakti- vedyah
The one Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the master of all transcendental potencies, and who may be known only by devotional service, appears in innumerable transcendental forms. He has appeared with red, black, and white complexions, and He shall also appear in the golden form of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. He shall assume the role of the perfect devotee, and He shall teach the conditioned souls the path of pure devotional service.
Text 7
namo vedanta-vedyaya
krishnaya paramatmane
sarva-Chaitanya-rupaya
Chaitanyaya namo namah
I offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Sri Krishna, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, who is understood by the study of Vedanta philosophy. He is the master of all transcendental potencies, and He appears as Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
Text 8
vedanta-vedyam purusham puranam
Chaitanyatmanam vishva-yonim mahantam
tam eva viditvati-mrityum eti
nanyah pantha vidyate ’yanaya
One who understands that Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is known by the study of Vedanta philosophy, who is the original cause of the universe, and who is the oldest, the original person, crosses beyond this world of birth and death. This is the proper understanding of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and aside from this there is no other way for one to achieve liberation.
Text 15
Chaitanya eva sankarshano vasudevah parameshthi rudrah shakro brihaspatih sarve devah sarvani bhutani sthavarani carani ca yat kincit sad-asat-karanam sarvam. tad atra shlokah.
Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead who appears as Lord Sankarshana and Lord Vasudeva. He is the original father of Brahma, Siva, Indra, Brihaspati, all the demigods, and all moving and nonmoving living entities. He is the original cause of all that is temporary and all that is eternal. Nothing exists separately from Him, and therefore He is everything. He is described in the following verses.
Text 16-18
yat kincid asad bhunkte
ksharam tat karyam ucyate sat karanam param jivas
tad aksharam itiritam ksharaksharabhyam paramah
sa eva purushottamah
Chaitanyakhyam param tattvam
sarva-karana-karanam
This material world is temporary, whereas the individual living entities who try to enjoy matter are eternal and superior to it. The Supreme Personality of Godhead is superior to both the temporary material energy and the eternal living entities. Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is this Supreme Person, the Absolute Truth, the original cause of all causes.
Text 19
ya enam rasayati bhajati dhyayati sa papmanam tarati sa puto bhavati, sa tattvam janati, sa tarati shokam, gatis tasyate nanyasyeti.
One who worships the Supreme Lord, Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, with devotion and always remembers Him becomes free from all sins and completely pure. Easily understanding the truth about the Personality of Godhead and becoming free from all material lamentation, such a devotee attains the supreme goal of life, which is unattainable by those averse to the Supreme Lord, Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
Your eternal Servant.
Hari Bol!

ShivaFan
13 May 2012, 02:33 AM
You may get your answer by directly asking Him. One aspect to consider is, this wonderful personality believed that love cannot exist without two. The Loved and Beloved. So He cannot be, without two as well - so consider this carefully before you ask Him. Because Someone so full of love has this love by finding others. This is the power He had and has. He loved Krishna. There may be a reason you are asking this question. Perhaps now is the time you take a first step. I am a friend of my Lord Shiva and my guardian and companion is Hanuman. But I think you are interested in a very potent path. If you ask, you may get the answer directly from the one you are inquiring about. Om Namah Shivaya.