PDA

View Full Version : 25 Transcendental Qualities of Srimati Radharani

GauraHari
15 May 2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/radhakrsna/radharani/qualities.gif

Srimati Radharani has twenty-five main transcendental qualities, and She can control even Krsna by them. Her transcendental qualities are as follows:

1. She is sweetness personified

2. She is a fresh young girl

3. Her eyes are always moving

4. She is always brightly smiling

5. She possesses all auspicious marks on her body

6. She can agitate Krishna by the flavor of Her person

7. She is expert in the art of singing

8. She can speak very nicely and sweetly

9. She is expert in presenting feminine attractions

10. She is modest and gentle

11. She is always very merciful

12. She is transcendentally cunning

13. She knows how to dress nicely

14. She is always shy

15. She is always respectful

16. She is always patient

17. She is very grave

18. She is enjoyed by Krishna

19. She is situated on the highest devotional platform

20. She is the abode of love of the residents of Gokola

21. She can give shelter to all kinds of devotees

22. She is always affectionate to superiors and inferiors

23. She is always obliged by the dealings of Her associates

24. She is the greatest amongst Krishna's girlfriends

25. She always keeps Krishna under Her control

smaranam
08 July 2012, 12:07 AM
Hare KRshNa

1. Baby KRshna is everyone's baby. Ever thought of Baby Radha? Here:
http://www.bhakti-yoga-meditation.com/devotional-songs-bhakti-kirtan-radha1.html (http://www.bhakti-yoga-meditation.com/devotional-songs-bhakti-kirtan-radha1.html)

2. Radhika-KRpa-KatAksha: Verses that appeal to Radha for a merciful sidelong glance. Lord Shiva composed this specially for the Vraja devotees.
http://www.harekrsna.de/Radha-kripa-kataksha-stava.htm (http://www.harekrsna.de/Radha-kripa-kataksha-stava.htm)

3. RAdhA-SahastraNaama - Thousand Names of Shri Radha
http://www.mercifulsripada.com/books/Sri_Radha1000.pdf (http://www.mercifulsripada.com/books/Sri_Radha1000.pdf)

_/\_

ShivaFan
11 July 2012, 01:32 AM
Namaste

I would think there are 108 transcendental Qualities of Radha.

Are there transcendental Qualities of The Cowherd Boys (Gopas)?

I remember seeing a Murthi, which I believe is a very rare find, of Balaram standing in ready stance and wielding a plowshare over His head. It was absolutely majestic in beauty... It was one of those moments in life when you think back, why didn't I? (in this case, why isn't I purchase that Murthi? An opportunity lost, a rare find slip away...)

What are the transcendental Battles between the Gopis and Gopas for Krishna's attention? Or do they never have such a battle?

I believe the Cowherd boys come in different colors. Or am I wrong?

Are not some green, another yellow, and Balaram a whiter shade of pale?

And what of the Gopis? Do they come in different colours?

I challenge you Bhaktas to a battle of Bhakti. Tell me, did Radha have a sister?

Did Balaram have a ring?

What was the name of Krishna's favorite Cow?

What colour was the moon when Radha first cried thinking, where is that One?

Om Namah Sivaya

smaranam
13 July 2012, 06:46 PM
Hare KRshNa !

*Radhe! What was the colour of the moon about whom Baby RAdhikA, the darling of Vraj (LAdliJi), kept asking Her mother KirtidA sundari?

Sundar GhanashyAm of course. The color of the dark rain cloud.

Since infancy Radha had this experience with the moon , KRshNaChandra.

How profound is this poem by Jagatguru KRpALuJi Maharaj.

However a major thing about Radha: She opened Her eyes many days after She appeared (wasn't born, neither was KRshNa). She opened Her eyes only to see KRshNa as the first to cast Her eyes on : the baby who came to visit her family with parents Nanda-Maharaj, Yashoda Maiya. (They were family friends).

For all those days her mother thought she was blind.

* Did Radha have a sister?

Past tense is not applicable :) This is nitya lIlA - eternal pastimes
So,Does Radha have a sister?

Yes. Ananga Manjari.

Transcendental qualities of the gopas and gopis, especially the ashTa sakhis, prAN sakhis and close sakhis, manjaris, and the sakhAs (cowherd boys) - with who their parents are, is given in Radha-Krsna GaNodesha DeepikA by RUpa Goswami. Yes, the sakhis and sakhAs have specific complexions and dress.

* Transcendental battles - sure! That's part of the rasik fun. Again, some beautiful books - some by RUpa Goswami on receiving Divine inspiration from Lord Chaitanya, some purAN and some tantra.

Gopas & KRshNa: Very sporty battles to win an outdoor game. The loser has to carry the winner on their shoulder, and gracious KRshNa plays the LIlA of losing just to give His comarades some pleasure, and He would carry them on His shoulder.

Gopis: Theirs are transcendental rivalries only to increase the ras for KRshNa , since all VrajvAsis only live for KRshNa, with no desire of their own.
The most obvious are gopis in Radha's yutha versus other Yuthas (groups) , a major one with Chandravali as Yutheshwari. Gopis in Chandravali's group have a strikingly different approach to KrshNa (dakshiNa) from Radha's sakhis (vAma) who speak transcendental-harsh words to KRshNa (especially LalitA) much to the surprise of the other group which was much more polite.

Harsh words of Radha's sakhis demanding KRshNa's whereabouts are nevertheless sweet for KRshNa :)

Within Radha's group, no one dared get any closer to KRshNa, but there is a funny story about Chitra Sakhi who had culinary fingers and made various dishes, juices and paan and cloves. All Sakhis simply worked towards getting Radha KrshNa together, but once Chitra said to Radha "I have no interest in talking to Him but what can I do if He comes towards me with a beautiful gait and dangling earrings hitting His cheeks" ?

:)

Radhe Jaya Jaya MAdhav dayite
Gokul-taruNi manDala mahite
dAmodar-rati vardhana veshe
hari nishkuta vRndA-vipineshe ...

praNAm

ShivaFan
13 July 2012, 08:38 PM
Namaste
Wonderful! These answers were so nice!

smaranam
14 July 2012, 09:17 AM
Hare KRshNa

KRshNa's cows: Nanda Maharaj, His father, has 9 lakh cows (900,000).

KRshNa knows each one by name. They are all Surabhis. Surabhi cow - is a wish-fulfilling cow. He serves them as mother and refuses to wear shoes or carry an umbrella because the cows do not wear shoes or carry umbrella.

He has white ones -
when He took their roll call :

"Dhavali!" many white ones came running (Hamsi, Chandani...)

Red cows, black , ...

References found in Shrimad BhAgvat, and other places, Bramha Samhita, etc. (I shall see if i can bring them).

Here is a very nice lecture by HH Loknath Maharaj on KrshNa's cows right at Nandagaon, in Vraj, during a parikramA:
Loknath Maharaj on KRshNa's interaction with His cows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKm-B5zt6c&feature=related)

GomAtA ki jay
Jai Shri KRshNa

P.S. Radharani has a calf, but also a pet deer. This deer would come searching for Radha and KrshNa.

PLEASE NOTE: The transcendental pastimes on this thread are to be read, heard, pondered over only after applying premAnjana i.e. the kAjal, anjan, mascara of bhakti and love in one's eyes, and not with mundane logic.

Radha-KRshNa's eternal pastimes are for devotees, bhaktas.

ShivaFan
14 July 2012, 01:13 PM
Namaste Smaranam

Wonderful again! I am humbled and stunned at the vast Bhakti inspired links into these delightful pasttimes of which you so kindly share.

In any battle of Bhaktas, surely I will acquise to your sharing of such lila.

Your are an example of a Gopibhajan in heart and kindness to share this.

Jai Raharani Devi, let me sing the praises of Your Belved Deer so I can learn from this Deer the pasttimes of The Blue Lord.

philosoraptor
14 July 2012, 01:30 PM
PLEASE NOTE: The transcendental pastimes on this thread are to be read, heard, pondered over only after applying premAnjana i.e. the kAjal, anjan, mascara of bhakti and love in one's eyes, and not with mundane logic.

Radha-KRshNa's eternal pastimes are for devotees, bhaktas.

Pranams,

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I would discuss such things on a general Hinduism forum, or for that matter, on any public forum. How many people in such forums have got the "mascara of bhakti and love in one's eyes?" I'm sure I do not. Anyway, just my thought on the subject...

regards,

ShivaFan
14 July 2012, 09:08 PM
Namaste Philosoraptor

Attached below is a coin. You may have noticed I like Hindu Temple Tokens. This is one from the year 1818 AD.

It reads Shri Mahaprabhu Vallabhacharya (1479-1530) who traveled on pilgrimages throughout India. When he reached Lohagarth a disciple told him that this was a scenic place. Shri Mahaprabhu Vallabhacharya replied, "Over there is a mountain with a waterfall. Nearby is a rock with the imprint of an elephant's foot. There are also three ponds. In the first pond celestial ladies bathe. The second is enjoyed by divine musicians, while Indra, accompanied by other gods, arrives at the third pond every full moon to delight in the waters."

Almost 500 years later in 2000 AD, an authorized follower of this Sampradaya discovered a rock at the location described in the vast volume of works authored by disciples of Vallabhacharya. On this rock was found an imprint of an elephants foot. A Baithak is now established there.

Some people may think these are fairy tales. That there is no room for them. Some even think Bhakti is not an authorized, fully endowed, path, one of the foundational methods of Hinduism.

In one way, the entire Bharat, Mother India, is one very large forum. And in this very large Mansion the devotees of Sanatana Dharma discuss many things about the Lord, and about the Path and Dharma. I am so grateful to them. For me, the life of a Hindu is so much more than philosophy - in fact that is the least to me, I see the color of life in this way, the colors of God in the temple, my ears hear the sounds of bells and song, my eyes see the Lord, my nose smells the insence and prashadam, I see the love in the guru, I am in my body but even this body can reach out to this Truth. Even here in the West, it is found. But if you are so blessed to live on this Dham called India, or have visited The Mother Land, there is probably no doubt you have encountered so many Bhaktas of this method called Bhakti. Certainly, I consider myself one, I am devoted to Ram who is a Bhakta of Lord Shiva, and my Istha Lord is Hanuman who is verily Mahadeva Himself.

You may have noticed perhaps, that many of such Bhaktas found in India, are the bhaktas of the Lord called Krishna. He spoke the Bhagavad Gita. Once Lord Krishna said, “As my bhakta worships me, so I adore them”. And this is why a great mystic called Vallabhacharya said that even we can live happily in this world if we offer all, even our wealth, and verily our life, but most of all our hearts, to The Lord. This is advised, because as in the words of this Lord Krishna Himself, He pays very, very close attention to His Bhakta.
So here is my thought to you.

I am not knowledgeable in the deep practices of the followers of Lord Krishna. And, I hope it is not true, and I think that actually you are more fair than perception, but perhaps from reading some of your comments in the past that you do not like ISKCON in particular or Krishna Bhaktas. I hope I am mistaken in such a layman’s perception.

I am not an initiate of ISKCON for example. And so I am not sure if I could agree with everything Smaranam may share, and so like any bhakta it is common to propose a challenge. You know Vallabhacharya use to often propose such a challenge, though I am only an insect next to such a Devotee of God. But that is a common thing when one may chance upon a devotee, if only to see if this is one who is a real devotee, from while you may not be so interested, there are many such as myself who believe that there is so much to learn that our lives are too short.

And so I asked Smaranam by this challenge, and I was defeated.

I do not know if Smaranam is a male or a female. I have made the mistake before of thinking one as a male, only to find later such was a female.
But I do not care what physical form is Smaranam. I do not care if someone who can prove such a commitment to the very authorized, and very ancient and ageless, ways that Mother India has given us, come from a monkey, or an elephant, or a shudra. I do not care, I only listen. What you may think is mascara may not be something you even understand. But if you go to India, or come from India, or one day want to go there, please be ready to have room for them, because in the Mansion of India, which is a forum of great content, you will not be able to avoid them. So you should one day consider, to be comfortable with them. They love you a lot.

It is probably not a good idea to allow a forum to be swallowed in a preponderance of only one song, only one point in time, only one shelter, be it a preponderance of “Nothing really matters because All is Brahman” (boring?), or “Ganja and mushrooms are the path to Hinduism” (no comment), or any of such focus which can perhaps simply swallow everything and not allow others to hear the sound of the birds in the garden. But I do not think that this is what Smaranam does, nor any of the other devotees of Krishna.

Not to discuss Radha? And not to have threads such as "Why I love Shiva", or "Why I love Ganesha", or .... ?

I do not think that what you say is true at all, that is my personal opinion.
I do believe something, which I hope you do not find strange. I think that my Lord Shiva, and Lord Vishnu, Brahma, and all the Devas and Devis read this forum. God looks.

This may sound like a fairy tale to some. But remember, wherever you end up, along this path through the jungle, it is good to have friends there along with you. I welcome Smaranam, there is nothing fake about this one as far as I am concerned. I welcome what is shared from time to time. And just consider, God adores them. So that may be something to consider. Before I step on the toes of another who claims to be a Hindua, I am careful because of that. For I may be washing the very feet of the same I have just stepped on. I do not know who is who, or where they come from, but I am careful always to consider who is before me. The One may be very adored by The Lord. It may be my Lord whom I love called the Great Lord Shiva. It may be Krishna. I am very careful, because I can use a friend in this journey.

I am getting old. But I think, who knows, perhaps very soon having now learned that Shri Radharani has a friend who is a Deer, that this may prove to be VERY beneficial bit of information for me one day. Maybe sooner than I think. If I can think at all in this confused world. So when I look at all the things about me in this world, it seems better for me to look at the loving face of Valli. Or the deer of Radha, which now i have found.

OM NAMAH SIVAYA

ShivaFan
14 July 2012, 09:10 PM
Here is the coin

philosoraptor
15 July 2012, 01:13 PM
Namaste Shivafan,

I'm not clear on how you concluded that I am somehow unfavorably disposed towards Krishna-bhakti, Krishna-bhaktas, or ISKCON. I can assure you that none of these is the case. Nor am I opposed to discussing Krishna-lIla publicly. On the contrary, I like to think I relish it.

My specific objection is to public discussion of some of these highly intimate details that are not found in shAstra/based on AcArya's personal vision. I think it is too easy for unqualified people to misunderstand them. As I have been told by some of my ISKCON friends, the pasttimes of Sri Krishna are to be respected and not to be revealed without consideration for the qualification of the audience. It is only out of respect that I point this out.

regards,

ShivaFan
15 July 2012, 02:27 PM
Namaste Philosopheraptor

Thank you for your kind advise that people such as myself and others are unqualified to learn that Radharani has a pet deer. In part, I see the larger truth in what Smaranam means by Premanjana, in fact his use of the term mascara was fitting and I hope that such sharing of such wonderful knowledge is allowed.

I am wondering if the 25 Qualities of Radharani came from an authorized book of an authorized Gaudiya or even perhaps BBT or ISKCON publication? If so, should it not be made public?

Mahaprabhu who be very public in so many of the things shared which were already noted. And Chaitanya, during the time many Hindus were being killed for even saying the name of God in public, was in the streets shouting the names of God and sharing the pastimes of the same at the risk of His own life.

But I do enjoy hearing about such pastimes from those advanced devotees such as Smaranam when they see it is appropriate to share them. I understand your concern, and certainly you are having my own best interests in mind when you feel that such as myself should not be told about Radha's deer, I will take this into consideration in the future. I do have to be honest though, if a devotee wants to enlighten me about the pastimes of Lord Muruga, or Rama, or the words of the Saints and mystics in the future I will be careful, my only problem is the love inside that seems to want to reach out to God may make me all ears to the information.

But I am very happy today! Because I knew you have nothing against Krishna Bhaktas, and in one way all of this talk about Radha helped clarify! I knew it was the case, and I hope you will consider me if and when you can teach me how to be the same.

Om Namah Sivaya

smaranam
15 July 2012, 04:14 PM
Prabhuji, thank you first of all, for your association, and for your very kind words.

I am just a devotee like you are. Also, to clarify, i am not a member of ISKCON technically, although Shrila PrabhupAd, his disciples and grand-disciples are certainly among my shikshA gurus. Like you i also relish stories of Vallabhacharya's 84 baithaks, and try to pick nectar from his PushTi Margiya descendants. You know Shyamsundar sent me to all these, but sometimes He also teased "Who asked you to read so much?"

That "NOTE" i had written in the end after some thought, was certainly not meant for you!
It was meant for others, who may not be interested in devotion to KRshNa and as you predicted, may look at all this as a fairy tale. It was merely a request - to put on the premanjana, mascara.

Your humility and strong interest in learning about the Lord's pastimes, as well as how you approach the subject, itself makes you qualified to hear what is on this thread.

I understand Philosoraptor's point, but 95% of what is here is indeed from ShAstra:

1. Radha Sahasranama : NArada PancharAtra (acharyas give many references from NArada PancharAtra and from NArad Muni in general - including the important quotes like harer namaiva kevalam)

2. Radha KRpA katAksha : Urdhvamaniya tantra (conversation between Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati)http://nitaaiveda.com/Compiled_and_Imp_Scriptures/Vaishnava_Song_Book/Sanskrit_Songs/Sri_Radha-Krpa-Kataksa-Stava-Raja.htm

3. Maay, de chandra khilaouna laay (Maay, chandra khilaouna lai de) - not shastra, but composed By a rasik bhakta guru, Jagatguru Krupaluji Maharaj

4. Radha's sister, nitya - prAN sakhis , KRshNa's prAN-sakhas, Golok - Bramhavaivarta purAN (Ganga turned into a river in the Lord's Lotus Feet, Bhageerath Muni called Her to earth, and Shiva held Her in His JatA to dampen the force, ShridAma, Tulasi-ShankhachUDa leading to Tulasi-Shaligram are all sourced in Golok and found in Bramhavaivarta PurAN). I read some parts of a hindi naration, showing KRshNa was alone at first, then Radha, Narayana, Shiva, Lakshmi, Gauri, BrahmA, Saraswati, and then creation.

5. KRshNa's cowherd pastimes, carrying winner friend on shoulder, tRNAvrta, bakAsur vadh, cows etc. : Shrimad BhAgvat purAN Canto 10

More about cows by Vishwanath Chakravarti ThAkur, found in AC Bhaktivedanta Swami purport to SB 10.35.19 (http://srimadbhagavatam.com/10/35/18-19/en). Bramha samhita ref. about Surabhi cows in purport to SB 8.8.2 (http://srimadbhagavatam.com/8/8/2/en)

6. Gopi Yutha, ashta sakhis : a consistent narration by several acharyas in various sampradAy independantly

-- Nimbarka, Chaitanya, Rupa Goswami, Ramanuja, South Indian Alvars (12) including Andal, Vallabhacharya.

-- Nimbarkacharya revealed about Radha's sakhis and taking shelter of Radha, but it was Lord Chaitanya, KRshNa in the internal mood of Radha and external mood of an ideal pure devotee, who revealed about manjaris, and a lot more details. He did not write anything except the Chaitanya ShikshAshtak, but transfered divine vision to His disciple Rupa Goswami who wrote the books.

Also Jiva Goswami wrote BRhad BhagvatamRta is also a recommended book that is not shastra, but Jiva Goswami has shown through a story of spiritual journey of a boy called Gopal, how serving KRshNa and His eternal associates in VrndAvan is the highest and sweetest.

Om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya~

praNAm

smaranam
15 July 2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.astrojyoti.com/brahmavaivartapurana.htm (http://www.astrojyoti.com/brahmavaivartapurana.htm)
http://www.gauranga.org/files/brahma_vaivarta_purana.pdf (http://www.gauranga.org/files/brahma_vaivarta_purana.pdf)
http://www.4shared.com/office/wlaEafRh/brahma-vaivarta_purana_-_unabr.html (http://www.4shared.com/office/wlaEafRh/brahma-vaivarta_purana_-_unabr.html)

ShivaFan
16 July 2012, 12:00 AM
Namaste Smaranam!

As you state: "That "NOTE" i had written in the end after some thought, was certainly not meant for you! "

Of course I know that Smaranam! I never thought that even for a second. I really learn from you and I agree with you both in regards to the insights you have, and in the need to wipe our eyes authorized love to really see.

Thank you for everything, there is so much I can learn from you! It doesn't matter if you are ISKCON or not, you have all the qualifications to speak on authority regarding these matters, there is NO doubt in my mind on this. When I first met you, I knew so little about you, but now you have proven such insights that I almost feel I have known you are a great personality from somewhere in the past!

Anyway, whatever the case, thanks!

philosoraptor
16 July 2012, 06:25 PM
Truth be told, Radha's pet deer does not bother me. Talk about Radha bringing the omnipotent Sri Krishna under her control, on the other hand, does strike me as something that could easily be misleading to non-Vaishnavas.

I'm glad as always, that unnecessary recourse to sarcasm does not obstruct the consideraton of a good point.

regards,

ShivaFan
16 July 2012, 10:03 PM
Namaste Philosopheraptor

What about Lord Shiva, is He a non-Vaishnava? Is he allowed to hear the pastimes? What about Lord Ram? Isn't He a devotee and bhakti of Shiva? Is He a non-Vaishnav?

Who is a non-anything?

I do not know the answer, but I think guru knows.

Are you a guru?

This is not good measure of our time to go on and on as to who can hear what, who is non-this or that. There is better ways for our time?

Let's just let it rest.

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti