PDA

View Full Version : Srinivasa Kalyanam

Vaikuntha Bound.
15 May 2012, 01:03 AM
Namaste,

This weekend my family will be attending a celebration of Srinivasa Kalyanam. I've read the material produced by the temple and whatever I could find online. I feel like I understand the gist of the story behind it. What I would like to know is how one of these celebrations generally proceed? What does the ritual itself look like? Has anyone here ever attended one of these celebrations? Is anyone familiar with the proceedings and protocols? Any information that could be passed on would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

VB

shian
15 May 2012, 04:38 AM
Namaste Vaikuntha,

i will very happy if can read your experience after attending the ceremony
and maybe some photos ;)

realdemigod
15 May 2012, 06:36 AM
Namaste Vaikuntha,
If you are attending it in Tirupathi then you are blessed and you wouldn't have to worry about anything. The priests there will help you in doing pooja. Even elsewhere priests who do pooja tell you how to do with the pooja samagri there. If you have any ISKCON temple nearby you can ask the priest there

Vaikuntha Bound.
18 May 2012, 07:48 PM
Namaste,

I'm actually attending it in Phoenix, AZ. I'll be sure to post about my experience, but I can't promise pictures.

realdemigod
18 May 2012, 08:26 PM
Oh then I have no idea about how it's done there. Good luck.

Viraja
24 July 2012, 06:34 PM
Namaste Sir,

I have not seen Srinivasa Kalyana Vaibhavam but I have seen Sri Rama Kalyanam. I watched it in youtube under title 'Vaduvur' - I found a title saying Rama Kalyanam. Maybe you can watch something similar in youtube by typing in 'Tirumala' / 'Tirupathi'. Sorry if this answer came in too late.

Jainarayan
24 July 2012, 08:18 PM
Namaste.

I went to the Shiva Parvati Kalyanam, and let me say, it was exhuberant, to say the least. Very joyous, colorful, musical, yet solemn. Most of us (and it was a large crowd) were by-standers, or rather, by-sitters :D and only watched.